XF and XFR ( X250 ) 2007 - 2015

XFR Door Mood Light

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2017, 10:10 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question XFR Door Mood Light

Hi everyone,

New XFR owner here (previously had the diesel 3.0 S)

One minor gripe has been the interior lights. I had the phantom map light issue which I managed to fix myself after reading the forums!

I have one more thing to fix before the interior is perfect! The LED Strip light in the door card, the one above the window switches on the drivers side. It appears to be extremely dim when compared with the one on the passenger side.

How hard is it to service this part? How do you get to the LEDs so I can remove/replace/repair what is there? And are replacements expensive if needed?

Any help is appreciated! Thanks!

Old 08-21-2017, 10:14 AM
Received 126 Likes on 116 Posts

You need to removed the door card. It could be one of two things. A bad LED strip or a defective door controller. Both are inside the door, behind the door card.

There is a good tutorial thread here on how to remove the door card. Just search this forum for door card removal.

Old 08-29-2017, 08:30 AM
Received 58 Likes on 31 Posts

I did a video on removing the driver's door card. And when I removed mine, I ripped the clear plastic hosing that transmits the led light into the strip - I simply glued it back and it works great.
It sounds to me like its not the LED light thats faulty, but rather the led has moved from its place where it transmits the light as effectively as possible.
I'd recommend to remove the door panel (be careful when you pry it away from the door (that's when I pulled the wire that was attached to the LED and broke the clear housing) - once off, check the led itself and where its sitting - perhaps its dangling loose. If you've had a window repair before, chances are they pulled it out of it's socket.