XF and XFR ( X250 ) 2007 - 2015

XFR week 3!! More questions.

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2012, 05:38 PM
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Red face XFR week 3!! More questions.

Still enjoying my 2010 XFR. Read the forum every day and it's very informative, so thanks to all you Jag owners!! Here's my latest questions:

1. Not that it matters since I've already bought the car, but was $49k for a 2010 xfr with 19,900 miles a good price or not. Before I bought the car, I had pretty much settled on a 2011 BMW 550 but the extra 110hp in the xfr sold me. I guess I'm just looking for validation on my purchase.

2. One of the things I like about my XFR is that I don't see myself on every street corner (I sometimes see the XF but haven't seen a xfr yet). Nothing against other brands but I can literally stop at a 4 corner intersection and take even money that I'll see a Accord, Altima, or Camry at 2 of the other 3 stop signs. I don't know why anyone would buy those cars other than price. Individuality is pretty important to me but I don't see a lot of good exterior or interior accessories for the XFR. I have already picked up the leather gear selector top, I'll probably go ahead and purchase the red wheel center caps and even though aftermarket wheels/rims seem a little 1990 to me I guess that's my next purchase. Does anyone know if you can purchase those gray Draco wheels that come on the black pack separately and where? I really like the look but I can't seem to find any info on them as far as price online.

3. Still haven't worked up the courage to turn off the traction control yet. partly because I expect to burn up the $500 tires and don't feel like replacing them and partly because I haven't been in a open spot where I could hammer the gas.

4. When gassing up the car, when the tank is full the "click" happens as normal and the fuel cuts off. Normally I give it a few extra squirts to "top it off" but when I did this with the xfr there was no additional warning click and I ended up over-filling the tank and had gasoline pour out all over the side of the car and my shoes. Is this normal? If so, from now on I'll stop after the first "warning click".

5. Last question: I understand you can get a cigarette lighter accessory to replace the 3rd cup holder which would include a lighter. In my past cars, the lighter also served as a "DC in" so I could charge electronic devices. Is this the same with the xfr? I'm not a smoker but it seems silly to have 3 cup holders when only two people can sit up front. I would much rather have the ability to charge my blackberry/android.

As always, thanks in advance for the info. And I can honestly say that after owning a Benz for the past few years, and using their forums, I really like being a part of the Jaguar brotherhood!!!

Old 05-07-2012, 09:40 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I really dont know much about the XF range, but I was looking at an 09 XF S/C w/44k miles for $38.5k. Given the ~$12k price difference new and your car being a year newer it would seem to me that you paid a fair price.

Old 05-08-2012, 07:50 AM
Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts

Glad you are enjoying it!

1. You paid a fair price in my view - not a fabulous deal, but certainly not a bad one either. There are so few of these cars around that it can be difficult to gauge the market. Locally in Houston, they seem to be advertised cheaper than elsewhere. I have seen maybe 2 or 3 others here over the 9 months or so I have owned it.
2. You can't have your cake and eat it! Rare car = not much reason for vendors to make aftermarket products. I like the black pack wheels too, but not enough to change the Nevis ones out. It will be big $$$ to source them from a dealer, I am guessing over $3K. I did find a place selling apparently OEM Nevis alloys when doing some research into whether wheel insurance was worth it, and found them at a reasonable price. Can't recall details though.
3. Don't worry, it still won't bite that hard unless you go mad. Having said that, I shredded my rears within 4k miles... I am doing the Jag Performance Academy this weekend, so I will know more about the limits after that hopefully!
4. I always stop at the click, so wouldn't know. Lesson learned I guess!
5. I am sure my '11 only has two cup holders, and has an assortment of sockets (incl. 12V) in the compartment under the arm rest. Where is this third cup holder?

Old 05-08-2012, 06:28 PM
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Curiosity got the best of me so after work I stopped by my local dealer and the cost of those Draco wheels is approx $5k. I'm not shocked but I am a little disappointed. Was hoping the first number would be a 3 and not a 5. Anyway, at least now I know. My xfr is a 2010 and there is definitely 3 cup holders (which is one too many) in the front. Oh well, maybe I'll just live with it.

Old 05-09-2012, 07:02 AM
Veteran Member
Received 204 Likes on 156 Posts

$5k for rims only? That's a ridiculous markup. Find a aftermarket set that will look better and be significantly cheaper.