XJ ( X351 ) 2009 - 2019

Can I update InControl Touch Pro using IDS(or VCX)?

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2020, 09:14 AM
Received 33 Likes on 24 Posts
Red face Can I update InControl Touch Pro using IDS(or VCX)?

Hi guys,

I have a XJ 17MY 3.0D Premium Luxury. It has a 8" InControl Touch Pro that doesn't available Wi-Fi setup menu. Maybe, it seems that Korean dealership has disabled Wi-Fi. Yes, I can't update it using SOTA.

I asked them for an InControl update, but they told me to wait at least five or six months. If I will buy IDS (or VCX), can I update InControl Touch Pro directly? (And can I update the Instrument panel cluster?)

Regards,
KIM

Old 01-20-2020, 07:40 AM
Veteran Member
Received 592 Likes on 362 Posts

If you download the latest SDD and use a supported hardware interface you can update the ICTP IMC software to the latest supported version.

I think you need to install every consecutive version of the NGI updates to the laptop to get the latest. There have been about a dozen so far, and they are big downloads, but the software will keep downloading them one after the other until they are all installed. Once all are downloaded and installed on the laptop you can use the SDD "Service functions" page to download them to the car.

(It is worth noting here that you can flash different, otherwise un-offered, NGI versions to your IMC by simply replacing the contents of the folders with a different version. Do so at your own risk though!)

Some markets don't get WiFi offered, presumably for some regulatory reason. If you have the Pro Services subscription and a 3G SIM card installed you should be able to do SOTA via mobile data. At least it shows as an option on mine, but I have messed around quite a bit with mine so I may have a non-standard configuration.

Old 01-21-2020, 08:22 PM
Received 33 Likes on 24 Posts

Thank you for your reply. I ordered NEW IDS(V143) from aliexpress. I think your replay contains very important information. It's certainly worth hearing.

Jaguar Korea, has too many limited features. For example, ACCS/AEB/Auto Parking is available but LANE ASSIST is not. F-Pace/New XF has SIM SLOT, but there is no IMEI information so cellular data is not available either. Rubbing me the wrong way, the InControl Touch Pro 8" won't be able to use the InControl APP even with the latest firmware update. Of course, we can't use CarPlay or Android Auto.

Best regards,
KIM