XJ ( X351 ) 2009 - 2019

2016 XJ dashboard squeak

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2022, 04:29 AM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by clubairth1
Man that was a bad mistake! Do you need another adaptive strut? Those are expensive.
Is he standing by his work and fixing it for you on his dime?
Without a picture I really can see how the strut mount could be installed any other way?

The clicking can come from axles? Is your car AWD? It does not say that in your signature so not sure.
Nope my car is not awd, so im not sure where is clicking coming from, although it's very slight and ordinary people wouldn't even notice 😂 but hey I'm a picky ocd maniac here!

I asked him twice if he damaged the sensor and he said no and that the sensor was damaged over the years and it shut down when he disassembled everything and if he did damage it he would for sure fix it on his own expense, so i gotta trust his at this point. The strut costs around 400$.
Regarding the misplacement of the bush, one side of the suspension was fixed before and someone reassembled it incorrectly, that was obvious since the car leaning towards one side and when my mechanic reassembled everything both sides got the same height.

One thing that I'd like to discuss with xj owners, i feel like the ride is too harsh in my car, it shakes on the slightest imperfections on the road, is the xj normally harsh or my front suspension needs new struts and springs?

Old 08-18-2022, 07:55 AM
Veteran Member
Received 2,488 Likes on 1,950 Posts

Hard to say about the ride as it's so personal but the XJ is a sport sedan so there will be some road feel. When I think the car is riding rough it always turns out to be the road surface. I get on nice smooth pavement and man it just rides like a dream. Also the big 20" rims don't help either.

I am satisfied with the trade off Jaguar came up with but others have gone back to smaller tires to get a smoother ride.

The following users liked this post:
DanielCh (08-20-2022)
Old 08-23-2024, 05:02 PM
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Thanks to All

Originally Posted by DanielCh
Thank you for the suggestion, i went through the thread.
As discussed there, I opened the hood and bounced the car and heard the squeaking noise coming from the front right suspension. It's crazy how i feel it coming from the inside of the car when it's clearly up front in the engine bay. Im suspecting that's the only source of the squeaking. Also, when going over a bump with the front wheels i hear a clunk sometimes.
Last week a bad-performing driver smashed up my drive-it-to-work Ford Ranger. Just over a week daily-driving Naomi Campbell across our horrible junky roads and she has developed this exact problem. I have been worried sick but this thread has clamed me down quite a bit. Thanks to All for taking the time to post here, I really appreciate it!

The following users liked this post:
DanielCh (08-24-2024)
Old 08-24-2024, 01:21 AM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by DkZeller
Last week a bad-performing driver smashed up my drive-it-to-work Ford Ranger. Just over a week daily-driving Naomi Campbell across our horrible junky roads and she has developed this exact problem. I have been worried sick but this thread has clamed me down quite a bit. Thanks to All for taking the time to post here, I really appreciate it!
Who developed the squeak?? Naomi or the car?