XF and XFR ( X250 ) 2007 - 2015

XF Sportbrake 3.0D S Portfolio - Purchase Help

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2018 | 06:38 AM
|
Default XF Sportbrake 3.0D S Portfolio - Purchase Help

Hi all,

I am looking at purchasing an XF Sportbrake 3.0D S Portfolio, MY 2014 or 2015. There are a few around, all supposedly with aerodynamic pack, adaptive dynamics and black pack. There's one in particular that I like but the dealer has offered information that doesn't quite add up, so I thought I'd ask the experts on here...

1. Photos show that the rear diffuser is standard, rather than the part colour coordinated rear valance (upper) with gloss black fins (lower). I thought all D S Portfolio's came with the latter?
2. The dealer has sent the original spec as entered in their system. Three things stand out:
- Spec shows car has Black Pack with detachable towbar. The ad doesn't mention it having a towbar and I can't see any evidence in the pics, but if it is included does this explain the rear valance issue above? (would the black fins on the rear valance obstruct the towbar, therefore a standard rear valance has been put on?)
- Spec shows the car has 825W Meridian surround sound system (MY2014 Sportbrake Brochure also says the same), but I thought all 3.0D S Portfolio's came with a 1200W system?
- Spec doesn't mention Aerodynamics pack. Was this standard on the outgoing MY 2014/15 models

For all cars being advertised via main dealers, I'm asking for DPF readings as I'm looking at low mileage cars (<30k miles).

I'm really keen to purchase one of the cars by the weekend if possible, so answers to the above and any other advice would be greatly received!

Many thanks,

Martin

Old 06-07-2018 | 06:18 PM
Veteran Member

Probably better that one of your UK compatriots replies as I am no expert on the standard specs of a 2014 or 2015 XFS, but I did have a 2010 XFS so I have a few clues, so for what it's worth:
I don't think you can fit a towbar to a Sportbrake with the fancier rear valance and diffuser (those that were standard for the XFR and XFR-S and possibly the later XFS), so your theory may be correct and it has a towbar and hence the "plain Jane" valance and diffuser. Apparently when the detachable connector is removed the towbar is pretty much completely hidden which would explain why you can't see it in photos.
By 2014 the 1200W Bowers and Wilkins system had been dropped and replaced by the 825W Meridian system.
I'm pretty sure the Aero pack was not standard on the XFS and even if it was it may not have applied to the Sportbrake.

Old 06-08-2018 | 03:22 PM
|

Thanks a lot for your info. Turns out the car does have a Jaguar detachable tow bar fitted to it, so I'm thinking I could take the detachable part of the tow bar off and replace the balance/diffuser with the sportier one. If I did that but walked to use the tow bar occasionally in the future, would it work if I removed the diffuser for those periods when I'd like to use the tow bar? It looks like it pops out easily enough.

Thanks for the clarification on the sound system, I got myself confused having looked at some 2013 models with the 1200W B&O system.

​​​​
​​

Old 06-09-2018 | 01:56 AM
|

Originally Posted by OzXFR
Probably better that one of your UK compatriots replies as I am no expert on the standard specs of a 2014 or 2015 XFS, but I did have a 2010 XFS so I have a few clues, so for what it's worth:
I don't think you can fit a towbar to a Sportbrake with the fancier rear valance and diffuser (those that were standard for the XFR and XFR-S and possibly the later XFS), so your theory may be correct and it has a towbar and hence the "plain Jane" valance and diffuser. Apparently when the detachable connector is removed the towbar is pretty much completely hidden which would explain why you can't see it in photos.
By 2014 the 1200W Bowers and Wilkins system had been dropped and replaced by the 825W Meridian system.
I'm pretty sure the Aero pack was not standard on the XFS and even if it was it may not have applied to the Sportbrake.
Thanks very much for the advice, I was confusing the sound system as I had looked at some 2013 models to begin with.

Turns out the car does have a factory fitted removable tow bar, which explains the bumper issue. Jaguar are looking at the cost of replacing the rear valance with the XFR/XFS one (thus not being able to make use of the tow bar), they indicated it'd be about £400...
I'm wondering whether I could have the XFS rear valance installed and then just remove the finned diffuser when I wasn't to make use if the tow bar. Anyone know if the tow bar would fit with no diffuser there?