XF and XFR ( X250 ) 2007 - 2015

The XF Supercharged Is Quite Something...Quick Story and Need Some Help...

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2008, 09:11 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: The XF Supercharged Is Quite Something...Quick Story and Need Some Help...

Drill a hole in the muffler

Or add a resonator

Old 06-22-2008, 10:14 PM
ud
Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts
Default RE: The XF Supercharged Is Quite Something...Quick Story and Need Some Help...

I know it's probably too early yet for any after market exhaust for the XF..But a simple Catback conversion would sound very nice...Check out Borla for parts and maybe a muffler shop around you can fabricate something up for you.

check out this sound bite of just a Borla CATBACK..very simple to do..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=48HR75IevKI&NR=1

Old 06-22-2008, 10:37 PM
Veteran Member
Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

im a big fan of cutouts, basically you flip a switch and it goes from stock to dumping it before the cats! very big difference and when you want to be subtle its stock, not sure if it will void your warranty though lol

also since youre from Miami check out the July meet we got goin on in Orlando, you would be the first XF to sign up!

Old 06-22-2008, 11:07 PM
Veteran Member

one of the techs might correct me but its pretty much when they cut out a piece of the exhaust before and put in another section with a actuator door, door opens and it dumps it, door closed and it goes through cats just like normal exaust, actuator is controlled by a switch, so if they arent open its stock

Old 06-22-2008, 11:44 PM
Veteran Member

yeah probably but then u cant have it quiet as stock when you want it, i like the cutouts because you have the best of both worlds, you can get real loud real fast or subtle at the flip of the switch and ive heard its really easy of a job, maybe not as taking the resonators off but not complicated by any means

Old 06-23-2008, 11:07 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: kcamacho11

u mean to REMOVE the resonator right? isn'ta resonator meant to silence the sound of the car more?
My bad You are absolutely right. I misspoke

Old 06-27-2008, 05:22 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

How about this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d9q6YEHm4zs

Tony

Old 06-27-2008, 05:30 PM

The newer model Mustangs are fairly quick from 0-60. I have a 2006 GT and it puts out 300 hp and 320 ft lbs of torque (stock.) I believe the 0-60 times are about 5 seconds - nearly identical to the XF SV8. However, with another 120 hp on tap, as you already learned, the Jag will walk away at highway speeds.

Of course that's STOCK. My Mustang has 523 hp with a supercharger. It's still only about as fast as a stock Mustang from 0-60 becasue I can't keep the tires from spinning. But on the highway, holy crap that thing is scary.

Can't wait for my SV8...

Tony

Old 06-27-2008, 06:35 PM
Veteran Member

the mustang for 0-60 in low 5s are manuals only...most people will be lucky to do it in 6 with launching it...the autos arent nearly as fast either. Regardless... no matter how fast it is, its a mustang and you dont look or feel nearly as good doing it as a Jag !!

Old 06-27-2008, 07:34 PM

ORIGINAL: bmw745ion19s

the mustang for 0-60 in low 5s are manuals only...most people will be lucky to do it in 6 with launching it...the autos arent nearly as fast either. Regardless... no matter how fast it is, its a mustang and you dont look or feel nearly as good doing it as a Jag !!
Very true regarding the launch. Do it right and you can get the low 5s, do it wrong and it's an entirely different story.

From the reviews I've read, in order to get the best 0-60 times in the Jag, you have to power brake and have it in sport mode or use the paddle shifters. I wonder how much time you lose by just punching the gas from a stop compared to power braking?

I think driving the Mustang vs. the Jag are two completey different experiences. My mustang is pure muscle. It's jouncy, unpredictable handling in the turns, and it's very noisy. However, it gets a tremendous amount of attention...in a completely different manner than the Jag, of course. My Mustang is black with black 20" wheels, lowered, tinted windows, supercharged, loud exhaust, great aftermarket stereo, and the 5-speed manual REALLY adds to the driving experience in my opinion (some cars with manuals just don't inspire me.) Anyway, I absolutely LOVE it. Out of all the cars I've owned it's my favorite. And one of the least expensive!!!

Well the Jag is just the opposite in terms of refinement, interior noise, and image...obviously. I wouldn't hesitate to drive it all day long on a trip, whereas I'd be very sore in the Mustang.

I guess I'll just drive whatever car I want on a particular day depending on my mood!! I feel very blessed.

Tony

Old 06-27-2008, 08:52 PM
Veteran Member

yeah they are def opposites, i got a few friends big on american muscle and they can move too. Im not sure bout the XF but i know my car is completely night and day in sport mode vs normal. and blessed is the best way to put it any way it is!