XJ ( X351 ) 2009 - 2019

Buyer Beware: Issues with my Jag.

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2013 | 09:31 PM
|
Thumbs down Buyer Beware: Issues with my Jag.

Just when I thought I was being a good customer...Jaguar has decided to jack it all up.

Previous posts have involved a painful recurring issue with the electronics going out. After several months and four tries the issue was resolved.

Fast forward more than a year, add a broken window motor, repairs to the sunroof, and a new recurring issue with the engine overheating (including a blown water pump that stranded my wife on a highway while I'm out of town (that was a fun call), and we finally went through with a request for a repurchase of the vehicle by Jaguar.

After a couple weeks of trading records we have an agreement, BUT, they claim they need 30 days to settle.

Fine, get my car back in the shop, give me a loaner (have had a comparable Jag every service event), and lets get this over with.

Dealer refusing to service my under warranty car.

My lawyer calls jag. Jag calls dealer. Dealer tells me they will service under the conditions that I bring in the car, recreate the failure conditions (of an intermittent problem) and they will put me in an enterprise rental.

What a horrible company. This car that snickered for $89k two years ago won't get $40k on trade with 32k miles.

What possible motive could the company and dealer have to "poke the bear"? None of this is my fault. And they are trying to make me into the bad guy.

My car has been in the shop more than 40 days since Feb 2011.

I hope you all have better experiences than I have had.

We loved this car. Now we can't help but hate this company.

Old 12-02-2013 | 03:02 PM

I am so sorry to hear about your situation. Unfortunately Jaguar is a small company and has a hit or miss dealer network. Here in Germany it seems like they have some kind of joint venture with Volvo has they combined in the same location. I honestly feel Jaguar NA need to personally assess each dealership and revoke licenses if they do not meet up to the standards they need to be a successful company. Give me Tata's money and I would have them basically buying up dealerships and become company owned. In order for them to become successful at this point they need to control the entire customer experience.

The following 3 users liked this post by ExpatJag:
Angus (12-03-2013), Jayt2 (12-02-2013), JimC64 (12-02-2013)
Old 12-02-2013 | 08:03 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by ExpatJag
I am so sorry to hear about your situation. Unfortunately Jaguar is a small company and has a hit or miss dealer network. Here in Germany it seems like they have some kind of joint venture with Volvo has they combined in the same location. I honestly feel Jaguar NA need to personally assess each dealership and revoke licenses if they do not meet up to the standards they need to be a successful company. Give me Tata's money and I would have them basically buying up dealerships and become company owned. In order for them to become successful at this point they need to control the entire customer experience.

I wholeheartedly agree with this statement. We had a serious problem with a local dealer when we returned the S-Type, the same one from where we leased it. It involved shouting (me) and cuss words (my wife), then a visit to the principal's (manager) office.
A company owned dealership would not have stood for what they tried to do...but failed..

Old 12-02-2013 | 09:06 PM
XJL

Originally Posted by mosticks
Just when I thought I was being a good customer...Jaguar has decided to jack it all up.

Previous posts have involved a painful recurring issue with the electronics going out. After several months and four tries the issue was resolved.

Fast forward more than a year, add a broken window motor, repairs to the sunroof, and a new recurring issue with the engine overheating (including a blown water pump that stranded my wife on a highway while I'm out of town (that was a fun call), and we finally went through with a request for a repurchase of the vehicle by Jaguar.

After a couple weeks of trading records we have an agreement, BUT, they claim they need 30 days to settle.

Fine, get my car back in the shop, give me a loaner (have had a comparable Jag every service event), and lets get this over with.

Dealer refusing to service my under warranty car.

My lawyer calls jag. Jag calls dealer. Dealer tells me they will service under the conditions that I bring in the car, recreate the failure conditions (of an intermittent problem) and they will put me in an enterprise rental.

What a horrible company. This car that snickered for $89k two years ago won't get $40k on trade with 32k miles.

What possible motive could the company and dealer have to "poke the bear"? None of this is my fault. And they are trying to make me into the bad guy.

My car has been in the shop more than 40 days since Feb 2011.

I hope you all have better experiences than I have had.

We loved this car. Now we can't help but hate this company.
What year is the XJ?

Old 12-02-2013 | 09:13 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by ExpatJag

Since an agreement was made to repurchase the car I very strongly suspect that corporate Jaguar, not the dealer, is calling the shots.

Specifically, I suspect they (corporate Jaguar) are trying to eliminate warranty and rental expense for the next 30 days, at which point the repurchase will be consumated.

Just a guess on my part but I can tell you from experience that this is often how these things go down.

Cheers
DD