XF and XFR ( X250 ) 2007 - 2015

XFR Speed Pack (Spoiler)

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2015, 10:19 PM
Received 71 Likes on 64 Posts

Originally Posted by philhef
Well, I'm trying this week and then I'm ordering this. My body shop guy has one in his garage painted and we sat it on the back and it actually looks pretty good! We plan on cutting down the feet so it sits almost flush on the sides and also may paint the sides my lunar gray. (And mount them differently so we can fill the mount holes. Not have the bolts showing.)
I really want the Mina spoiler but it's been months since it was supposed to be ready. Attachment 113942
Hey philhef,
That seems like a nice little project, I would love to see finished pic's if you do go that way.
FYI: I finally got a hold of Chris from Mina this evening and he said the spoiler is complete and should be ready for shipping next week. He said Mina has been going through several transition and the company is growing. He had to send his fab team out for training to operate new equipment that he will be using to make parts for the XE, XJ, and F type.
So there you have it if you choose to go with Mina spoiler..

The following users liked this post:
Gpalace (06-17-2015)
Old 06-17-2015, 10:34 AM
Received 62 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by Redjaguar100
Hey philhef,
That seems like a nice little project, I would love to see finished pic's if you do go that way.
FYI: I finally got a hold of Chris from Mina this evening and he said the spoiler is complete and should be ready for shipping next week. He said Mina has been going through several transition and the company is growing. He had to send his fab team out for training to operate new equipment that he will be using to make parts for the XE, XJ, and F type.
So there you have it if you choose to go with Mina spoiler..
Thanks RJ100!! Good news !!! looks like were back in business!...I'll wait to see the finished project.

Old 06-18-2015, 05:58 AM
Veteran Member
Received 517 Likes on 333 Posts

Well, after a long discussion with Chris yesterday. I'm hoping to get one by mid next week. He's actually got the parts there but they are still working on final assembly. He says it should really be pre painted before final assembly but I'm in a time crunch for a concourse so he's going to try to fully assemble one and my body shop guy will paint. I have to have trunk lid painted anyway.
It sounds like a tricky piece to put together and due to safety issues, I can see why!
And he explained that once it's assembled, it's difficult to paint the inside of the sides. If we have any issue, I may just paint black and leave the carbon since my lunar gray has all black trim.

Gpalace (06-18-2015)
Old 06-18-2015, 06:52 PM
Received 99 Likes on 77 Posts

Well, after a long discussion with Chris yesterday. I'm hoping to get one by mid next week. He's actually got the parts there but they are still working on final assembly. He says it should really be pre painted before final assembly but I'm in a time crunch for a concourse so he's going to try to fully assemble one and my body shop guy will paint. I have to have trunk lid painted anyway. It sounds like a tricky piece to put together and due to safety issues, I can see why! And he explained that once it's assembled, it's difficult to paint the inside of the sides. If we have any issue, I may just paint black and leave the carbon since my lunar gray has all black trim.
That's great news! What is the cost gonna be?

Old 06-19-2015, 05:28 PM

I asked Chris if he could assemble and paint mine prior to shipping so all I would need to do is mount and ride. Chris said that would be the preferred way, so that's the way I'm going. I know Pilhef is on a time table but if would lessen the pain in the butt factor, then that's what I'll go for.

Old 06-19-2015, 05:40 PM
Received 99 Likes on 77 Posts

What's the cost?

Old 06-20-2015, 07:21 PM
Received 64 Likes on 51 Posts

I too am ready to pull the trigger on this deal as soon as they are ready for delivery. I want mine prepainted and ready to install as soon as I get it.

Old 08-06-2015, 02:29 PM

Hey Guys...Anything from Chris on the Spoiler ? Has anyone purchased and installed yet?

Old 08-07-2015, 05:54 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by Gpalace
Hey Guys...Anything from Chris on the Spoiler ? Has anyone purchased and installed yet?
Nah, I gave up. I begged and begged for two months to have it for a concours event and he kept promising but every time I called, he said they ran into problems. Let promising though.
Finally, week of show he finally said it wouldn't be ready so I gave up. Not going to bother any more and if he finally gets it, I may buy but kind of over it now.

Gpalace (08-07-2015)
Old 08-07-2015, 09:36 AM

Nah, I gave up. I begged and begged for two months to have it for a concours event and he kept promising but every time I called, he said they ran into problems. Let promising though.
Finally, week of show he finally said it wouldn't be ready so I gave up. Not going to bother any more and if he finally gets it, I may buy but kind of over it now.
Thanks ...I figured as much...seems Chris was always struggling with this project...I'll Wait...maybe it will happen someday and the cost and production will be worth the wait.

Mr Sharky (08-08-2015)
Old 11-12-2015, 12:47 PM
Received 180 Likes on 122 Posts
Default $370.80 OEM Speed Pack Spoiler

I'd wanted a Speed Pack spoiler for years (I think I was trying to buy one from Chris at Mina as far back as March of '13, as evidenced by the start of this thread, but it never worked out for various reasons - for which most of you are probably familiar), but seeing a few guys on here who'd pulled the trigger finally inspired me (thanks, fellas). So, based on some trepidation around again trying to get one from Mina, I looked online for another option, and found an OEM Speed Pack Spoiler for $370.80 at Online OEM Parts Catalog, which is actually a Jag dealer in San Juan, TX. Stop reading here, if you just want to buy an OEM Speed Pack spoiler at a cheap price, and don't want to hear the pseudo-rant that ensues.

Don't say I didn't warn you... So, I ultimately decided that paying only a little more than the Mina version for an OEM version was worth it, and I called the Texas dealership to make sure they could get it to me. Upon speaking with the lady in Parts, she informed me that the price was accurate, but they'd have to order it from the Jag parts warehouse in Atlanta, and then ship it to me. I said, "Wow! How convenient; I live in Atlanta, and I can just pick it up directly, to save at least $37+ and 6+ days shipping time," at which point she told me that wasn't an option. She informed me that regardless of where I lived, she would still be required to ship the part from the Jag parts warehouse in Atlanta to their dealership in Texas, at which point they'd simply throw a different shipping label on it, and then send it right back to me in Atlanta. The price for such non-sense? I'd have the privilege of paying either $37.08 for Ground Shipping, which would take 3-10 days (she suspected it was probably going to be around 6-7 days), or $74.16 for Two Day Shipping, which would take 2-5 days (huh?). I asked who was responsible for this equally baffling and ridiculous policy, and she informed me that it was JLR (Jaguar Land Rover). So, I called JLR, where, to make a long story longer, they reiterated that this was indeed their policy, but couldn't tell me why, who was responsible for it, or with whom to speak to change it (or at least override on a one-time basis). The also very polite (and empathetic) JLR customer service rep eventually just merely noted my dissatisfaction, and that was that. Still enormously frustrated on general principle, I then called one of the parts managers at a local dealer, who felt my pain, and agreed that it was a stupid policy (he said all of the dealers continually petition JLR for the option to drop ship parts directly to customers, to perpetual no avail). And, while he couldn't price match the $407.88 (total price with shipping), he was able to get within around $20 of it (including tax), because he probably felt sorry for me, so I'm now all-in at like $428ish, and can pick it up from my local dealer first thing on Saturday morning.

I'm going to take it to a local body shop I've used to satisfaction in the past, to let them paint and install it. If possible, I'll try to document the process and post in on this thread.

Redjaguar100 (11-13-2015)
Old 11-13-2015, 07:22 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by Reaxions
I'd wanted a Speed Pack spoiler for years (I think I was trying to buy one from Chris at Mina as far back as March of '13, as evidenced by the start of this thread, but it never worked out for various reasons - for which most of you are probably familiar), but seeing a few guys on here who'd pulled the trigger finally inspired me (thanks, fellas). So, based on some trepidation around again trying to get one from Mina, I looked online for another option, and found an OEM Speed Pack Spoiler for $370.80 at Online OEM Parts Catalog, which is actually a Jag dealer in San Juan, TX. Stop reading here, if you just want to buy an OEM Speed Pack spoiler at a cheap price, and don't want to hear the pseudo-rant that ensues.

Don't say I didn't warn you... So, I ultimately decided that paying only a little more than the Mina version for an OEM version was worth it, and I called the Texas dealership to make sure they could get it to me. Upon speaking with the lady in Parts, she informed me that the price was accurate, but they'd have to order it from the Jag parts warehouse in Atlanta, and then ship it to me. I said, "Wow! How convenient; I live in Atlanta, and I can just pick it up directly, to save at least $37+ and 6+ days shipping time," at which point she told me that wasn't an option. She informed me that regardless of where I lived, she would still be required to ship the part from the Jag parts warehouse in Atlanta to their dealership in Texas, at which point they'd simply throw a different shipping label on it, and then send it right back to me in Atlanta. The price for such non-sense? I'd have the privilege of paying either $37.08 for Ground Shipping, which would take 3-10 days (she suspected it was probably going to be around 6-7 days), or $74.16 for Two Day Shipping, which would take 2-5 days (huh?). I asked who was responsible for this equally baffling and ridiculous policy, and she informed me that it was JLR (Jaguar Land Rover). So, I called JLR, where, to make a long story longer, they reiterated that this was indeed their policy, but couldn't tell me why, who was responsible for it, or with whom to speak to change it (or at least override on a one-time basis). The also very polite (and empathetic) JLR customer service rep eventually just merely noted my dissatisfaction, and that was that. Still enormously frustrated on general principle, I then called one of the parts managers at a local dealer, who felt my pain, and agreed that it was a stupid policy (he said all of the dealers continually petition JLR for the option to drop ship parts directly to customers, to perpetual no avail). And, while he couldn't price match the $407.88 (total price with shipping), he was able to get within around $20 of it (including tax), because he probably felt sorry for me, so I'm now all-in at like $428ish, and can pick it up from my local dealer first thing on Saturday morning.

I'm going to take it to a local body shop I've used to satisfaction in the past, to let them paint and install it. If possible, I'll try to document the process and post in on this thread.
Is this the big wing or smaller low profile style?

Old 11-13-2015, 06:36 PM

Is this the big wing or smaller low profile style?
The Speed Pack is the middle spoiler. Its one step above the lip spoiler but much smaller than the XFR-S style spoiler.

Attached Thumbnails XFR Speed Pack (Spoiler)-mina-speed-pack-spoiler.jpg  
Attached Images  
Old 11-13-2015, 06:44 PM

I have been on the phone multiple time trying to get the large XFR-S spoiler made and in the end I got the same answer, that the one Mina came up with wasn't durable enough and also may cause some legal problems for him. I am giving Chris one more chance to produce another spoiler for me which is close to the speed pack spoiler but with carbon fiber to match the rest of the carbon fiber accents that I have. I gave Chris a time frame and if he can't make it, I will also look else where. Will see!!!!!

Old 11-14-2015, 12:41 PM

The Speed Pack is the middle spoiler. Its one step above the lip spoiler but much smaller than the XFR-S style spoiler.
Correct. I picked it up this morning, and it's in a box inside my trunk right now (watching college football all day). It came with the LED light in a separate baggie inside the box. I'll take a pic of the whole kit our of the box before painting and installation, and try to post tomorrow.

Old 11-15-2015, 06:09 AM
Veteran Member

I have been on the phone multiple time trying to get the large XFR-S spoiler made and in the end I got the same answer, that the one Mina came up with wasn't durable enough and also may cause some legal problems for him. I am giving Chris one more chance to produce another spoiler for me which is close to the speed pack spoiler but with carbon fiber to match the rest of the carbon fiber accents that I have. I gave Chris a time frame and if he can't make it, I will also look else where. Will see!!!!!
Was really bummed when he told me it wasn't going to happen. I, seriously considering having him send me the parts and seeing if I can make it happen.
On a late night, alcohol fueled buying spree, I ordered a universal carbon spoiler and actually installed it when it came in. The quality is amazing, perfect carbon fiber, and after getting some opinions from friends, decided why not.
It's much more racer/chavy but honestly, it really looks good if you haven't seen the factory.
It's hard to get a good photo but, with very few newer style Jags where I live, most assume it came with it since I have so many Carbon accents and it matches perfectly.

Honestly, if it had a little more curve, it would fit perfectly but like I said, the quality is its biggest plus and the length is also perfect. Only thing is the curve. It's a little more straight but if it was more curved it would really feel pretty factory.
I know it's not for everyone, but not much of what I do to my XF is! Lol.

Old 11-16-2015, 11:39 AM
Default As promised - pix of the unfinished OEM Sped Pack spoiler kit

Just pulled the box out of my trunk this morning. Here's what was inside.

I'll try to find some time to get it painted and installed this week, and document whatever I can.

Attached Thumbnails XFR Speed Pack (Spoiler)-2015-11-16-12.05.32-2-.jpg   XFR Speed Pack (Spoiler)-2015-11-16-12.10.20-2-.jpg   XFR Speed Pack (Spoiler)-2015-11-16-12.11.54-2-.jpg   XFR Speed Pack (Spoiler)-2015-11-16-12.32.31-3-.jpg   XFR Speed Pack (Spoiler)-2015-11-16-12.32.57-2-.jpg  

Redjaguar100 (11-16-2015)
Old 11-16-2015, 05:57 PM

Honestly, if it had a little more curve, it would fit perfectly but like I said, the quality is its biggest plus and the length is also perfect. Only thing is the curve. It's a little more straight but if it was more curved it would really feel pretty factory.
I know it's not for everyone, but not much of what I do to my XF is! Lol.
It Looks good from the side, I would like to see a rear shot of it..
This goes to show that there are options if you look hard enough.

Old 11-16-2015, 09:37 PM

It Looks good from the side, I would like to see a rear shot of it..
This goes to show that there are options if you look hard enough.
Agree with my friend Redj100. Looks good need more pictures please .

Old 11-17-2015, 04:43 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by Gpalace
Agree with my friend Redj100. Looks good need more pictures please .

Here's a pic from the rear. The side wings actually seem to be at the same angle as the rear flair. I've debated on modifying it so it sits lower, almost letting the side wings touch the body.

Quick Reply: XFR Speed Pack (Spoiler)