XF and XFR ( X250 ) 2007 - 2015

XF seat covers?

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2012, 02:08 PM
Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts
Default XF seat covers?

My XF has at least 1 car seat installed all the time, about 3 days a week there are 3 car seats.

I am looking for a nice cover for the rear seats that, fits and is easy to remove and won't damage or transfer ink to the seat below it.

Does anyone have a cover or know where I could get a cover. I have looked at what is available from Amazon and Ebay and was not impressed.

Old 10-22-2012, 03:09 PM
Veteran Member
Received 331 Likes on 235 Posts

Sure you want to cover those nice seats?

Old 10-22-2012, 03:46 PM

2 year old, 4 year old and 7 year old ... yes I'm sure.

You should see how bad a car seat can damage a leather seat. Imagine hard plastic sliding back and forth over your leather seat. It makes a deep scar and fades the color where it rides. Our Sequoia is trashed which is why we have kept it so long, might as well run the wheels off it because its worth nothing.

In my G35 I used black fabric seat protectors but they transfer the black die overtime. My interior was black so non issue but they would ruin the spice leather in my XF.

I am going to trade or sell my XFSC when it still has 3 months or 1,000 miles of warranty left so I want to keep it clean for high trade/re sell. There is no way I would own this car off warranty.

Old 10-22-2012, 07:34 PM
Received 90 Likes on 65 Posts

what I did was fold a towel and put it under the car seat had it there three years and no damage and yes i did wash it and change it several times 1 on the bottom 1 between the backs

Old 10-22-2012, 11:53 PM

That is a great idea! might end up doing that if I can't find a good seat cover

Old 10-23-2012, 07:22 AM
Veteran Member
Received 204 Likes on 156 Posts

I have one from eddie bauer. It's a mat that sits under the car seat. It works great. There is a thick piece of fabric that pushes between the bottom and top part of the seat to hold it in place.

Amazon.com: Eddie Bauer Car Seat Protector: Baby Amazon.com: Eddie Bauer Car Seat Protector: Baby

Old 10-23-2012, 09:10 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Blackcoog
I have one from eddie bauer. It's a mat that sits under the car seat. It works great. There is a thick piece of fabric that pushes between the bottom and top part of the seat to hold it in place.

Amazon.com: Eddie Bauer Car Seat Protector: Baby

These are great! I have two for the carseats in my landrover.

Old 10-23-2012, 10:15 AM
Received 34 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by XF - Xtra Fast

I am going to trade or sell my XFSC when it still has 3 months or 1,000 miles of warranty left so I want to keep it clean for high trade/re sell. There is no way I would own this car off warranty.
Hmm, not to be dumb, but what specifically is concerning you that you'd sell as opposed to buying an extended warranty?

Old 10-23-2012, 01:24 PM
Veteran Member
Received 331 Likes on 235 Posts

Originally Posted by XF - Xtra Fast
2 year old, 4 year old and 7 year old ... yes I'm sure.

You should see how bad a car seat can damage a leather seat. Imagine hard plastic sliding back and forth over your leather seat. It makes a deep scar and fades the color where it rides. Our Sequoia is trashed which is why we have kept it so long, might as well run the wheels off it because its worth nothing.

In my G35 I used black fabric seat protectors but they transfer the black die overtime. My interior was black so non issue but they would ruin the spice leather in my XF.

I know all about it. I have used thick/large towels in the past. Conditioning the seats helps quite a bit.

Old 10-23-2012, 06:08 PM

Originally Posted by wannajag
Hmm, not to be dumb, but what specifically is concerning you that you'd sell as opposed to buying an extended warranty?
Extending the warranty might happen too... but more likely I will trade it before it goes off. It will make a great select certified right?

I bought this car for 2 reasons, performance and ability to handle 3 car seats. Its under warranty until July, 2016 why not get something new in January 2016?

I have owned it for 33 days today and it spent 8 days at the dealership. 4 of the days I got it back and nothing was replace. The second time it got a new electric fan. Its a 2011 with 16k miles why is the e fan broken already? I get a Adaptive Dynamic's Fault error message weekly that has not been able to be duplicated or diagnosed. Don't get me wrong I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE this car. I bought it expecting some quirks and I do enjoy the service my dealership provides and having a XJL loaner is pretty sweet. I think after 3 more years of quirks I will probably be ready for something that doesn't have quirks. Also good as I'm doing financially I don't think I can afford to keep this car running off warranty. I feel like the XFSC is the best car for my needs at any price today, 2016 is a long time away.

If it was January 2016 today I would be looking at XJL Supersports and Mercedes GL63's. I love the GL series and I'm currently shopping for a GL350 diesel to replace our Sequoia before the end of next year.