XJ ( X351 ) 2009 - 2019

British Racing Green interior

Search this Thread

Old Yesterday, 03:43 PM
Received 33 Likes on 24 Posts
Default British Racing Green interior

I've concluded my eventual next and final XJ will be a 2019 pref Collection/Portfolio, XJ50 only comes in meh colors, def don't want the same black XJ as everyone else, have had Stratus and Storm Grey which sets the look apart so much from straight black

BRG has always been the pinnacle in my eyes, but pretty much all of them I've seen have either London Tan(puke orange) or old-looking beige seats and/or even worse brown(diarrhea) dash, apparently Collection only comes in Tan?

why would they pair such an amazing paint shade with such repulsive interiors? will prob be a mission finding last of BRG's with ebony/ivory/grey interior

Last edited by EliteZags; Yesterday at 04:35 PM.
Old Yesterday, 04:30 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,269 Likes on 695 Posts

Not sure I see the value in trashing everyone else's choices on interiors.

On both of my BRG cars the interior was cashmere. Seemed appropriate for the exterior color, more so than black or gray that was available in that period. The introduction of "puke orange" was a welcome addition from my perspective, a color previously found only in higher end vehicles. Now some variation of London Tan is found in several manufacturers' options. I always thought of it more like a baseball glove than puke, perhaps because I have never spewed anything close to that color - so far. It is definitely a love/hate color. I like it, after having 4 prior Jaguars all with cashmere.

Also, today's BRG is not the BRG of old. Jaguar quietly replaced BRG with JRG and started calling it BRG a while back. A decision I don't agree with, being a fan of the more conservative solid green BRG vs. the brighter metallic JRG.

FWIW, my local dealer always considered BRG/JRG cars the worst to have on the lot, saying they take a long time to sell. Perhaps that will make for a more favorable negotiation on price due to market desirability being lower.

Good luck with your search. There's gotta be one you like out there somewhere. A lot of X351s are in the market now, way more than when I found mine.

The following users liked this post:
lotusespritse (Today)
Old Yesterday, 04:39 PM
Received 33 Likes on 24 Posts

ok I could see the right type of person being able to pull off London Tan seats, but you cannot convince me anyone has ever willingly chosen the brown dash which just violently resembles loose stool

if offered a free car with that color dash I would have zero hesitation refusing it

Last edited by EliteZags; Yesterday at 04:41 PM.
Old Today, 11:37 AM
Veteran Member
Received 352 Likes on 267 Posts

"right type of person being able to pull off London Tan seats"

Bro, just stop.

Old Today, 12:09 PM
Received 49 Likes on 37 Posts

Its all a matter of personal taste. So, please stop trashing somebody else's color taste. We all love our Jags no matter what colors.
I went out of my way to find a Cashmere XJ with a cashew/truffle interior. I happen to like the the truffle colored dash. It's unique and goes well with the rest of the XJ's complimentary coloring. I get unsolicited compliments frequently.

The following users liked this post:
lotusespritse (Today)