XF and XFR ( X250 ) 2007 - 2015

XFR on E85?

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2022, 06:43 PM
Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Reaxions
Do it!!! Ha-ha!!!
https://www.magnumtuning.com/en/deta...ler/jaguar/xfr
I found this. I have no idea about it but after some digging around, this was all I could find for E85 in the XF. If you check it out, I’d like to hear some feedback. To me it seems a little cheap to be of super high quality but hey, if it works and it’s cheap then I’m up for it.

Old 07-15-2022, 09:50 PM
Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by boostedxf
https://www.magnumtuning.com/en/deta...ler/jaguar/xfr
I found this. I have no idea about it but after some digging around, this was all I could find for E85 in the XF. If you check it out, I’d like to hear some feedback. To me it seems a little cheap to be of super high quality but hey, if it works and it’s cheap then I’m up for it.
This is a cheap chip all it does is trick ur mass air flow sensor to read more air making the computer spray more fuel lol that's all it does. That's why it come with a combination of different mass air flow sensors and air temperature sensors. Nobody knows but this cars can and will make around 700wheel hp 800cranck hp on stock supercharger and 91 octain stock injectors and fuel pumps with the right tunes and mods.

The following users liked this post:
boostedxf (07-16-2022)
Old 07-16-2022, 06:38 AM
Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Ricky5.0s/c
This is a cheap chip all it does is trick ur mass air flow sensor to read more air making the computer spray more fuel lol that's all it does. That's why it come with a combination of different mass air flow sensors and air temperature sensors. Nobody knows but this cars can and will make around 700wheel hp 800cranck hp on stock supercharger and 91 octain stock injectors and fuel pumps with the right tunes and mods.
Hey Thanks for the reply. I was hoping I could ask you about the extra small pulley you added to the SC. Was that the v6’s 58mm pulley? If so have you had any driveability issues? I was told that it would spin the SC beyond its max but wanted to try it anyways. Then I saw your video and was hoping I could ask you.
mad for the 700whp, Im definitely up for that! I have tons of work done to the car in hopes of achieving somewhere around there. Injectors, fuel pumps, SC rebuilt, valves cleaned up, intake, both pulleys, transmission build for the 1000wtq kit, killerchiller and isolating the Charge Air cooling system. I’m honestly running out of stuff to do. After posting that web link, I found Jaguar/LR OEM flex fuel sensors for fairly reasonable price. I’d much rather go with a true Flex Fuel set up than some $300 E85 tune tool. But if I could reliably see 700 to the wheels without it, well I’m all ears. I honestly just want to make the most of what I have at the moment. I sorta wish there was. More mods available to do to these. Like a gnarly cam or a stroker kit. I’ve seen some .050 over pistons and rings but that’s about all. I think a stage 2 build would be cool and all but for the amount of money vs return in power, I just don’t see that alone being much. Ported heads, ported manifold, SC, a fat intake and a tune with a K/C kit would probably be a huge bump but I’ve yet to see any over sized valves or I would have hopped on that band wagon.

Last edited by boostedxf; 07-16-2022 at 09:58 AM.
Old 07-16-2022, 10:34 AM
Received 180 Likes on 122 Posts

There are a lot of low mileage and/or rebuilt SC engines for sale out there (some have the SC still installed, some don't), and I was actually surprised at the low-ish prices. I've honestly been considering purchasing one, having it sent to a custom speed shop for all of the internal beefing and additional performance mods, then just doing a full engine swap, which would allow me to take my time to build out my original engine, once removed. It sounds a hell of a lot easier than doing all of this work while the engine is still tucked into the bay. I just started having a big pool built in my backyard this week, though, so I'm not sure that I should really be spending that kind of money on a new engine, right now. Plus, I'm getting to the point where I might just want to get it put back together and enjoy the novelty of an 11-year-old 4-door Jag with my new dual pulley, ported SC and TB, upgraded cooling and suspension, etc., and then just buy a used McLaren or something. I'll always keep my XFR, but, to your original point about running out of things to do, I'm starting to feel like I'm beating my head against the wall and forcing a square peg into a round hole by trying to get much more out of it. And, even if I could, I probably wouldn't trust the reliability of it all to drive it as much as I'd want to. I guess I'm suffering from some analysis paralysis, as usual.

Old 07-16-2022, 10:38 AM
Received 180 Likes on 122 Posts

There are a lot of low mileage and/or rebuilt SC engines for sale out there (some have the SC still installed, some don't), and I was actually surprised at the low-ish prices. I've honestly been considering purchasing one, having it sent to a custom speed shop for all of the internal beefing and additional performance mods, then just doing a full engine swap, which would allow me to take my time to build out my original engine, once removed. It sounds a hell of a lot easier than doing all of this work while the engine is still tucked into the bay. I just started having a big pool built in my backyard this week, though, so I'm not sure that I should really be spending that kind of money on a new engine, right now. Plus, I'm getting to the point where I might just want to get it put back together and enjoy the novelty of an 11-year-old 4-door Jag with my new dual pulley, ported SC and TB, upgraded cooling and suspension, etc., and then just buy a used McLaren or something. I'll always keep my XFR, but, to your original point about running out of things to do, I'm starting to feel like I'm beating my head against the wall and forcing a square peg into a round hole by trying to get much more out of it. And, even if I could, I probably wouldn't trust the reliability of it all to drive it as much as I'd want to. I guess I'm suffering from some analysis paralysis, as usual.