XJ ( X351 ) 2009 - 2019

Chrome Jaguar Pedals

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2015, 09:02 PM
Received 41 Likes on 38 Posts
Default Chrome Jaguar Pedals

Just ordered from my dealer the Chrome Jaguar Pedals for my '12 Portfolio @ $125.00. Earlier this year got the Jag extended warranty and 4 red Jaguar center caps for the wheels. Also wanted to get the "Jaguar" emblem for the trunk but was told they can't get it for my year/model.

Making small/slow additions to this luxury automobile.

Old 10-31-2015, 08:43 AM
Veteran Member
Received 592 Likes on 362 Posts

The pedal covers are nicely done and greet you every time you go to get into the car. Be careful not to overtighten them when fitting though as I happily kept tightening the nut unaware that I was pulling the front through the rubber and ended up putting a dent in one of mine. No one else can see it unless pointed out to them, but I know it is there and it has bugged me ever since!

For the Jaguar emblem, I'm assuming you mean the stick on leaper? If so you can buy them on eBay for about £15, and they are probably not much greater through your dealer's parts department. eBay US seems to have less of them available without importing them, but in the UK they are easy to get hold of. I've never handled one but I suspect they may have two little orientation legs on the reserve which fit into dimples/holes in the bootlids of the vehicles they are meant for. If so just cut them off - the 3M adhesive will hold them on fine.

Old 10-31-2015, 08:48 PM

Originally Posted by xdave
The pedal covers are nicely done and greet you every time you go to get into the car. Be careful not to overtighten them when fitting though as I happily kept tightening the nut unaware that I was pulling the front through the rubber and ended up putting a dent in one of mine. No one else can see it unless pointed out to them, but I know it is there and it has bugged me ever since!

For the Jaguar emblem, I'm assuming you mean the stick on leaper? If so you can buy them on eBay for about £15, and they are probably not much greater through your dealer's parts department. eBay US seems to have less of them available without importing them, but in the UK they are easy to get hold of. I've never handled one but I suspect they may have two little orientation legs on the reserve which fit into dimples/holes in the bootlids of the vehicles they are meant for. If so just cut them off - the 3M adhesive will hold them on fine.
Thanks for this feedback. I will keep this in mind re the pedal covers.

Old 11-13-2015, 09:17 PM

Had this automobile inspected last week and had the dealer put the Chrome Pedals and install the red Jaguar Growler emblem on the front grill.
Instead of the stick-on Jaguar emblem I meant to say the Jaguar script lettering that goes under the Leaper emblem.
My next install may be the illuminated sill plates.