XJ ( X351 ) 2009 - 2019

2016 -2019 XJ InControl Touch Pro 8” to 10.2” factory upgrade

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2023, 09:33 AM
Veteran Member
Received 2,472 Likes on 1,940 Posts

Not stupid at all. But your kind of in a bind with that?
Jaguar has moved on to Pathfinder from SDD and I believe that for cars 2017 and up that's all you can use. At least for factory scanners.

SDD is such a big subject the moderators are trying to contain the threads so things are more or less in the same spot.
Take a read here to get started because you need to decide if its worth all the time and effort to get an SDD up and running?
SDD Major Thread

I have Pathfinder installed and working but can't really do anything with it as they have moved to a 100% subscription based model. So you need to be logged into Jaguar's servers before you can do anything. Now my SDD 163.xxx works fine on and off line but I have a 2014 XJR so an older car.

I have been trying to get more info on Pathfinder and see if we can get a working version for us DIY guys but no luck yet!
I have heard of people using it just have not been able to talk to anyone.

So look at that big thread and post your SDD questions there to get the best answers. What your asking is answered in that thread. There are multiple ways to go about it and I did struggle and found what worked for others did not work for me. So lot's of variation because of software and hardware differences compared to the Jaguar factory system. BUT you definitely CAN get a working SDD if you want too!

Last edited by clubairth1; 01-23-2023 at 09:37 AM.
The following users liked this post:
lotusespritse (11-01-2023)
Old 02-05-2023, 07:47 PM
Received 33 Likes on 24 Posts
Talking

Good news,

We no longer need the HSD Wire for UIP upgrades. I discovered last week that USB works fine with just powering the UIP without the HSD.

Red is power and below it is ground.

Tested on a Jaguar XJL 2016. Unfortunately, since this jag has an 8-inch display, Android Auto / CarPlay is not yet available, but it is expected to be upgraded soon.

zYx (02-06-2023)
Old 02-14-2023, 08:22 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Great thread, I've learnt a lot!

Old 03-22-2023, 08:56 PM

Originally Posted by gloriashield
CarPlay is not yet available, but it is expected to be upgraded soon.
Hello, do you mean an update for 8" screens will be available soon that will enable android auto without needing to change to 10" ?

Old 05-03-2023, 07:59 AM

Hi!

Please help me with sourcing the part for upgrade screen:
Fascia centre reinforcement bracket C2D53485

All the parts are available now except that bracket C2D53485.
Got an info that Jaguar does not have ETA for it and part dealers cannot get sell it with some reasonable lead time.

Old 05-03-2023, 08:34 AM
zYx
Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by D.D.D.
Hi!

Please help me with sourcing the part for upgrade screen:
Fascia centre reinforcement bracket C2D53485

All the parts are available now except that bracket C2D53485.
Got an info that Jaguar does not have ETA for it and part dealers cannot get sell it with some reasonable lead time.
did you check them https://britcar.com/product.php/5946...rom_vin_w13360

Old 05-03-2023, 09:09 AM

Originally Posted by zYx
Thanks, but no stock there too.

Old 05-12-2023, 09:22 AM

Got today 10" DV screen, but seems it will stay on the shelf for a long time - still cannot source C2D53485 bracket to start the upgrade.

Old 05-12-2023, 01:52 PM
zYx
Talking

Got today 10" DV screen, but seems it will stay on the shelf for a long time - still cannot source C2D53485 bracket to start the upgrade.
@gloriashield didn't replace the bracket. He modified the existing one using Dremel. I was considering it myself but I couldn't be bothered. I think it's worth a try. I'm sure he's got some pictures.

Old 05-13-2023, 04:46 AM

Originally Posted by zYx
@gloriashield didn't replace the bracket. He modified the existing one using Dremel. I was considering it myself but I couldn't be bothered. I think it's worth a try. I'm sure he's got some pictures.
If it working this way, then I can keep original frame and modify it.
Nice to get more info what to grave there.

I see you have not replaced FCIM panel, how old buttons with "eject CD" "park", "music" mapped?
Just thinking to get new panel and replace the plastic buttons only to get right image on them.

So, looks like the following?
-------------------
Black screen/AC panel surround is C2D55049 - need buy it
Fascia centre reinforcement bracket is C2D53485 - modify with dremel
The metal bracket for the screen is C2D54236 - need buy it
FCIM/AC control panel With start-stop, dual view, without heated windscreen is C2D54088 - leave as it is or buy and take plastic buttons, but keep old panel

Old 05-14-2023, 05:58 PM
zYx

If it working this way, then I can keep original frame and modify it.
Nice to get more info what to grave there.

I see you have not replaced FCIM panel, how old buttons with "eject CD" "park", "music" mapped?
Just thinking to get new panel and replace the plastic buttons only to get right image on them.

So, looks like the following?
-------------------
Black screen/AC panel surround is C2D55049 - need buy it
Fascia centre reinforcement bracket is C2D53485 - modify with dremel
The metal bracket for the screen is C2D54236 - need buy it
FCIM/AC control panel With start-stop, dual view, without heated windscreen is C2D54088 - leave as it is or buy and take plastic buttons, but keep old panel
I didn’t change the panel as in my case it would cost me £600+. Other options are half that so I’m monitoring eBay to see if someone is selling a second-hand one.

Old 06-09-2023, 12:13 PM

.... Unfortunately, since this jag has an 8-inch display, Android Auto / CarPlay is not yet available, but it is expected to be upgraded soon.
gloriashield,

zYx mentioned that you replaced 8 to 10" without changing Fascia centre reinforcement bracket to new one C2D53485,

can you please post some info about it?

I have all the parts now but C2D53485 for the moment not available from Jaguar.

Old 06-16-2023, 12:16 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default XJ Incontrol touch Pro 8" to 10.2"

Hello Xdave,

Your solution of replacing the 8-inch screen with the factory 10.2-inch screen is very clearly the best. For all 2017-2019 Jaguar XJ owners like me with Meridian infotainment, Chinese aftermarket Android screens cannot be installed. My mechanic just spent a week trying to hook up the Chinese screen and it never worked because it wasn't recognized by the CPU.
Even with the assistance of technicians from the Chinese manufacturer (canavie technoloy), we did not succeed. The manufacturer stated that it wasn’t possible to connect Android versions with the Meridian system.
On the other hand, I do not feel, nor my mechanic to make the change for the factory 10.2-inch screen. Do you know anyone who could do this? I live in Switzerland and I am ready to bring the car to UK.

Old 06-17-2023, 02:38 AM
Received 185 Likes on 120 Posts

You could try Mo at LR:

https://lr-retrofits.co.uk/contact-us

He may be able to help.

Old 06-21-2023, 12:29 AM

gloriashield,

zYx mentioned that you replaced 8 to 10" without changing Fascia centre reinforcement bracket to new one C2D53485,

can you please post some info about it?

I have all the parts now but C2D53485 for the moment not available from Jaguar.
You can work without C2D53485, it just needs some machining. I recently got and installed a C2D53485, but it doesn't make much difference.

Originally Posted by timeolder
Hello Xdave,

Your solution of replacing the 8-inch screen with the factory 10.2-inch screen is very clearly the best. For all 2017-2019 Jaguar XJ owners like me with Meridian infotainment, Chinese aftermarket Android screens cannot be installed. My mechanic just spent a week trying to hook up the Chinese screen and it never worked because it wasn't recognized by the CPU.
Even with the assistance of technicians from the Chinese manufacturer (canavie technoloy), we did not succeed. The manufacturer stated that it wasn’t possible to connect Android versions with the Meridian system.
On the other hand, I do not feel, nor my mechanic to make the change for the factory 10.2-inch screen. Do you know anyone who could do this? I live in Switzerland and I am ready to bring the car to UK.
It is called Harman infotainment system from 16MY. My JAG is a 17MY. I had a Chinese android installed before retrofit, which I could use if I bought one for Harman. Of course, factory upgrade is the best.

Old 09-10-2023, 12:29 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Cambo
Hi I have just successfully retrofitted the 10" screen, thanks to zYx for all his help in programming it in for me! I modified the central reinforcement bracket instead of changing it out for the 10" one which required a lot of cutting! We relearnt the vehicle variant and now all works! Apart from updating or replacing the imbp module which is not a big deal, I would like the screen to display the R logo on boot up. It's a 3.0d R-Sport...not an actual R with the V8 but close enough for me!! I have gone back into sdd engineering mode and changed the value Racing Sub Brand from mainstream to Racing (Jaguar R Type). Nothing has changed on boot up of the screen - I still get the jaguar logo on boot up.

Do I have to re, re-learn the vehicle variant in incontrol?

Thanks
Ryan

Last edited by jagryan85; 09-10-2023 at 12:32 PM.
Old 09-11-2023, 03:44 AM

Originally Posted by jagryan85
I modified the central reinforcement bracket instead of changing it out for the 10" one which required a lot of cutting!
Ryan,

Can you please give me more details about mods of 8" bracket?
I'm ready to buy new 10" bracket but cannot get it due to part availability and looks that I need to modify original 8" bracket

Old 10-03-2023, 08:55 PM

Great News!

I found that I can use Android and CarPlay on my 8" without upgrading to a 10". It must be using Phase 2.5 with install the SmartPhone Pack using SDD. If you just want to use Android Auto, the LOW_LINE UIP is fine.(I changed the UIP for use CarPlay.) Of course, the CCF must be modified. I'll post more pictures of the behavior in the near future.

* Phases 3 and 4 are not possible. Only 2.5.

Last edited by gloriashield; 10-03-2023 at 09:02 PM.
christ (10-04-2023)
Old 11-01-2023, 03:39 AM

Any chance you took any pictures for documenting the process?

@gloriashield , so the cutting managed to make the 10" screen working in place and needed only the outer bezel changed or even that could have been cut?
I am struggling to understand how plastic and metal will cost more than the screen itself on second hand market. I just got one and waiting to arrive which cost maybe less than 150 Euros. All the rest will cost more than double.

Also, anyone @xdave , @zYx , @D.D.D. , @Cambo can help with both the cable and power source and remote assistance? I think it can get cheaper like this than buying all new for the upgrade. I would actually want to do 3 in 1 upgrades or 2 in 1 (Meridian Surround for which all parts are already here mostly) and ACC for which I haven't yet started to source the parts. However, I will see if I can get any cable alternative locally at a better price and also a good 13V power source (maybe from an UPS?).

Old 11-07-2023, 11:08 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Great News!

I found that I can use Android and CarPlay on my 8" without upgrading to a 10". It must be using Phase 2.5 with install the SmartPhone Pack using SDD. If you just want to use Android Auto, the LOW_LINE UIP is fine.(I changed the UIP for use CarPlay.) Of course, the CCF must be modified. I'll post more pictures of the behavior in the near future.

* Phases 3 and 4 are not possible. Only 2.5.
Can you please provide more details on this? I am unfamiliar with what the phases are.

Quick Reply: 2016 -2019 XJ InControl Touch Pro 8” to 10.2” factory upgrade