XJ ( X351 ) 2009 - 2019

2016 -2019 XJ InControl Touch Pro 8” to 10.2” factory upgrade

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2020, 11:00 AM
Received 33 Likes on 24 Posts

@silvertonesx24

Never choose that. Hardware maturity is very low. XJ is different from other cars. Because, Audio system and InControl are separate.

1. very slow booting. (does not support quick-boot option)
2. audio must be connected "again every time" when you start engine. (manually)
3. can't see the audio volume level.
4. can't climate control value.
5. ...

Yes, you must change to "original car display" every time If you want to see your XJ's setting. It's very uncomfortable UX. And you can't use the hardware buttons.
If your XJ is Harman Ent. system, replace the display. I threw away about $1,600. And I realized.

Last edited by gloriashield; 12-15-2020 at 11:05 AM.
Old 12-15-2020, 02:56 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by xdave
After messaging gloriashield with some things to test, it appears the error shown above occurs everytime the CCF is reflashed regardless of the method used, so there may be an issue with the GWM or with the combination of SDD 160 and that version of the MongoosePro hardware interface. The BCM is the primary CCF source, with the GWM the backup, so the changes are taking effect in the car but there will remain a mismatch.

Cararescu, when it comes to the Android replacement screens I am unsure which, if any, work with the IMC based infotainment systems vs the older IAM ones. Given the replacements cost around $1000 USD each, and the hardware for the OEM 10.2" swap is available for much less, I doubt they have much demand for them for 2016+ XJs.
Hi Dave, you know any shop that can do the OEM upgrade ? I try to look online but hard to find anything in London. I'm willing to drive outside probably for a weekend leave the car there enjoy another city meanwhile then pick it up when ready.

Old 01-06-2021, 05:39 AM

Originally Posted by zYx
Did you get it solved yet? Jaguar called me the other day to say they've enabled SOTA for me and pushed 20B version to my car. It took 2 days for the update to work. It got stuck in the downloading/installing loop for two days. Now I have S20B1_20.30.2-578440 installed...
Still not resolved. I still have 19C_19.46.4-458817, update says that this is latest version available.
Dealer said that SOTA enabled, but there is software version mismatch between slave controller (rear multimedia) and IMC, that is why they car says me that latest available is 19C.
They downloaded all the configurations and sent to Jaguar and awaiting the info how to resolve.

For the moment rear multimedia screens work, but they switch off after some time - about 10-15miinutes, like they go to sleep mode.To get it work again I need to do what old joke says about microsoft - when car stuck, the programmer should close all windows, quit it and restart it

The following users liked this post:
zYx (01-08-2021)
Old 01-08-2021, 12:19 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Did you ever look into this or purchase it?
Are there any other options that I could have installed? As much as I admire those who can perform this upgrade, it's above my level.

Old 01-08-2021, 12:33 PM
Received 141 Likes on 106 Posts

Originally Posted by gloriashield
@silvertonesx24

Never choose that. Hardware maturity is very low. XJ is different from other cars. Because, Audio system and InControl are separate.

1. very slow booting. (does not support quick-boot option)
2. audio must be connected "again every time" when you start engine. (manually)
3. can't see the audio volume level.
4. can't climate control value.
5. ...

Yes, you must change to "original car display" every time If you want to see your XJ's setting. It's very uncomfortable UX. And you can't use the hardware buttons.
If your XJ is Harman Ent. system, replace the display. I threw away about $1,600. And I realized.
Thanks- I'm doing an android upgrade in one of my Mercedes and while the system is great for the money (screen quality could be better, but it's fine for $300), the integration into the Mercedes fiber optic system and amp is a total nightmare.

I'm glad at least there are companies trying and making it better for OEM looking upgrades and hopefully that breathes some life into our cars. I can't see a Pioneer or Kenwood unit in a car like this. So 2000s JDM, ugh.

Old 01-24-2021, 07:16 AM
Default Navi region change

In addition I would like to ask if there is a possibility to change maps from US to Europe?

Thanks
Thomas

Old 01-24-2021, 07:38 AM
Received 60 Likes on 41 Posts

Yes.

Old 01-24-2021, 11:50 AM
Default Navi region change

Originally Posted by MoJo88
Yes.
Is there any guide how to do that?

Old 01-24-2021, 09:17 PM
Veteran Member
Received 593 Likes on 362 Posts

I think you can change the maps by just installing the different region to your USB key, and then into the car, via the https://jaguar.here.com downloader. Exactly the same process you would follow to update the installed region maps.
I've had a look at my account and I can see all the other regions and the instructions appear to be the same for each. I can't test it without buying the maps though as I only have a European subscription.

Old 02-04-2021, 04:26 AM

"Navigation Loading...." > "No response navigation."

If anybody have replaced display to 10-inch, be careful. You will not be able to use navigation when you go back to the 8-inch display after updated Here-Map. It is only solved by replacing the IMC. Of course, no one will go back to 8, right?

zYx (03-11-2021)
Old 02-15-2021, 05:40 PM

Originally Posted by zYx
Did you get it solved yet? Jaguar called me the other day to say they've enabled SOTA for me and pushed 20B version to my car. It took 2 days for the update to work. It got stuck in the downloading/installing loop for two days. Now I have S20B1_20.30.2-578440 installed...
Now it updated, if I try to check for an update, says that I have latest - S20C1_20.48.3-635557
Still fighting with rear multimedia - rear screens sometimes switch off. After they switched off - cannot get it on until I shut down and start car after few minutes. Have not got any logic to find exact sequence how to show it to dealer.
This strange behavior of rear multimedia restricts me for the moment to go to 10" upgrade, which I definitely want.

Old 02-20-2021, 12:59 PM
Unhappy After replaced IPMB, the camera system does not work.

@xdave @Cambo

Hi guys,

My Jag is LWB and it has 360" camera system. I replaced the display, so I had to change IPMB. I replaced IPMB today and part number is "HY32-14F026-AM". When I installed IPMB and turned on my jag, "Camera System Fault" came out on the cluster. Yes I need a programming my IPMB.

I changed WERS to JW93-19H423-AE, and programming was successful. However, camera system did not work. Unlike before, no messages were displayed on the cluster. I tried to JW93-19H423-AC next time, but there was no change.

There are 2 errors in DTC.
- U2300-55 : Central configuration
- U2100-00 : J_14229_DTC_U2100

Did I miss something? Please help me. It's very very frustrating because the camera system doesn't work.

Thanks!

zYx (02-20-2021)
Old 02-20-2021, 02:36 PM
Veteran Member
Received 593 Likes on 362 Posts

I've successfully reflashed an HY32-14F026-AL before, so the hardware should be OK. I use the method documented in post 19 using JW93-19H423-AC (I actually refer to that post each time to follow the steps), and it looks like you have used the same method here.

Comparing your success screenshot against my notes:

- HW PN FW93-14015-AD is the same
- ECU SW PN JJ32-A4F017-AD is the same (PID F188)
- Data Cal PN JW93-14F022-AC is the same (PID F124)
- Signal Cal PN JW93-14F016-AA is the same (PID F108)

So the software reflash looks to have been successfull.

Before you diagnose further, disconnect the vehicle battery for a minute to check it still behaves the same way.

U2300-55 is a generic code for any module that indicates the software configure loaded onto it does not match what it expects based on the CCF. I would look there. I will send you a PM with my email address in it; please can you zip up your entire C:\Program Files\JLR\IDS\Sessions\{VIN} folder and send it to me so I can do a bit-level comparison with my reference version? Hopefully there is a simple configuration difference, although I'm unsure what it would be as your car already had 360 cams from the factory.

When you say it didn't work after reflashing, I'm guessing there is no 'Camera system unavailable' message on the instrument cluster and the button on the touch screen and the hard button below it simply do nothing when pressed? When the car is put into reverse gear does anything change? Do the parking sensors will function? (They should.)

Last edited by xdave; 02-20-2021 at 02:38 PM. Reason: Edited to correct AL not AM.
Old 03-03-2021, 09:11 AM

Hi xdave, and apologies for jumping onto the XJ forum.

I am in the middle of trying to achieve the same thing as you and Cambo but in my F-type (MY2018 with Incontrol touch Pro) and then I came across your post. Excellent write up, but I am totally confused as to what equipment/software i need in order to change the coding parameters. I have never attempted anything like this before but am quite computer literate.
I am at the stage where I have swapped the screens over and I am getting exactly the same image as Cambo did when he tested his new 10.2" screen. Could you tell me what I need, to be able to do the coding myself. Or better still do you know of anyone that might be able to do it? Im based in Leicestershire.

Many thanks

Old 03-06-2021, 09:04 AM
zYx
Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by PowertotheV8
Hi xdave, and apologies for jumping onto the XJ forum.

I am in the middle of trying to achieve the same thing as you and Cambo but in my F-type (MY2018 with Incontrol touch Pro) and then I came across your post. Excellent write up, but I am totally confused as to what equipment/software i need in order to change the coding parameters. I have never attempted anything like this before but am quite computer literate.
I am at the stage where I have swapped the screens over and I am getting exactly the same image as Cambo did when he tested his new 10.2" screen. Could you tell me what I need, to be able to do the coding myself. Or better still do you know of anyone that might be able to do it? Im based in Leicestershire.

Many thanks
You need the following:
  1. SDD - it's free to download but paid to be used.
  2. 40A+/14V battery charger/maintainer/supply.
  3. Communication interface cable that works with your car.
Please note that this thread is about XJ upgrade and while some CCF mods may be the same, some will not work with your F-type. I've yet to complete this upgrade, so please don't ask me about how to do it in F-type. Dave or others are is the experts here. I'm still getting parts ready.

Old 03-06-2021, 09:18 AM
zYx
Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

IPMB - camera module - addendum

It is now confirmed that as well as the official JJ32-14F026-AC (C2D55068) module, you can re-flash HY32-14F026-AH and likely other A# revisions of that part to work with the 10.2" HMI. I've attached a photo here for reference.

As more people complete this upgrade, if further modules are found to be compatible with the flashing process described in this thread please can you share the part numbers.

I'm particularly interested in compatibility for the non-360 camera version as so far I've only done or seen this done with the 360 cars.
Gloriashield, where are you with your camera system issue?

Here's my module

Last edited by zYx; 03-07-2021 at 06:53 AM.
Old 03-06-2021, 11:32 AM

Originally Posted by zYx
You need the following:
  1. SDD - it's free to download but paid to be used.
  2. 40A+/14V battery charger/maintainer/supply.
  3. Communication interface cable that works with your car.
Please note that this thread is about XJ upgrade and while some CCF mods may be the same, some will not work with your F-type. I've yet to complete this upgrade, so please don't ask me about how to do it in F-type. Dave or others are is the experts here. I'm still getting parts ready.
It would be Pathfinder for a MY18.

zYx (03-07-2021)
Old 03-07-2021, 05:18 AM

I think you can change the maps by just installing the different region to your USB key, and then into the car, via the https://jaguar.here.com downloader. Exactly the same process you would follow to update the installed region maps.
I've had a look at my account and I can see all the other regions and the instructions appear to be the same for each. I can't test it without buying the maps though as I only have a European subscription.
Thank you for your answer, however I am not sure if it will work.
I asked he dealer and they said that even they can't change the maps.
Navi hdd has to be removed and new maps put in the bench t independent specialized company.

I am also struggling with FM frequency gap issue, as US version has only odd frequencies and I can't find proper ccf section to change this.
Any help would be appreciated.
Thomas

Old 03-07-2021, 06:50 AM

The dealers would say that. They don't know how to do much other than change the oil.

I can tell you that 100% it can be done. It involves a CCF edit, then a map update, then another CCF edit. The even frequency issue is likely a CCF edit too.

EDIT:

But to be honest I wouldn't want this thread to be hijacked by this so it might be a good idea to start a new topic. There may be people that can help.

Old 03-09-2021, 11:50 PM
Thumbs up

@xdave , thanks to your great help, I was able to get this job done successfully. And @Cambo helped replace UIP for use CarPlay, is also very grateful. It's been 3 years since I bought the XJL. Display / CarPlay work has been the most satisfying.

1. PAM
My PAM was GX63-15C859-DL. I reprogrammed it, but it failed and it made to be brick. My choice is "GX63-15C859-DM". I have purchased 2 "-DM". I tried to reprogram one of them, but it also turned a brick. If you're not confident, just buy "-DM" and just replace it(do not reprogramming). There is no problem at all to use.

2. IPMB
Old IPMB was "FW93-14F026-AJ". If you can not change the camera mode without replacing the IPMB. I bought "HY32-14F026-AM" on eBay and replaced it. Even after reprogramming, my car didn't recognize this module. Unlike PAM, no problem occurred during the reprogramming process. I bought "JJ32-14F026-AD", again and changed the calibration software to "-BD". It is perfect!

3. CarPlay
My Jag had LOW_LINE UIP. If you force the "Smart Phone Pack" to be activated, only Android Auto will be available and causes many problems. I replaced it to HIGH_LINE UIP, and connected it used HSD. CarPlay works perfectly, now!!

Thank you everyone!

Last edited by gloriashield; 03-10-2021 at 12:03 AM.
The following 3 users liked this post by gloriashield:
sobyte (05-11-2022), xdave (03-10-2021), zYx (03-11-2021)

Quick Reply: 2016 -2019 XJ InControl Touch Pro 8” to 10.2” factory upgrade