XF and XFR ( X250 ) 2007 - 2015

XF Ute

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2020, 03:53 PM
Received 242 Likes on 146 Posts
Default XF Ute

Anyone ever dream of converting an XF for more utilitarian purposes? I was a sucker for the Holden Utes when they came out in Australia and I always wished Jag had built something with a bed.

This is a digitally rendered image from a video game, so I am not sure if the proportions are up to spec. If they are, I think it would look pretty good.

What say you?

Old 06-05-2020, 06:45 PM
Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

The Holden ute is loved by the "tradies" in Australia. Sadly now it is no longer, replaced by Toyota's, Mitsubishi's, Nissan's, all now packing that space. I reckon if you rocked up with a JAG incarnation you would be laughed off the work site. Nice render though

Old 06-05-2020, 06:49 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

That image looks fantastic!! Go for it!!

Old 06-05-2020, 07:14 PM
Veteran Member
Received 492 Likes on 290 Posts

But then someone will beat you in a drag race with a Jaguar engine in an old Ford Transit...

The following 2 users liked this post by davetibbs:
Joonp (06-05-2020), POD XF (06-08-2020)
Old 06-05-2020, 09:06 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,107 Likes on 695 Posts

Have always liked the idea of a ute. Would make perfect sense for me. I can count on my fingers the number of times I've carried a back seat passenger in the last ten years, but I keep a pickup truck for chores (and darned if it isn't a crew cab too) and tend to carry something either large or dirty in the bed about twice a month. In some sense I would prefer a sports car (in fact I have a couple of those too for fun on the weekends) but after a spinal surgery I chose a luxury sedan for a daily driver to get a little bit better ride quality, which is at least partially attributable to the fact that a sedan has a longer wheelbase than a sports car and a lower ride height than a truck. A ute would be perfect for me, especially a Jaguar, like half sport wagon and half pickup.

I recently heard about Left Hand Utes and it sounds intriguing except that it seems like you're paying new car price for a 15 year old rebuilt salvage vehicle without a warranty which maybe not all that practical for a daily driver regardless of utility and comfort. It'd be a fun toy, but for toys I'd rather buy another factory made classic car off my mile-long wish list (which includes a Falcon Ranchero). If they'd sold NEW utes in the USA in recent times, I'd almost certainly have one instead of the XF.

Old 06-08-2020, 12:05 AM
Received 181 Likes on 83 Posts

Originally Posted by Nansan21
The Holden ute is loved by the "tradies" in Australia. Sadly now it is no longer, replaced by Toyota's, Mitsubishi's, Nissan's, all now packing that space. I reckon if you rocked up with a JAG incarnation you would be laughed off the work site. Nice render though
They'd be laughing out the other side of their face when they picked a race on the way home. I scoffed when I saw the thread header, but the image looks surprisingly good.
I was stuck in a 40km/hr roadwork zone a few months ago and the driver of a hotrod Holden ute ahead of me was revving and carrying on, floored it at the end of the roadwork zone so I took chase briefly just for amusement- I had to brake to avoid running into the back of him as he gave it everything he had. I think he was startled to see me approaching in his mirror. The general run of 'performance' cars in this country are like farm tractors compared to the XF.