XJ ( X351 ) 2009 - 2019

2016 -2019 XJ InControl Touch Pro 8” to 10.2” factory upgrade

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2022 | 04:28 PM
Default Help ! :)

Originally Posted by gloriashield
@xdave , thanks to your great help, I was able to get this job done successfully. And @Cambo helped replace UIP for use CarPlay, is also very grateful. It's been 3 years since I bought the XJL. Display / CarPlay work has been the most satisfying.

1. PAM
My PAM was GX63-15C859-DL. I reprogrammed it, but it failed and it made to be brick. My choice is "GX63-15C859-DM". I have purchased 2 "-DM". I tried to reprogram one of them, but it also turned a brick. If you're not confident, just buy "-DM" and just replace it(do not reprogramming). There is no problem at all to use.

2. IPMB
Old IPMB was "FW93-14F026-AJ". If you can not change the camera mode without replacing the IPMB. I bought "HY32-14F026-AM" on eBay and replaced it. Even after reprogramming, my car didn't recognize this module. Unlike PAM, no problem occurred during the reprogramming process. I bought "JJ32-14F026-AD", again and changed the calibration software to "-BD". It is perfect!

3. CarPlay
My Jag had LOW_LINE UIP. If you force the "Smart Phone Pack" to be activated, only Android Auto will be available and causes many problems. I replaced it to HIGH_LINE UIP, and connected it used HSD. CarPlay works perfectly, now!!

Thank you everyone!
Hello gloria, i'm interested in changing my low line uip module with high one. But i need some détails about ccf line editing to get Apple car and Android auto working. Could you help me ?
Can you PM me ?
Regards

Old 05-14-2022 | 02:37 AM

@sobyte , What do you need my help with? Send PM to me
Thanks .

Originally Posted by sobyte
Hello gloria, i'm interested in changing my low line uip module with high one. But i need some détails about ccf line editing to get Apple car and Android auto working. Could you help me ?
Can you PM me ?
Regards
​​​​​​​

Old 06-14-2022 | 09:20 AM

Hi,
Really interesting article. I have specifically joined to ask a question sorry if this is frowned upon. I am a JLR driver, I drive a Discovery Sport 2017 2.0 diesel which is a mix of all JLR stuff. I have the 8" Touch system and was advised on a few DS forums that it cannot be changed to the 10" system?? But it looks like you have done this, on a few Jaguars?? I believe they are the same infotainment systems with the same part numbers etc. I used to drive a Range Rover Autobiography and I was able to re-program it using a Britbox ODBII adapter so LR stuff can be re-programmed. The DS is capable of being chipped so surely it can have other parts of the configuration tweaked in my opinion. Do you have any information on whether this can be done or not?
Any info would be happily passed on to the DS forum who do have a few threads on this.
Thanks
George

Old 06-15-2022 | 08:10 AM

Originally Posted by Geo65
Hi,
Really interesting article. I have specifically joined to ask a question sorry if this is frowned upon. I am a JLR driver, I drive a Discovery Sport 2017 2.0 diesel which is a mix of all JLR stuff. I have the 8" Touch system and was advised on a few DS forums that it cannot be changed to the 10" system?? But it looks like you have done this, on a few Jaguars?? I believe they are the same infotainment systems with the same part numbers etc. I used to drive a Range Rover Autobiography and I was able to re-program it using a Britbox ODBII adapter so LR stuff can be re-programmed. The DS is capable of being chipped so surely it can have other parts of the configuration tweaked in my opinion. Do you have any information on whether this can be done or not?
Any info would be happily passed on to the DS forum who do have a few threads on this.
Thanks
George
For this job, InControlTouch(and Pro) Platform must be installed. What is your infotainment system?

Old 06-15-2022 | 08:26 AM

I have the 8" Touch system. I believe the 10" system was only able to run the Pro part in a Discovery Sport.

Old 06-15-2022 | 09:06 AM

I have the 8" Touch system. I believe the 10" system was only able to run the Pro part in a Discovery Sport.
Could you show me default screen working on?

Old 06-15-2022 | 09:45 AM

Hi,
Thanks
George
This mod is only available on the XJ and the F-Type.

What you are asking is technically possible but it's not really financially feasible and it would take a great deal of time and a really skilled individual.

Old 12-18-2022 | 12:24 PM
ndg

Originally Posted by zYx
Anyway, another successful upgrade

Hi zYx, you seem to be the most recent conversion in the UK. Could I ask how much you paid for the bezel and bracket? They seem hard to track down used, so expecting dealer prices.

I'm new to XJ ownership, so expect I'll be needing an SDD cable and SW anyway, but have coded on the older BMW architectures. The car I'll be upgrading has reverse camera only, @xdave did you ever get to try this upgrade on that configuration? Wondering if I'll need to upgrade the IPBM or not?

Thanks

Old 12-18-2022 | 12:26 PM
ndg

Edit to add, I'm looking to update a 2017 SWB, no park assist, no 360 camera. Single view.

Thanks

Old 01-04-2023 | 08:34 PM

Hi all,

Looking to do this upgrade to my 2016 XJ autobiography - anyone here does or knows someone that can supply and fit the parts?

Thanks

Old 01-05-2023 | 05:54 AM

Originally Posted by bigshow
Hi all,

Looking to do this upgrade to my 2016 XJ autobiography - anyone here does or knows someone that can supply and fit the parts?

Thanks
Where are you?

Old 01-05-2023 | 02:31 PM

I am in Bedfordshire.

Old 01-06-2023 | 07:40 AM

I am in Bedfordshire.
You could try this chap:

https://lr-retrofits.co.uk

Old 01-06-2023 | 10:39 AM

Originally Posted by christ
You could try this chap:

https://lr-retrofits.co.uk
Anyone else you can recommend? I messaged two weeks ago or so but havent had any reply yet.

Last edited by bigshow; 01-06-2023 at 11:37 AM.
Old 01-06-2023 | 02:06 PM

Anyone else you can recommend? I messaged two weeks ago or so but havent had any reply yet.
They responded to me eventually, but I decided a new car was a better option.

Old 01-06-2023 | 04:46 PM

Originally Posted by christ
They responded to me eventually, but I decided a new car was a better option.
Oh ok, just out of curiosity how much was you quoted?

Old 01-06-2023 | 08:06 PM
zYx

Originally Posted by ndg
Hi zYx, you seem to be the most recent conversion in the UK. Could I ask how much you paid for the bezel and bracket? They seem hard to track down used, so expecting dealer prices.

I'm new to XJ ownership, so expect I'll be needing an SDD cable and SW anyway, but have coded on the older BMW architectures. The car I'll be upgrading has reverse camera only, @xdave did you ever get to try this upgrade on that configuration? Wondering if I'll need to upgrade the IPBM or not?

Thanks
Hi @ndg
The fascia was £100 and the bracket was £200 but it’s gone up now.
second-hand dual view LCD (from f-pace) was £200. You WILL need a new IPBM module if you want to upgrade cameras. This could cost between £150 for used and I think around £600+ for new.
You’ll need a proper power supply and I went with Charge Doctor (£300) and a Diagnostic Associates’ “DA Dongle” cable (£300) for programming.

I still love my big screen with Apple CarPlay 👍🏼

I’d suggest you read the entire post from the beginning as everything has been explained above including part numbers. I got some parts on eBay (ie LCD) and what I couldn't get on eBay I got from Britcar.com but try your local main dealer, you might be surprised.

Let me know if you need help with anything.

Old 01-07-2023 | 09:35 AM

Oh ok, just out of curiosity how much was you quoted?
"... depends on the price of the parts at the time. An indication would be between £1500-£2000".

... but that may include Gosport discount.

Old 01-08-2023 | 09:10 AM
ndg

Originally Posted by zYx
Hi @ndg
The fascia was £100 and the bracket was £200 but it’s gone up now.
second-hand dual view LCD (from f-pace) was £200. You WILL need a new IPBM module if you want to upgrade cameras. This could cost between £150 for used and I think around £600+ for new.
You’ll need a proper power supply and I went with Charge Doctor (£300) and a Diagnostic Associates’ “DA Dongle” cable (£300) for programming.

I still love my big screen with Apple CarPlay 👍🏼

I’d suggest you read the entire post from the beginning as everything has been explained above including part numbers. I got some parts on eBay (ie LCD) and what I couldn't get on eBay I got from Britcar.com but try your local main dealer, you might be surprised.

Let me know if you need help with anything.
Thanks for this. Power supply is no problem, we use Deutronics at work, so I can borrow one of those for a weekend. Bracket and fascia don't seem too bad all things considered. I always try the dealer (and always ask for a discount - 10% is not unusual). For example it's cheaper to buy Porsche parts from the dealer than any of the aftermarket, but people just assume they'll be the dearer option.

When you say 'upgrade cameras', do you mean to 360 view or just to the 10.2" format? I'm not too fussed by 360 view (although it is a nice feature), but I would like the rear camera to look right and all soft buttons to be available. I've read through the thread a couple of times and my only concern is that no one seems to have configured an IPBM for just a rear camera, only in conjunction with 360 view.

Thanks

Old 01-22-2023 | 04:21 AM

I have a question.. probably stupid and I apologise
How can I get the SDD program? I bought another XJ yesterday the XJ50 ( anniversary) from 08 2019 it has the 10"2 Intouch pro screen from the factory, does the SDD works on it? what could I change with this program?

Thank you

Quick Reply: 2016 -2019 XJ InControl Touch Pro 8” to 10.2” factory upgrade