XF and XFR ( X250 ) 2007 - 2015

XFR at The Collection - Coral Gables, FL

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2011, 11:23 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey Kevin,
Can't speak about your car itself but I can tell you a little about the dealership as I just bought an 09 certified XF Super with only 2K miles from the Collection about a month ago. I was somewhat concerned about buying a car out of state pretty much sight unseen but they made the process extremely smooth. Great experience all around. Because it's an ultra-high end dealer (Ferrari, Maserati, Porsche) I figured I'd be looked down on like a 2nd class citizen since I was buying pre-owned but when I got there I felt I was treated like the guys dropping $200K+. Told the salesman beforehand that since I was flying in to do the deal that I didn't want any hassle and didn't want to spend all day there. Other than the time it took to test drive and tour the new car facility, I was in and out in under an hour. (Be sure they give you the tour - it's MINDBLOWING! There must have been a billion dollars worth of cars there! Ferraris as far as you can see!)

Like you, I was also skeptical about the condition of the car and even considered paying one of those 3rd party services to go and check it out before I flew in. However since they ultimately don't do much more than verify the car actully exists and has all 4 tires (they don't check anything mechanical), I passed. Also realized that even during a normal 10 min. test drive I wouldn't pick up on any mechanical issues so I decided to just go on faith. Figured if I didn't like what I saw I could always walk on the deal and worst case I'd be out the cost of plane ticket. Besides there's still the factory and extra cpo limited warranties.

Don't want to sway your decision; just giving my experience. Hope this helps.

- AD

Old 01-26-2011, 11:25 PM

Oh, forgot to add...the car was flawless when I got there!

Old 02-03-2011, 07:34 PM

I live about an hour away from that place, it's a real nice dealership, high class !!!

I can go check it out for you if you pay for my time...

Old 02-05-2011, 11:20 PM
Veteran Member
Received 86 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by ICONZ Wheels
I live about an hour away from that place, it's a real nice dealership, high class !!!

I can go check it out for you if you pay for my time...
lolz! Hey maybe we can split the cost half an half If I tag along with you!