XJ ( X351 ) 2009 - 2019

Arden or Mina Exhaust?

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2013, 10:37 AM
Veteran Member
Received 516 Likes on 414 Posts
Default Arden or Mina Exhaust?

I am thinking of replacing the rear exhaust on my Supersport and was wondering if anyone out there has experience with either of theses quad tipped exhausts.

Old 09-25-2014, 05:34 PM
Veteran Member

I had ordered and received an Arden rear exhaust back in April of this year and had it installed at my Jaguar Dealership. I returned the next day and had the factory exhaust reinstalled. The system was not only loud but the interior was droning and the car lost it's luxuriousness.

Since then I have tried to return the exhaust by requesting a return label that they never sent. I have emailed them countless times and received lip service. I disputed the charges through Visa and since June had not heard back from Arden. I wanted to send back the exhaust but the shipping was $1000.+. As the dispute time has lapsed and Arden refused to send a return label that I offered to pay for I am forced to accept their offer of a 50% credit back to my card.

So if anyone is interested I have a nearly new Arden Exhaust for the XJ at half price, about $960.00.

Old 09-26-2014, 05:52 AM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Mina

I purchased the Mina system for my 2011 XJ. I love it. lots of complements, not too loud but makes a statement when you get on it in sport mode They were easy to deal with and it bolts right up. The only issue I had was the drivers side is to close to the tow thingie. We had to heat the mounting bracket and move it a little. The right side was perfect. I've had them 3 months and still smiling. I'm 60 and it remind me of the all muscle cars I couldn't afford when I was a kid lol

The following 2 users liked this post by dannyj12:
edobernig (09-30-2014), LaCapitalRue (03-04-2015)
Old 09-27-2014, 03:03 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I put the Mina on my supercharged xjl about 3 months ago and absolutely love it. It's a perfect combo for me. Not too loud, not too quiet and it looks 10x better than the factory exhaust IMO. It turns heads but doesn't come across as too aggressive considering what it's attached to. I'm very happy with it.

The only thing I will say is, I was annoyed that mina didn't send new clamps with the exhaust- especially considering the price.

The following users liked this post:
LaCapitalRue (03-04-2015)
Old 09-27-2014, 05:43 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

This thread is useless without video clips...

Old 12-02-2014, 08:25 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hey still have the exhaust?

Old 12-03-2014, 08:20 AM
Veteran Member

The exhaust is sold to another member and is on it's way to him as we speak. Thanks for your interest

Old 03-04-2015, 04:21 PM
Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
Default Mina Exhaust

I am thinking about upgrading to the Mina Exhaust...Curious do you have 5.0 NA or SC?

Originally Posted by dannyj12
I purchased the Mina system for my 2011 XJ. I love it. lots of complements, not too loud but makes a statement when you get on it in sport mode They were easy to deal with and it bolts right up. The only issue I had was the drivers side is to close to the tow thingie. We had to heat the mounting bracket and move it a little. The right side was perfect. I've had them 3 months and still smiling. I'm 60 and it remind me of the all muscle cars I couldn't afford when I was a kid lol

Old 03-05-2015, 06:37 PM

I have the 5.0 NA. Not sure it made it go any faster, but is sure makes it sound like it

Old 03-05-2015, 08:04 PM
Received 857 Likes on 483 Posts

We have a great system for the XJ. In stock, ready to ship. Quality British Craftsmanship for your (sort of) British Car!!!

Jaguar XJ Supercharged 'Sports' Sound Level Exhaust System

10% off for forum members. $200 credit against future purchases if you make a nice video clip

O: (1)250-485-5126
E: Stuart@VelocityAP.com
www.velocityap.com

Old 03-06-2015, 10:39 AM
Veteran Member
Received 211 Likes on 157 Posts
Default Stuart:

So what I gathered from this post is the Arden being over aggressively loud, the Mina being very likable and yours.

Are we in agreement here that the Arden is louder than the Mina or is it that all three sound close and the OP simply likes the quietness of the OEM.

I've been following the exhaust threads forever and can't seem to get a grasp of the differences between the three systems.

Anyone care to share real world experience?

Old 03-06-2015, 11:10 AM
Veteran Member

I only tried Arden, paid a lot of money and took them off within 24 hours and took a huge loss on a bad choice. So far am sticking with the stock setup. If I were to change I'd like to hear a Mina in person or bite the big bullet and upgrade to XJR exhaust that would entail changing everything from the cats back and that would work out to just a little more than the Arden.

My question to Mina owners is does it impact the serene quietness of the interior?

Last edited by XJsss; 03-06-2015 at 11:13 AM.
Old 03-07-2015, 08:29 AM
Default real world MIA exhaust

polarisnavyxj,

as I said in a few post on the thread, I have the MIA and I very happy with it. Everyone complements my car and how it sounds. It dose change the overall noise level in the car, it's not the quite luxury sedan anymore, it's now a sports sedan, but for me, while I like a very quite ride, I wouldn't change it back period. It remind me of a 60's muscle car. I have the original exhaust and it's a 20 minute job on a hoist to change them out, but the only thing I think about doing with the original exhaust is, should I sell it or keep it so I can change it back when I trade my car for a newer one in a year or so. Everyone is different on what they like, so worst case, spend $800 for the MIA and if you don't like the sound return them or sell them. The company is easy to do business with and you should be able to work something out if it's not what you want.

The following users liked this post:
uh2 (03-07-2015)
Old 03-10-2015, 09:36 PM
Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by dannyj12
polarisnavyxj,

as I said in a few post on the thread, I have the MIA and I very happy with it. Everyone complements my car and how it sounds. It dose change the overall noise level in the car, it's not the quite luxury sedan anymore, it's now a sports sedan, but for me, while I like a very quite ride, I wouldn't change it back period. It remind me of a 60's muscle car. I have the original exhaust and it's a 20 minute job on a hoist to change them out, but the only thing I think about doing with the original exhaust is, should I sell it or keep it so I can change it back when I trade my car for a newer one in a year or so. Everyone is different on what they like, so worst case, spend $800 for the MIA and if you don't like the sound return them or sell them. The company is easy to do business with and you should be able to work something out if it's not what you want.
I am "this" close to pulling the trigger on the Mina Exhaust so could you share whether you noticed any low end losses or sense of lugging at low low RPMs, such as 1500 RPM or if you noticed any drone.

If I do pull the trigger, I plan to get (and share) pre and post Mina dyno runs to confirm the 10-12 HP increase claimed by Mina. Of course, that is if the price is right...I found a local shop in Indianapolis offering 3 dyno runs for $85 which seems reasonable to me.

Old 03-13-2015, 08:02 PM
Received 90 Likes on 66 Posts

I have the Arden exhaust on the wife's N/A exhaust. Definitely louder than stock. She loves it. It is loud on start up and when your foot is in it. It has a clean sound, not a raspy sound that some of the maseratis get with aftermarket exhaust. To her the real sound, you have to have the car moving. Just having it in park and revving it, won't produce the actual sound. It will be slightly raspy. When driving the car, the torque on the drivetrain changes the sound (for the better). On the highway, barely louder (if any) than stock. When she starts the Jag in parking structures, it definately turns heads, then they try to figure out what kind of car it is.

Old 11-09-2015, 08:27 PM
Default Hi I am interested in your exhaust system is have a 2011 xj is it compatible ?

Hi I am interested in your exhaust system is it compatible with a 2011 xj? It its still available please email me ArodSaldana@gmail.com thank you!!
So if anyone is interested I have a nearly new Arden Exhaust for the XJ at half price, about $960.00.[/QUOTE]

Old 11-10-2015, 09:55 AM
Veteran Member

Long gone sold to polyesterpig

Old 11-10-2015, 10:21 AM
Default Thank you!!

Originally Posted by XJsss
Long gone sold to polyesterpig
Thank you I appreciate the response