XJ ( X351 ) 2009 - 2019

Anyone got front Kasuga Wheels For Sale?

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2017, 11:11 AM
Received 39 Likes on 33 Posts
Default Anyone got front Kasuga Wheels For Sale?

Hello guys, just wondering if anyone has a pair of front Kasuga wheels they can sell me. There has been a shimmy in the steering wheel for awhile and I need to address the problem. Thanks for your time!

-Johncy

Old 07-12-2017, 02:11 PM
Veteran Member
Received 6,426 Likes on 3,514 Posts

How do you know for sure that the shimmy is caused by the wheels and not the tires or a worn suspension component? Could one or more of your tires have a separated belt? When were your wheels balanced and did they use a road-force machine? I'd have a tire shop that specializes in high performance cars check your wheels and tires and pinpoint the cause.

How can you be sure that used wheels are straight and true?

Old 07-12-2017, 03:30 PM
Received 39 Likes on 33 Posts

The problem wasn't there before until I hit a pothole. I had the drivers side wheel worked on at a wheel repair shop but I still have this shimmy. I might just call the dealer to take a closer look to see if there are suspension components that need repair or replacement.

Old 07-12-2017, 09:12 PM
Veteran Member
Received 6,426 Likes on 3,514 Posts

You didn't say exactly what that shop did when they "worked on" that wheel. They might not have done a good job. Have another shop put that wheel on their balance machine and check the balance, roundness, and runout. Also have them check the tire for damage and a separated belt. If you have a bent wheel, it might be repairable at a small fraction of the cost of a new one. It's worth the cost to see if that cures the problem. There should be lots of wheel repair shops in the Bay Area with reviews on the internet.

Last edited by Stuart S; 07-12-2017 at 09:21 PM.
Old 07-22-2017, 07:16 AM
Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

I have kasuga 20" wheels for sale, in pretty good shape. They are straight no bends but do have mild road rash, actually it's my rear 2 that have the bad rash, fronts look a lot better, but all 4 still look great overall. Lmk if your interested. I only have 1 pic, but I can take detailed pics later on if you want them, I'd sell cheap. Lmk

Pm if interested

Thanks

Attached Thumbnails Anyone got front Kasuga Wheels For Sale?-photo717.jpg