XF and XFR ( X250 ) 2007 - 2015

XFR: Restricted Performance (P0087)

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2016, 12:24 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile XFR: Restricted Performance (P0087)

Dear Everyone,

Living in Seoul, Korea, I am happy to be a new member here.

I have a restricted performance problem, which is a low fuel pressure message come up from the deivice. My modifications are as follows; 1. Viezu ECU 2. Paramount SC pulley 3. K&N filter 4. Arden sports exhaust system (rear end)

Over 4 to 5K rpm, a restricted performance warning light was on. So I changed my ecu program to a original data but the problem is still the same. So its not a modified ecu problem I think. I changed a fuel filter and pump in the tank and now I am considering using injector and valve cleaner. I don't have any idea of that Are there any ideas so I can fix that problem? Fuel regurator or fuel sensor problems? Your valuable advice will be highly appreciated.

Best regards,
Victor LEE
fb: www.facebook.com/shlee69

2010 XFR
Viezu ECU
Paramount SC pulley
K&N filter
Mina Gallery front lips
Arden Sports Exhaust
Arden rear diffuser
Arden lowering springs
Arden logo
Work emotion cr2p wheels (265-35-20, 295-30-20)

Old 04-08-2016, 12:50 AM

Oh one more thing. During last winter, in a morning, the engine wasn't turned on nice and clean couple times then there were no problems for driving.

2010 XFR
Viezu ECU
Paramount SC pulley
K&N filter
Mina Gallery front lips
Arden Sports Exhaust
Arden rear diffuser
Arden lowering springs
Arden logo
Work emotion cr2p wheels (265-35-20, 295-30-20)

Old 04-08-2016, 01:22 AM
Veteran Member
Received 364 Likes on 274 Posts

Sounds like a fuel pump or fuel pressure regulation issues. My first test would be to see exactly what fuel pressure I'm getting and if it's really low. The app Torque can show you fuel pressure but it's reading is only as good as the sensor that feeds it? You need to refer to the shop manual for fuel system trouble shooting. If you go to the thread labled "power steering fluid change" in this section, I posted a link to download the 09 to 11 XF shop manual I'm at work so I can't cut and paste it here. I probably would just take it to Jaguar service. Good Luck.

The following users liked this post:
Cello5887 (06-18-2019)
Old 04-08-2016, 01:27 AM

Thanks Bigg Will. I already changed a fuel pump at the rear and considering looking at fuel pressure regulator. I will check the shop manual for fuel system trouble shooting. Still I am not quite sure what problem my car has.

Old 06-18-2019, 05:08 PM

how would i get an xj service maual link? 2012. . .

Old 06-18-2019, 05:12 PM
Default figuring out the same problem

Originally Posted by VictorLEE
Thanks Bigg Will. I already changed a fuel pump at the rear and considering looking at fuel pressure regulator. I will check the shop manual for fuel system trouble shooting. Still I am not quite sure what problem my car has.
what i know is the p0087 code refers to the high pressure fuel rail there are two sensors one at the tank outlet and another near the head. the code refers to the one near the head "high pressure". step one ive found so far is replace the sensor to ensure proper reading after that a bad injector or the high pressure pump is defective. usually if it doesnt start but eventually starts after ignoring the sensor info id assume the pressure is good because the car ignores the signal once it sets the code. hence the restricted performance message.