XJ ( X351 ) 2009 - 2019

2012 Jaguar XJL Supersport: Test Drive

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2012, 05:04 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 2012 Jaguar XJL Supersport: Test Drive

If you’re looking at the Jaguar XJL Supersport with possible acquisition in mind, chances are pretty good that you have a little string of initials after your name, attesting to your economic status. Initials like CEO, or COO, or (most probably) CFO, for example. One glance at the price tells you this car isn’t exactly everyday transportation. Possession sops up mass quantities of disposable income, and it’s possible—likely, even—that if you have the wherewithal to seriously contemplate ownership, you may also be thinking about retaining a chauffeur.

That may be okay for trips to and from a corporate HQ in a heavy urban setting. The L (long-wheelbase) version of Jag’s revitalized XJ sedan adds about five inches to rear-seat legroom, so with the exception of headroom there’s plenty of space back there, as well as trays that drop down from the backs of the front seats. You can relax, check your email, text, contemplate documents, and plot corporate takeovers.

But trust us, you do not want to deprive yourself of piloting this superb conveyance. Although we should add this warning: The experience is seriously habit-forming.

Read the full review: 2012 Jaguar XJL Supersport: Boardroom elegance on fast forward

Old 03-30-2012, 11:27 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The XJ is a masterpiece, i am coming from a Panamera, have had a lot of trouble with the quality of this car.
Now i am satisfied with my XJ, hope to say it again after 12 month also.

Uwe

Old 03-31-2012, 09:49 AM
Veteran Member
Received 639 Likes on 441 Posts

Good review , thanks for posting

Old 03-31-2012, 11:28 AM
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by XJ-Uwe
The XJ is a masterpiece, i am coming from a Panamera, have had a lot of trouble with the quality of this car.
Now i am satisfied with my XJ, hope to say it again after 12 month also.

Uwe
What problems did you have? I might have gone with it if I did not have the need for transport for five.

Old 04-02-2012, 07:14 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Had a lot of trouble with my Panamera, towed in 2 times, carbon brake front one side broken, window wiper motor broken, terrible tramlining with 20" summer tires, harsh suspension, it was one of the first ones has got 15, yes 15 updates already, the engine has had vibrations at aprox 2000 rpm, thats normal says porsche, i never had this before with other V8 engines (Audi, Corvette , Mustang,Jag, all were fine).
So decided to sell and sold private within 4 weeks.

Uwe

Old 04-02-2012, 12:34 PM
Veteran Member
Received 167 Likes on 120 Posts

And who wrote this gushing review? Tata motors... we can all take it with a grain of salt.

Originally Posted by jaguarnews

If you’re looking at the Jaguar XJL Supersport with possible acquisition in mind, chances are pretty good that you have a little string of initials after your name, attesting to your economic status. Initials like CEO, or COO, or (most probably) CFO, for example. One glance at the price tells you this car isn’t exactly everyday transportation. Possession sops up mass quantities of disposable income, and it’s possible—likely, even—that if you have the wherewithal to seriously contemplate ownership, you may also be thinking about retaining a chauffeur.

That may be okay for trips to and from a corporate HQ in a heavy urban setting. The L (long-wheelbase) version of Jag’s revitalized XJ sedan adds about five inches to rear-seat legroom, so with the exception of headroom there’s plenty of space back there, as well as trays that drop down from the backs of the front seats. You can relax, check your email, text, contemplate documents, and plot corporate takeovers.

But trust us, you do not want to deprive yourself of piloting this superb conveyance. Although we should add this warning: The experience is seriously habit-forming.

Read the full review: 2012 Jaguar XJL Supersport: Boardroom elegance on fast forward