XF and XFR ( X250 ) 2007 - 2015

XF Supercharged Performance parts list.

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2011, 07:24 PM
Veteran Member
Received 357 Likes on 174 Posts
Question XF Supercharged Performance parts list.

Hey Guys,

I just picked up a 09 XF supercharged fro ma member here. I searched through tons of threads regarding performance parts for the XF supercharged.
I want to know a little bit more before tackling a few mods and I want your input to the questions below.

How many different pulleys are there for the XF supercharged and what is the size difference? I see some increase just 1.5 psi and other 2.5 psi.Which have you guys used and which makes the most hp?

Exhaust systems to be all designed the same just with a different tip finish to them.They all seem to make the same power but the tips look slightly different. what have others done when on their own when making their own exhaust? I am thinking of having my fabricator do a X-pipe and then not sure which mufflers. So if you changed your mufflers and added a Xipipe which did you use and where did you buy your tips from?

As far as tuning I dont see a whole lot of great reviews or a local guy in my area (Central NJ).I dont want to ship my ECU out and rather find a local guy to flash it so he can flash it back to stock if I sell the car quickly.

I see there is a thermostat offered online but has anyone seen some good benefits on these when stock and a pulley/exhaust equipt?Is it worth it?

From my searches it seems the intake is best left alone and there is no great way to make any power there since the dual MAFs are so sensitive just like my AMG is.

My goal is to find some simple upgrades for a medium budget to make just a lil bit power and hear a bit more grumble from the motor. Removing my resonators and secondary cats on my AMG was all I needed and want to get the same sound and power gain from my 09 XF supercharged.

Old 11-26-2011, 10:08 PM
Received 31 Likes on 26 Posts

I have the Quicksilver exhausts. Jaguar XFR 5.0 Super Charged - Sports Exhaust (2009 on) - QuickSilver Exhaust Systems

Everybody comments on how great they sound. Beware, however, there is a bit of resonance/boominess at around 1800-2000 RPM under certain loads. Unfortunately, that is exactly where the transmission in D wants to put the car to utilize the very strong low end torque of the XFR engine, rather than downshift to a lower gear. This isn't a problem when using S mode or the manual paddle shifters, and mostly happens only when climbing a slight grade at relatively small throttle openings. At first I was considering going back to stock, but the stock exhausts are too quiet for me, and I'm rather used to it now.

A good compromise is the OEM performance active exhausts found as optional in XKRs, but I don't think they fit the XFR. They are a bit louder than the XFR's (and stock XKR's), but I don't think they have the resonance issue (mind you, I didn't get much a chance to figure that out, as the only XKRs I drove with the performance active exhausts were at the R Performance Academy, where zero time was spent under the conditions that would give me resonance with my Quicksilvers).

Personally, I would not mess with pulleys or do any engine mods. The car has plenty of power. If anything goes boom after making engine mods, good luck getting any warranty or "goodwill" coverage. If at all tempted to increase HP, however, I'd try to find out what Jaguar did to the XKR-S to boost the HP to ~560. Probably pulleys and a few other tweaks.

You can probably pick up some performance also by switching tires to Michelin Super Sports, which shave a few pounds from each tire compared to the OEM Dunlops. Of course this doesn't affect HP, but reducing unsprung, rotating weight at the outer circumference by going to lighter tires can yield similar performance gains. And as many others will say, improving the driver's "software" by going to track sessions and driving schools is an even better investment.

Last edited by Need4Spd; 11-26-2011 at 10:22 PM.
Old 12-07-2011, 04:17 PM
Veteran Member

After searching more on Exhausts for the XFS I think I will try my custom X-Pipe first and see where its at. That alone was plenty on my E63 AMG so it might do the same for me on the XF.

Old 12-12-2011, 09:03 AM
Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

See if you can get it to sound better than this??

Jaguar XFR | High Speed Test - YouTube

The following 2 users liked this post by barney100golf:
Jimm Panik (12-27-2011), SunFlower (12-28-2019)
Old 12-13-2011, 06:56 AM
Veteran Member

That sounds perfect!!!
I f I change the pulley ,That may give me a similiar whine sound and the exhaust should be similiar to after the pipes are done.

The blower now is so silent.I wonder if the cobra pulley's are interchangable with the Jag? My friend has the puller tool and tons of pulley's from his 04 cobra's and gt500 laying around.

Old 12-13-2011, 11:23 AM
Veteran Member
Received 204 Likes on 156 Posts

The Ford Cobra/GT500 pulleys are significantly different and most of the puller tools won't work either. I already looked into it.....

Old 12-14-2011, 07:00 AM
Veteran Member

ok,that sux for me then. I see there is 3 other company's who make a pulley for our cars and they all look exactly the same but 1. the 1 I speak of is a pulley kit,it comes with upper blower pulley and lower pulleys. Which of them all adds the most boost?
I wont be racing my XF but I want to feel a big boost when I step on it time to time and hear that sucker whine.They all dont say what PSI they increase. They just say +30-40 or 40-50 hp increase. so which of these below do you guys have or would buy for the best output?

http://www.minagallery.com/jagxp/Jag...f/xfpulley.htm

http://eurotoysltd.com/catalog/produ...oducts_id=1325 These guys says this will fit the XF. True?

http://eurotoysltd.com/catalog/produ...8261be9e6fc607 2.5-3 lbs.

http://eurotoysltd.com/catalog/produ...3c84886aef677e 1.5 lbs

http://www.paramount-performance.com..._Upgrades.html

Last edited by BigCat09; 12-14-2011 at 07:11 AM.
Old 06-16-2013, 02:14 AM
Received 45 Likes on 30 Posts

The XKR-S and XKR engines are mechanically identical. There is no difference in the pulleys. The difference is a function of limiters in the ecu tune. If you remove those from the XKR, you have yourself an S engine.