XF and XFR ( X250 ) 2007 - 2015

XF X250 CJB interior fuse box

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2021, 07:06 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up XF X250 CJB interior fuse box

Hi All,

I have an XF 2010 3.0 Diesel, X250 and I am in the UK.

I recently had a whole bunch of errors appear on the dash board, ranging from washer bottle empty, DSC failure handbrake failure etc. I did do quite a lot of reading on the various forums about this and concluded that the best thing to do was to take the car to a Jaguar Dealer who could identify the issue which was clearly electrical as the car drove fine. They told me the the CJB or internal fuse box was "rotten" and there was signs of water ingress. Further reading of the forums, talks a lot about the windscreen washer pump issue and the water tracking back to the CJB.

Today I removed the fuse box, cleaned all the fuses, cleaned the corrosion on the terminal blocks and on the CJB itself, sprayed everything in proper contact cleaner and reassembled the CJB. Following that everything has really gone to the dogs, as I now have boot not closed, bonnet not closed and drivers door not closed, I also cant start the car, which I could prior to taking the CJB out..

I have a couple of questions that I hope you can help me out with, principally because, although I love this car and it was supposed to be my retirement treat, I cant afford what I'm reading, the costs to replace the CJB.

Firstly, Is there any alternative to replacing the CJB than to use a new part from a dealer and if so could you explain what that is. I have seen salvage CJBs on ebay but I understand they need programming to the car.

Secondly, If the answer to the first question is "have to use a dealer" then for me the car is dead and as such can you recommend what I do with it other than call a scrap yard, as clearly it has a lot of value mechanically that perhaps I don't know how to realise?

So much appreciated,

Thankyou,

Gavin.

Old 07-16-2024, 09:06 AM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Same thing

Hi Gavin
no replies to this ? I’m having the same issue . But there are companies on eBay who will wipe a second hand cjb , and close your existing .
I’ve got some details and I’m going to ring them as , like you , I was going to just take it all out , clean it , and put it back but if the water is in the circuitry then it’s buggered . Give a new one is £000s then the only alternative is second hand .
what happened with yours in the end ?