XF and XFR ( X250 ) 2007 - 2015

XF Sportbrake (2015) Park Brake Fault alert

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2020, 09:49 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation XF Sportbrake (2015) Park Brake Fault alert

Hi, I'm new to this forum so I hope someone can advise. I just drove my XF Sportbrake and on the outward journey the cruise control stopped working (triggered it to omce on but nothing happened). Then on the way home I've got a 'Park Brake Fault' alert appear that toggles to 'Emergency brake assist not available'. When i cruise control (or Eco start or winter mode) I get told that these modes are not available. The XF doesn't get used that much so I've put it on the trickle charger in case the battery is very low (normally I get told this on start up - but not this time). As this is the fisrt fault I've ever had I'm curious to know if it might be something like a low battery or something more serious? All advice welcome.

Old 02-23-2020, 11:09 AM
Received 500 Likes on 316 Posts

not being funny , but how you charging the battery ? as you will bypass the battery monitoring module if you go direct to the battery terminals, and the car isn't registering the charge and will hold off several systems , you need to place the ground or negative clamp to the body , the spare wheel post is a suggestion , this way the BMS ( battery monitoring system ) registered the charge, other than that, if your battery is 5 years or more old, it could do with changing unless proven good by a drop test etc, you will also need a full AGM battery , so be aware if buying a replacement

BB

Old 02-23-2020, 12:56 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Brake buster
not being funny , but how you charging the battery ? as you will bypass the battery monitoring module if you go direct to the battery terminals, and the car isn't registering the charge and will hold off several systems , you need to place the ground or negative clamp to the body , the spare wheel post is a suggestion , this way the BMS ( battery monitoring system ) registered the charge, other than that, if your battery is 5 years or more old, it could do with changing unless proven good by a drop test etc, you will also need a full AGM battery , so be aware if buying a replacement

BB
Hi, thanks for this. I got the Main Dealer to install a trickle charger socket and I bought from them the Jaguar trickle charger. I will admit that I don’t leave it plugged in to the trickle charger (I have to trail an extension lead out the front door). So I think that the battery is pretty flat, probably I’ve damaged it through not keeping it charged (and it doesn’t get that much use) and it’s nearly 5 years old.