XF and XFR ( X250 ) 2007 - 2015

XFR exhaust upgrades?

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2013, 09:20 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default XFR exhaust upgrades?

Has anyone installed the Mina or other aftermarket exhaust on an XFR? I am looking for a more distinctive note beyond the start-up... something akin to the active exhaust sound of the V8S F-Type.

Looking to hear about what has been tried and how well it works. Thanks!

Frank
2013 XFR with speed pack (white-on-black)

Old 10-18-2013, 08:08 AM
Received 40 Likes on 35 Posts

I would do a search on "mina." Quite a few members have provided feedback on Mina products. Below are two of many links about Mina exhaust.

https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/x...exhaust-95907/

https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/x...-video-100776/

The following users liked this post:
fcastora (10-18-2013)
Old 10-18-2013, 03:21 PM
Received 71 Likes on 58 Posts

Mina is a very good and balanced exhaust at a fair price.

Old 10-19-2013, 01:38 AM

Originally Posted by XFactoR
Mina is a very good and balanced exhaust at a fair price.
I am selling a slightly used Mina exhaust. The sound difference is day and night and makes the car faster. Email me at myredxfr@gmail.com if interested.

Old 10-20-2013, 04:14 PM
Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

I have a thread here on my Varex install. I can't recommend them enough.. AWESOME. And you can pick the volume and performance depending on your mood.

Old 10-21-2013, 06:51 AM

The Mina exhaust I'm selling sounds stock while cruising and sounds better than an AMG when you hit the throttle.

MYREDXFR@GMAIL.COM

Originally Posted by fcastora
Has anyone installed the Mina or other aftermarket exhaust on an XFR? I am looking for a more distinctive note beyond the start-up... something akin to the active exhaust sound of the V8S F-Type.

Frank

Old 10-21-2013, 08:18 AM
Received 169 Likes on 120 Posts

Originally Posted by 1Fastcat
The Mina exhaust I'm selling sounds stock while cruising and sounds better than an AMG when you hit the throttle.

MYREDXFR@GMAIL.COM
Sent you a PM regarding the exhaust~

Old 10-28-2013, 10:05 AM

So, I spent some time on the phone with with Chris at Mina Gallary... great guy. He express shipped the new pipes to me and I put them on this weekend. Once you get the rear-end jacked-up, it is litterally one bolt for each side and they old ones pull out of the rubber bushings... the new ones go on just as easily... one bolt. The new exhaust is significantly smaller and lighter and just beautifu on the car. They are noticeably larger diameter and sound great. Here are some photos and I'll post the before and after videos so you can hear the difference in another post. All-in it took me about 1hr and I had a friend help me.

Attached Thumbnails XFR exhaust upgrades?-under-car.jpg   XFR exhaust upgrades?-original-muffler.jpg   XFR exhaust upgrades?-mounting-bushing-1.jpg   XFR exhaust upgrades?-mounting-bushing-2.jpg   XFR exhaust upgrades?-side-side.jpg  

Old 10-28-2013, 11:59 AM

So here is the before and after videos... getting these files to a size that are uploadable does diminish the sound difference, but it is truly night and day. You get a deeper, more F-Type sound that isn't harsh.
The interior sound is also very nice and you now know what you have under the hood. Acceleration is a whole new pleasure with this new sound-track. You can even hear the note changes on downshifts as you come to a stop. What had been missing from the XFR is now found! An increadible value from Mina Gallery.

I was concerned that my wife would be annoyed by the new sound, but she just smiled at my smile as I took her for the first ride.

To also give you an idea about the sound... I drove to Jaguar of Plano, TX and was immediately swarmed by folks asking "where did you get that sound?"... even the sales manager came out claiming he had heard me inside. My salesman asked for a quick ride and was totally impressed.

Attached Files
File Type: wmv
before.wmv (434.9 KB, 917 views)
File Type: wmv
after-Mina.wmv (316.3 KB, 1046 views)

Last edited by fcastora; 10-28-2013 at 12:08 PM.
wannajag (11-04-2013)
Old 10-28-2013, 01:33 PM
Veteran Member
Received 443 Likes on 323 Posts

Same experience here. I have the mina on a XF SC and it is by far the best exhaust I have ever purchased. I spent a ton of money on expensive full exhausts on various Porsches I owned and nothing can compare to this cat back on the Jaguars V8. Simply and ingenious sound. You can cruise the car without almost any additional noise inside and no drone to just tear it up when you want to. I am now at the point were I can cause the over run burble at will and for as long as I want, just great.

You can then further tweak the sound by removing the two center silencers and replace one of them with an x-pipe. Now you have exactly what the Jaguar Performance exhaust has and sounds like.

as you can see from the schematics posted in this thread:

https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/x...e2/#post789216

fcastora (10-28-2013)
Old 10-28-2013, 02:06 PM

Did you put in the x-pipe? That is a bit above my level of ability but curious about it.

Old 10-29-2013, 01:03 PM
Veteran Member
Received 443 Likes on 323 Posts

No, not in the XF. I have a local shop which does nothing but custom mandrel bending exhausts, I would have them do it. But I am currently trying to get the Jaguar part itself from the cats back to the muffler. That would make it easier to switch back come time to sell. I am also currently looking at a used 2011 XKR localy which now sounds very tame compared to my XF. I would definitely do it with that car.

If you feel you can take the center silencer out by yourself I am sure you can get a fitting x pipe from magnaflow or flowmaster etc. and just test it out.

Attached Images  

Last edited by Schwabe; 10-29-2013 at 01:08 PM.
Old 11-08-2019, 06:17 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mina exhaust

So, I spent some time on the phone with with Chris at Mina Gallary... great guy. He express shipped the new pipes to me and I put them on this weekend. Once you get the rear-end jacked-up, it is litterally one bolt for each side and they old ones pull out of the rubber bushings... the new ones go on just as easily... one bolt. The new exhaust is significantly smaller and lighter and just beautifu on the car. They are noticeably larger diameter and sound great. Here are some photos and I'll post the before and after videos so you can hear the difference in another post. All-in it took me about 1hr and I had a friend help me.
I have been looking at these exhaust system also. I had never heard of them before and I was a bit weary at first but after reading your experience they have my attention.
I would like to ask you what performance/power difference have you seen since you installed them and what is the sound like? Maybe upload a sound video!
Thank you in advance.

Old 11-09-2019, 09:06 AM
Veteran Member
Received 2,366 Likes on 1,864 Posts

Well it's been 6 years since he has posted so I think he is long gone?
Probably not going to post any video's.

Old 11-15-2019, 07:57 PM
Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts

I had all the resonators removed and installed x pipe with the mina axle back it sounds nice rumble but not real loud, I like the sound it makes when the trans downshifts. I also have the mina intake and the eurotoys crank pulley and tune. (2010 XFR) dont really care for the intake

Old 08-31-2022, 08:27 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Vibrant muffler for xfr the best sound. Period!

Frank
if you want the best sound you have to go with the vibrant Mufflers on each side do an x-pipe get the vibrant mufflers and it's going to sound amazing and it's so cheap they're like $150 per side and totally worth it they sound like the expensive exhaust and they are just amazing sounds just like the svr and all those other amazing cars you're going to be really happy

Old 09-02-2022, 06:53 PM
Received 66 Likes on 64 Posts

And whcih ones did you fit?

Old 09-02-2022, 07:29 PM
Received 179 Likes on 122 Posts

Thread back from the dead!!!

Old 09-05-2022, 08:33 AM
Received 66 Likes on 64 Posts

Yes, true. Your point? poster says he found a good combo, it woud be good to knwo what it is. Or perhaps you haev some idean?

Old 09-05-2022, 03:58 PM
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Have a used mina gallery exhaust for sale if anyone is interested. 500usd shipped in the US.

Quick Reply: XFR exhaust upgrades?