Old 11-17-2015, 04:44 AM
Veteran Member
Received 517 Likes on 333 Posts
The following users liked this post:
Gpalace (11-19-2015)
Old 11-17-2015, 04:47 AM
Veteran Member

The carbon quality is amazing. It comes paintable but I don't think I'd like it body color. For the most part, everyone really likes it in person, except for some older Jaguar fans but they really don't like the new Jaguars anyway.

Old 11-17-2015, 07:15 AM
Received 180 Likes on 122 Posts

That's pretty extreme to me, but God bless you for having the ***** to do it, and thanks for posting the pix. Have you seen the MB GLA45 AMG? It has a similar wing from the factory, and it's a crossover (or whatever it is). To me, it would look better if you did drop the wing down a tad, so the fins almost touch the body. But, opinions are like... I wouldn't be able to do the R-S CF spoiler on my rig - to me, that style is almost exclusively function-suited for the track (this coming from the guy with exhaust cutouts). Maybe you should throw some canards on there, as well - really kit it out. Ha-ha! Seriously, though, I would like to see a version of our rear bumper with the brake venting, similar to what's shown on the GLA45 pic. Honda is even doing it to Accords, and I just really like the look. Although, I wouldn't want it unless it was integrated and wholly functional, but I digress....

Attached Thumbnails XFR Speed Pack (Spoiler)-_t5e4264-54c10d1c76068.jpg  
Old 11-17-2015, 02:51 PM
Received 62 Likes on 53 Posts

Looks good....and probably better in person like you mention....I don't like the little screws on the flaps. How about a pic from the rear dead on? I know we have similar tastes....I want that Big Wing, but don't want to pay that OEM price!

Old 11-18-2015, 07:48 PM
Received 71 Likes on 64 Posts

Originally Posted by philhef
The carbon quality is amazing. It comes paintable but I don't think I'd like it body color. For the most part, everyone really likes it in person, except for some older Jaguar fans but they really don't like the new Jaguars anyway.
I like it but i also think it would be better if it sat a little closer to the truck lid. I don't know if that would be possible. I would also like to see the carbon fiber if you can get a shot of that. I know that's hard to photo.

Old 11-18-2015, 07:54 PM

Originally Posted by Reaxions
Just pulled the box out of my trunk this morning. Here's what was inside.

I'll try to find some time to get it painted and installed this week, and document whatever I can.
BTW, Reaxions, Don't forget to show the finish product. This to, maybe another option if Chris doesn't come through again, its getting close to his dead line and I haven't heard back from him yet.

Old 11-19-2015, 05:54 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by Redjaguar100
BTW, Reaxions, Don't forget to show the finish product. This to, maybe another option if Chris doesn't come through again, its getting close to his dead line and I haven't heard back from him yet.
He was pretty clear when I talked to him a month or so ago. The big wing "ain't" happening. Too unstable to be safe soooooo.........

Old 11-19-2015, 11:00 AM

I dropped it off this morning to have the painted spoiler installed at the primarily Porsche body shop. Fortunately, when the original lip spoiler came off, no paint peeled away, which the body shop owner mentioned had sometimes been an issue with other cars. Unfortunately, somehow there was a ding under the original spoiler, which would show under the new speed pack spoiler if I didn't get it fixed. I have a ding guy who charges me like $20/ding, but because of time constraints, I had to use another PDR guy to the tune of $100. Grrr...

Anyway, here's the pic of the painted spoiler at the shop, prior to installation.

Attached Thumbnails XFR Speed Pack (Spoiler)-2015-11-19-10.46.05.jpg  
Old 11-20-2015, 09:45 AM
Default Finished Product

I absolutely love it, especially in black with all of the other black accents I have, and wish I'd done it years ago. My main concern with painting it black was that it would clash with the black carbon fiber accents I've got on the car, but I don't think it does at all. Although, now it makes me hate the anodized aluminum trim around the windows, the chromed plastic (or whatever the hell it's technically called) bar across the trunk, etc., even more than I previously did - which I didn't think was possible. I'll be taking care of that with either black vinyl wrap, paint, or something else, very soon.

Attached Thumbnails XFR Speed Pack (Spoiler)-2015-11-19-17.17.27-small.jpg   XFR Speed Pack (Spoiler)-2015-11-19-16.56.23-small.jpg   XFR Speed Pack (Spoiler)-2015-11-19-16.56.27-small.jpg   XFR Speed Pack (Spoiler)-2015-11-20-09.06.40-small.jpg   XFR Speed Pack (Spoiler)-2015-11-20-09.06.59-small.jpg  

BostonKiller (11-22-2015)
Old 11-20-2015, 06:22 PM

He was pretty clear when I talked to him a month or so ago. The big wing "ain't" happening. Too unstable to be safe soooooo.........
Hey phihef,

I'm sorry if I didn't make myself clear. Its not the big XFR-S style spoiler Chris is doing for me. It more like the speed pack spoiler with an carbon fiber insert across the top to match my carbon fiber accents. He said he could do it using real carbon fiber. I am trying to be patient but time is running out and I will go another route soon.

Last edited by Redjaguar100; 11-20-2015 at 06:26 PM.
Old 11-20-2015, 06:37 PM

Although, now it makes me hate the anodized aluminum trim around the windows, the chromed plastic (or whatever the hell it's technically called) bar across the trunk, etc., even more than I previously did - which I didn't think was possible. I'll be taking care of that with either black vinyl wrap, paint, or something else, very soon.
It Looks good, I like it.. Two thumbs up.

As far as that shiny stuff on the back, I wrapped mine with carbon fiber wrap which came out nice for a novice. You may want to do a gloss black wrap. Its simple and took me about a 1/2 hour. Best part, if you mess up, it peels right off.

Reaxions (11-22-2015)
Old 11-20-2015, 08:15 PM
Received 79 Likes on 56 Posts

I've heard good things about plasti-dip.

Old 11-21-2015, 07:04 AM

Thanks. I've wrapped a few things with success in CF-look vinyl and gloss black vinyl film, and have used PlastiDip with quite a bit success (it's currently protecting the lower section of my front bumper from rock chips). What I like about both, as was previously stated, is they're both completely reversible. Further, PlastiDip is a great protectant, and touch-ups are only a spray can away - they just blend right into the original application, if done correctly. However, I think the vinyl films have a much nicer finish, more befitting our level of autos, especially around more cosmetic areas, where protection isn't as much of a concern. The challenge I have with the films is in achieving the correct level of contour detail in the nooks and crannies (recessed or raised lettering, etc.) and around edges and corners, as a heat gun is typically required for stretching, etc. It really takes a lot of practice to get great with it, and I just don't have the time, unfortunately. Not to mention that the good film isn't exactly cheap, so practice can get expensive. The flip side is that I don't completely trust anyone to apply the film for me, as I'm always afraid they'll hack the finish underneath with their hobby knife when they're trimming the edges. I try to make sure most mods I make are fairly easily reversible, whether by me or a new owner, should I ever want to sell it, and I've seen some cars that looked like Jason vs. Freddy was filmed on it, once the wrap came off. I'll post whatever I do on the forum.

Last edited by Reaxions; 11-21-2015 at 09:01 AM.
Old 11-21-2015, 01:29 PM
Received 31 Likes on 28 Posts

Hey Reaxions

That looks really nice and clean. Looks OEM +

May I ask whats the two black pieces under the plinth? For Radar?

Excellent work, I might want one.

Reaxions (11-22-2015)
Old 11-22-2015, 09:17 AM

Thanks. I think it really adds a lot to the looks of my car. Yes, those are the two rear Laser Interceptor sensors. I have two on the rear and two on the front for my Laser Interceptor Quad kit. I HIGHLY recommend it. That thing has worked flawlessly, and saved my bacon at least 10 times over the years.

Old 12-04-2015, 03:06 PM

Update: The Jag OEM Speed Pack spoiler, which I added purely for looks, really opened my eyes this morning. I couldn't sleep last night, so I got up early and drove to my office IN MEXICO, at 2:00 AM, and had cold (30's), dry weather, and nobody on the roads on my way in, so I played around up to 140+ mph in a few spurts, which really feels like nothing it that rig, and not for any other reason than just to stretch her legs at about the only time the roads are ever clear where I live. But, shockingly, I could tell a HUGE difference above 100mph with the spoiler installed. Having not really thought much about the performance aspect (in retrospect, duh!) until it hit me after my drive this morning, and having not gone very fast since installation a few weeks ago, I hadn't thought to test it for differences at all. But, the car just feels so much more stable at higher speeds, now, that it really felt like it was vacuumed to the road when I did a 120+ mph long sweeper. I honestly didn't know what the hell was going on to make it feel that way; it was just so smooth and undramatic, and I was really just enjoying it with my mouth wide open, and not thinking about too much else besides driving. The last time I had it north of 160 mph, it felt REALLY wallowy, like an old Caddy (obviously an extreme exaggeration, but you get my point), which I naively attributed to excessive body roll, even though it never had any at normal speeds. So, it took me a few minutes to realize what was going on this morning. Clearly, it just needed better aerodynamics for higher speeds, hence the Speed Pack offering by Jag. I've had the Mina CF front splitters and CF rear diffuser on the car for a long time, which I also added purely for looks, and I'm not sure what, if any, effect they have on aerodynamics, but I don't remember ever feeling anything even remotely different after installation. However, what a difference that Speed Pack spoiler made, and what an unexpected bonus!

Last edited by Reaxions; 12-04-2015 at 03:23 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by Reaxions:
Cherry_560sel (04-09-2018), Redjaguar100 (12-07-2015)
Old 04-07-2018, 01:47 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just pulled the box out of my trunk this morning. Here's what was inside.

I'll try to find some time to get it painted and installed this week, and document whatever I can.
hi, any chance you still have the instructions?

Old 04-07-2018, 07:53 AM

I really doubt it, and I'm not sure where I'd even behind looking for them, but I'll give it a shot today. I'll post them if I find them.

Old 04-09-2018, 07:39 PM
Veteran Member
Received 96 Likes on 86 Posts

Wow....lol

Old 04-09-2018, 07:42 PM
Veteran Member
Received 96 Likes on 86 Posts

@Reaxions

Man...I really want the XFR-S wing, but the cost is making me hesitate. Even the non-OEM is almost 2k. Forget about the OEM wing, as it is in the 5k range and I can't justify spending that much on an accessory...plus, they make you provide a serial number that matches an XFR-S or they won't even take the money. Your set-up is really bitchin' though. It definitely looks nicer than the tiny lip spoiler I currently have.The price point of the Speed Pack spoiler is really tempting....can I wait another four months????....lol

Quick Reply: XFR Speed Pack (Spoiler)