XJ ( X351 ) 2009 - 2019

2016 -2019 XJ InControl Touch Pro 8” to 10.2” factory upgrade

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2023, 05:32 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Meanmugga
Tempted to do this upgrade. A local salvage yard has a 2018 for parts.

Might just go the aftermarket Android route.
If you're not sure, can you help for getting the surrounding bezel from them? USA?

Old 01-20-2024, 10:59 AM
QP7
Received 35 Likes on 33 Posts

What is possible to do / upgrade on a 2013 XJL? I detest my crappy early model touch screen... Ugh! (sorry)

Old 01-22-2024, 03:17 AM

I think only the Chinese versions. Original screen is using different cabling and for sure many other different stuf inside like communication with other modules.

Old 03-08-2024, 08:19 AM
zYx
Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by christ
Is yours the black one or the white one?
Mine's the black one.

Old 04-12-2024, 05:39 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by xdave
Updating to phase 4 is complicated at the moment (early March 2020) as the facility to do so via SDD has been suspended due to issues. It currently only allows phase 2.5 updates.
It can be done via Pathfinder, but it requires a bit of creative tweaking. I've only managed it the once while playing, and don't have as much experience with Pathfinder yet so I'm hesitant to share what I did just yet.
My advice today would be to wait for JLR to release the candidates back to SDD again. Their current ETA is "in March 2020" so it could happen tomorrow or it may be a few weeks. Once that has happened it will be easy again (just follow the instructions it gives you to to put the files onto a USB 3 drive and then download to the car).

If you are already 19A or later you will have CarPlay functionality but it may be disabled if the smart phone pack was never enabled. I have just noticed that I didn't put the CCF bit that configures what third party apps are available to you in my software post above, so I will need to hook back up to a car and grab that info.

hi, I’m a discovery sport owner. And came across your phenomenal thread. Well done. As someone had pointed on in here already the discovery owners all say not possible for retro fits. And as someone who’s done plenty (non JLR) I’m not having that.

My discovery sport has mid line UIP I’ve used CCF editor and changed it to high line. I have the 10.2 screen with CarPlay already but only have the 2 usb and 12v UIP I’ve changed it to the one with HDMI and uploaded the CCF. Along with video in motion (for passenger until I get my hands on DV screen and RSE) and disable start up warning.

yet my IMC hasn’t changed. I’ve no option in. Pathfinder to tell the IMC to learn CCF. Any ideas ?

I did successfully edit my CCF for adding LKA from LDW but that’s all I’ve attempted. I also have the 360 cameras. And looking to add auto park and wade sensing.

Old 07-02-2024, 02:29 AM
Received 46 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by gloriashield
Great News!

I found that I can use Android and CarPlay on my 8" without upgrading to a 10". It must be using Phase 2.5 with install the SmartPhone Pack using SDD. If you just want to use Android Auto, the LOW_LINE UIP is fine.(I changed the UIP for use CarPlay.) Of course, the CCF must be modified. I'll post more pictures of the behavior in the near future.

* Phases 3 and 4 are not possible. Only 2.5.

This is interesting. I wonder if anyone explored trying this approach to get the F-Type 8" to support CarPlay instead of only the 10", e.g. for systems that have ITCP such as MY2018. I didn't see any of these attempts, only some attempts to upgrade 8" to 10". Both are done with CCF updates though.

Old 07-02-2024, 07:11 AM

To be very honest, I am thinking about this too because the plastic bezel is still on waiting for the order to be shipped for 6 months already, from the main local dealer (and same would be from Germany, Netherlands, etc.).
I am also in difficulty to find a tool for programming. DA-Dongle shows up almost 100Eur for shipping to Romania the dongle, and on any email I've sent asking if there is an error or fi they can make a special shipping less costly, they never replied back so I start to have doubts on them if I will ever need any kind of support.

Old 07-02-2024, 03:48 PM
Received 46 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by hulubei
To be very honest, I am thinking about this too because the plastic bezel is still on waiting for the order to be shipped for 6 months already, from the main local dealer (and same would be from Germany, Netherlands, etc.).
I am also in difficulty to find a tool for programming. DA-Dongle shows up almost 100Eur for shipping to Romania the dongle, and on any email I've sent asking if there is an error or fi they can make a special shipping less costly, they never replied back so I start to have doubts on them if I will ever need any kind of support.
I am considering this tool https://www.vxdiagshop.com/wholesale...-with-hdd.html

Have you tried Britcar for the bezel/frame? Says on backorder but they are reliable and communicate well.
https://britcar.com/product.php/6177...aguar___f_type
https://britcar.com/product.php/5969...aguar___f_type

Old 07-03-2024, 03:37 AM

I was also considering VXDiag as an alternative or OpenPort Tactrix. I am not finding to much out of them on forums, people mentions vaguely using them on JLR vehicles with no real success stories for programming
I will actually check with Britcar if they have it in a way, in the past it was also missing for XJ, in my case.