XF and XFR ( X250 ) 2007 - 2015

XFR-S - No Longer a Pipe Dream

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2012, 07:12 PM
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

I think we can all agree that the rear spoiler is fugly, so I won't add anything to that discussion. But you know how when you were young and got a new toy, and then a couple months later the next door neighbor kid gets the same toy but it's newer and shinier and just a little bit better and it makes you miserable? That's how I feel about my XFR now. I want to go in my garage and kick it. I've only had my XFR for about 7 months and for those 7 months no matter who you were, you couldn't make me believe that I wasn't king of the road. I would laugh at the AMG's and M's all over town. But now, my heart hurts cuz I feel like I have to have the XFR-S or I might as well be driving a Camry (no offense to Camry owners, they are solid family sedans). Am I greedy....yup, do I make no sense.....yup. Am I a little bit selfish.....yup. But a man has needs, and if the hp line for a super sports sedan has moved from 500 to 550 horsepower than so be it. Time to redo my budget to figure out how to get this bad boy in my garage (just not in that gaudy blue). Anybody interested in a pampered black XFR? Wish me luck in getting my upgrade!!

-----never satisfied

Old 11-30-2012, 07:57 PM
Veteran Member
Received 20,924 Likes on 8,412 Posts

Now, when are the XJ's going to get their hp bump???

Old 11-30-2012, 08:16 PM
Received 101 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by SugarChev
I think we can all agree that the rear spoiler is fugly, so I won't add anything to that discussion. But you know how when you were young and got a new toy, and then a couple months later the next door neighbor kid gets the same toy but it's newer and shinier and just a little bit better and it makes you miserable? That's how I feel about my XFR now. I want to go in my garage and kick it. I've only had my XFR for about 7 months and for those 7 months no matter who you were, you couldn't make me believe that I wasn't king of the road. I would laugh at the AMG's and M's all over town. But now, my heart hurts cuz I feel like I have to have the XFR-S or I might as well be driving a Camry (no offense to Camry owners, they are solid family sedans). Am I greedy....yup, do I make no sense.....yup. Am I a little bit selfish.....yup. But a man has needs, and if the hp line for a super sports sedan has moved from 500 to 550 horsepower than so be it. Time to redo my budget to figure out how to get this bad boy in my garage (just not in that gaudy blue). Anybody interested in a pampered black XFR? Wish me luck in getting my upgrade!!

-----never satisfied
I am forum hopping here, but why don't you just get a tune?

Old 11-30-2012, 09:26 PM
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Smile

Tuning makes perfect sense and it's the smart, economical thing to do. But like most men, when it comes to our cars, rational thinking gets thrown out the window! I want a XFR-S. Period! Ha!

Old 12-01-2012, 12:20 AM
Received 4,454 Likes on 2,426 Posts

The wing makes this car.

I'm one of the old geezer "a Jag must have four headlights" crowd, but the XFR-S with the wing has made it to the top of my wish list.

Probably the Aussie Bogan in me, but in my eyes it's perfect.

Old 12-03-2012, 08:59 AM
Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts
Default Selling up!

Sorry - meant to start a new thread! Post deleted...

Old 01-16-2013, 10:04 AM
Received 179 Likes on 122 Posts

Originally Posted by SugarChev
Tuning makes perfect sense and it's the smart, economical thing to do. But like most men, when it comes to our cars, rational thinking gets thrown out the window! I want a XFR-S. Period! Ha!
I agree with everything you've said about the somewhat irrational wanting of the XFRS, SugarChev, because I feel the same way (I just don't want it in blue). I've done almost everything that can be done to my '11 XFR with only 14K miles (including ALL of the performance, appearance, and technology mods - sorry for not being a great poster of stuff, I really need to share more), so it hurts to know that the XFRS will be "better." That's actually the exact reason I traded in my '09 XF Supercharged for my current car. And, as much as I loved my XFS, I do love my XFR more.

But, it helps me sleep to know that there will only be 100 of the XFRS's brought into the U.S., they won't be available until Summer, they'll cost over $100K, and all the service won't be included, like it is on mine. Even so, I'd still been a tad depressed about the whole thing, but we just bought my wife a new Range Rover Sport Supercharged last week, so that's taken some of my recent attention.

And, because I still REALLY do love my current rig, I'm even doing some more mods right now (because I get bored very easily); I'm about to flush mount some Philips DRL8's into my lower intake areas (I'll probably cut them into the grilles), and I'm also installing a front camera with a visor-mounted monitor, so I don't scratch up my carbon fiber front splitters on curbs.

I'll try to put together a list of all the mods I've done, including some pictures, soon (my signature pic is from a LONG time ago). It'll give all of the Jag traditionalists something to flame about for months. Haha!

Old 01-16-2013, 11:06 AM
Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

I need to see exactly how fast the car mags can make it go and read some reviews. It is a special car for sure but if I totalled my XFSC today I would probably buy the new M5 as isolated and huge as it is 0-60 in 3.7 seconds sounds like fun.