XJ ( X351 ) 2009 - 2019

Anyone have Eurotoys pulley and tune?

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2015, 06:31 PM
Received 48 Likes on 36 Posts
Default Anyone have Eurotoys pulley and tune?

They have a package; pulley, tune and air filters for $1399.

Website says 600+hp on any SC 5.0XJ

Seems like a really great deal, I was wondering if anyone had tried this and has any feedback. I did a search but couldn't find anything on the X351.

Old 09-11-2015, 09:03 PM
Veteran Member
Received 6,285 Likes on 3,449 Posts

Auburn2,

Search the entire forum for Eurotoys, in particular the section for engines and transmissions. See these threads:

https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/j...trusted-95346/

https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/j...-parts-110509/

https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/j...rotoys-106778/

Another tuner, ECU Tuning Group, is a Forum sponsor. See these threads:

https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/x...upgrade-64594/

https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/x...-5l-sc-111917/

https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/x...talled-149560/

As an aside, it is helpful for everyone to know your location, so click on User CP in the upper left corner to open your Control Panel, click on Edit Your Details (under Your Profile), scroll down to Additional Information and enter where you live in the Location box. You can be as vague or specific as you wish.

If this was helpful, please press at the bottom right.

Stuart

Last edited by Stuart S; 09-11-2015 at 09:52 PM. Reason: Added links, other info
The following users liked this post:
auburn2 (09-11-2015)
Old 09-11-2015, 09:41 PM
Location: Mooresville, NC (Race City USA), home of most NASCAR teams.
Received 481 Likes on 368 Posts

So, if you believe in Santa Clause, the Easter Bunny, the Tooth Ferry, the Great Pumpkin, or flying saucers, you are a good candidate for "tunes, pulleys and air filters".

Like do you really believe that just by using these widely known little tweaks Jaguar engine engineers wouldn't adopt them in a heartbeat in order to realize 600 plus horsepower, or even 5 HP (at virtually no cost)? If so, you, like everyone else who subscribe to such outright scams, are a bit naive.

Last edited by johndahlheimer; 09-11-2015 at 09:45 PM.
Old 09-11-2015, 10:08 PM
Received 48 Likes on 36 Posts

Thanks guys .... should have known better.

Old 09-13-2015, 03:56 PM
Veteran Member
Received 516 Likes on 414 Posts

So there is no difference between the 5L SC engines, but via the ECU Jaguar sets the horse power to 470, 510, and 550. So a tuner can bypass those "locks" and release the full power potential of the engine. The pulley change will increase the superchargers speed to develop more boot that then can be regulated by the ECU. At one point Jaguar was toying with the idea of selling power upgrades to 5L SC owners for a price, but as usual they punted the idea of making customers wildly happy.

Old 09-13-2015, 04:39 PM
Received 4,454 Likes on 2,426 Posts

Originally Posted by johndahlheimer
So, if you believe in Santa Clause, the Easter Bunny, the Tooth Ferry, the Great Pumpkin, or flying saucers, you are a good candidate for "tunes, pulleys and air filters".

Like do you really believe that just by using these widely known little tweaks Jaguar engine engineers wouldn't adopt them in a heartbeat in order to realize 600 plus horsepower, or even 5 HP (at virtually no cost)? If so, you, like everyone else who subscribe to such outright scams, are a bit naive.

Originally Posted by XJsss
So there is no difference between the 5L SC engines, but via the ECU Jaguar sets the horse power to 470, 510, and 550. So a tuner can bypass those "locks" and release the full power potential of the engine. The pulley change will increase the superchargers speed to develop more boot that then can be regulated by the ECU. At one point Jaguar was toying with the idea of selling power upgrades to 5L SC owners for a price, but as usual they punted the idea of making customers wildly happy.
Turns out that the 550hp cars have a different exhaust setup to the 510hp ones which is a major contributor to the power increase.

The 5.0L cars on this forum (and there are a few, btw) making 600hp+ have all had an exhaust modification similar to what was done from the factory on the XFR-S, XKR-S and X351 XJR.

It's an X-pipe in place of the front muffler. Before jumping into tunes & pulley's, this is the first modification you need to do.

We recently found out (the hard way) that the stock XKR-S / XFR-S tune (550PS, 680Nm) does not work with the factory exhaust system on a 510PS/625Nm car, and it's all because of the exhaust.

Old 09-13-2015, 11:40 PM

I sure wish someone could back up their claims with verifiable, measurable results. Otherwise, it is somewhat similar to claims of being abducted by space aliens. All talk, no proof!

Last edited by johndahlheimer; 09-13-2015 at 11:44 PM.
Old 09-14-2015, 01:24 AM

Originally Posted by johndahlheimer
I sure wish someone could back up their claims with verifiable, measurable results. Otherwise, it is somewhat similar to claims of being abducted by space aliens. All talk, no proof!
Here's a 532rwhp XFR, at the crank that's well north of 600hp (stock cars make ~460hp at the wheels on a good day)

https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/x...x-pipe-111588/

Tune, Pulley, X-pipe... and lots of dyno graphs for your viewing pleasure.

xjb (12-30-2015)
Old 09-14-2015, 09:30 AM
Veteran Member

I stand corrected thank you Cambo. So if one were to do an x-pipe would not changing the stock mufflers be a negating factor? If that's the case I would need to change the exhaust to XJR from the cats back.

Old 09-14-2015, 05:09 PM

It's not about being right or wrong, just sharing information

The rear boxes of the exhaust seems to make little difference (well made no difference on the XFR that was flashed with the XKR-S tune, it was still playing up regardless)

You can see the factory X-pipe setup on this XKR here https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/x...1/#post1078298

I would expect that a simple aftermarket x-pipe welded into the stock exhaust would do the same thing, probably no need to go the full XJR exhaust.

Although i cannot say for sure that the pipes on the XJR are the same size as the XJ SuperSport... probably, but you never know until you get the calipers out...

XJsss (09-15-2015)
Old 09-15-2015, 09:54 AM
Veteran Member

Thanks Cambo. I'll be looking into this soon. Reason I am interested in reducing air/exhaust flow restrictions is that I just came back from the Fall WannaGoFast in Clayton Georgia and the Jag felt like it was running out of steam in acceleration above 120mph. Last year my best run was 141 and this year was 139mph through the 1/2 mile traps. Although I was not happy with the tank of Shell V-Power I had bought from a smaller Shell station.

Old 09-15-2015, 04:40 PM

Funny enough something similar happened to me at the Snowy Mountains 1000 runway sprint last year. My trap speeds were down over the previous year, and then a couple of months later I noticed the engine detonating and misfiring at high revs.

Went through a whole heap of stuff and in the end I found out that the cats were choked up. Put on a pair of new 100 cell cats and it was like the car suddenly had another 100 horsepower and it was better than ever before.

So maybe you need to check your cats... and i'd think about a carbon clean too, the 5.0L is a direct-injection engine so you don't get the cleaning effects of fuel on the valves.

Old 09-15-2015, 05:40 PM
Received 49 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by Cambo
Funny enough something similar happened to me at the Snowy Mountains 1000 runway sprint last year. My trap speeds were down over the previous year, and then a couple of months later I noticed the engine detonating and misfiring at high revs.

Went through a whole heap of stuff and in the end I found out that the cats were choked up. Put on a pair of new 100 cell cats and it was like the car suddenly had another 100 horsepower and it was better than ever before.

So maybe you need to check your cats... and i'd think about a carbon clean too, the 5.0L is a direct-injection engine so you don't get the cleaning effects of fuel on the valves.
What method do you use for the carbon clean up? I have a can of the CRC cleaner but I am wondering how well it will work having to pass by the blower before it hits the valves, most turbo guys will spray it in post turbo unfortunately we do not have that luxury.

I read the walnut method is the best way which if course requires us to remove the intercooler, blower and intake assuming your car is supercharged.

Old 09-15-2015, 05:49 PM

I took it to a local workshop that has a Motorvac system. They are just around the corner from a Jag dealer & told me they do quite a few Jags for that dealership.

I wouldn't bother with the DIY canned stuff you get from auto parts stores, it's not enough fluid. I tried it on mine and all it managed to do was transfer the gunk from the intake tract to the piston tops (I took pictures of the pistons with a borescope).

There's pictures and some descriptions of the whole saga in this thread https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/x...solved-137070/ complete with happy ending after I got the carbon clean done & changed the cats.

Polyesterpig (09-16-2015)
Old 09-15-2015, 08:48 PM

Tune, pulley and X-pipes represent an 8.7% increase in horsepower, barely noticeable in the real world, and less than than that experienced from simply switching from ethanol containing gasoline to non-ethanol containing gasoline, which would pay for itself by increased MPG. Much to do about nothing, and how to **** away money on meaningless modifications.

Old 09-15-2015, 09:04 PM

You need to learn how to read past the first post in a thread.

Stock XFR = 458rwhp, 403lb-ft
After X-Pipe, Pulley & Tune = 532rwhp, 482lb-ft

That's +16% hp and +19% in torque

Actually perhaps you should sell your Jag and find a new forum to annoy people on...

The following 2 users liked this post by Cambo:
jackra_1 (12-29-2015), xjb (12-30-2015)
Old 09-16-2015, 12:50 AM

You need to learn how to read past the first post in a thread.

Stock XFR = 458rwhp, 403lb-ft
After X-Pipe, Pulley & Tune = 532rwhp, 482lb-ft

That's +16% hp and +19% in torque

Actually perhaps you should sell your Jag and find a new forum to annoy people on...
Wow, sorry I upset you by my post. In spite of the fact that you are an official Moderator, I must say your response to my post was somewhat less than "moderate".

Sorry to disappoint you, but I have no intention of selling my Jaguar, nor finding a new forum "to annoy people on ..."

I have had been thanked 272 times in 214 posts I have made on this Forum. But never before have I ever been subjected to such a personal attack.

Old 09-16-2015, 01:06 AM

I may be a moderator, but I am first and foremost a member of this forum.

You were called out as a Troll in that other thread, where you waltzed in, read the first post and dumped on it.

The majority of your contributions on this forum have been in Off Topic complaining about the state of the US government, economy, healthcare, wars in the Middle East or various other non-vehicle related topics.

And when it comes to the techincal vehicle related sections of this forum, you choose to belittle and ridicule people.

As for trying to justify your views by how many Thanks you've received, if you want to play that game then by all means check my statistics.

You don't upset me personally at all. But your trolling does bring down the tone of this great forum.

I say all this as a member of the forum, not a moderator.

The following 2 users liked this post by Cambo:
jackra_1 (12-29-2015), xjb (12-30-2015)
Old 09-16-2015, 01:47 AM

I may be a moderator, but I am first and foremost a member of this forum.

You were called out as a Troll in that other thread, where you waltzed in, read the first post and dumped on it.

The majority of your contributions on this forum have been in Off Topic complaining about the state of the US government, economy, healthcare, wars in the Middle East or various other non-vehicle related topics.

And when it comes to the techincal vehicle related sections of this forum, you choose to belittle and ridicule people.

As for trying to justify your views by how many Thanks you've received, if you want to play that game then by all means check my statistics.

You don't upset me personally at all. But your trolling does bring down the tone of this great forum.

I say all this as a member of the forum, not a moderator.
Sorry old boy, that you feel the way you do about me. I have never thought of myself as being a Troll (your definition), whatever that means. You are apparently upset with the response I made to the first thread I read in this post. Truth is, after reading others, my opinion is still the same.

As far as my "Off Topic" contributions are concerned, perhaps they are what really set you off to attack me personally.

As far as the "technical section" of this Forum is concerned, I would challenge you to sight one instance where I have ever belittled or ridiculed anyone, ever!

I would think as a "Moderator" you might refrain from such personal attacks.
If you don't agree with my politics, or even my opinions as an engineer and car enthusiast of over sixty years, I can understand that. But why did you elect to attack me as an individual?

I always though a "Forum" was a place where people could express their viewpoints, and be respected for them, even if others disagreed.

Apparently not, as far as you are concerned. For that I am sorry!

Old 09-16-2015, 10:36 AM
Veteran Member
Received 802 Likes on 670 Posts

Cambo rules!

Quick Reply: Anyone have Eurotoys pulley and tune?