XJ ( X351 ) 2009 - 2019

Color advice

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2011, 05:54 PM
Veteran Member
Received 2,455 Likes on 1,951 Posts

Jaguar Racing Green looks pretty good. OK, its the colour of my car, but I didn't deliberately go for this, it was the condition of the car that sold it.

The following users liked this post:
Hogan (12-16-2012)
Old 03-16-2011, 06:13 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'd never get another black car -- too hard to keep clean and too hot in the summer. White is out too -- looks like a rental car. I'd go with any of the lighter metallic colors and a light interior.

Twotone

Old 03-16-2011, 08:20 PM
Received 69 Likes on 57 Posts

While downtown in Chicago recently, I recently saw a Cashmere XJ with Ivory/Mocha piped interior. I thought was a very beautiful combination.

- Michael

Old 03-20-2011, 09:42 PM

If you are still deciding, I would vote for Indigo, especially since you want London Tan interior. I have Botanical Green with London Tan, it is quite striking. Indigo has the same effect; I have seen this combination in-person as well.

The other thing I like about dark cars that are not black is that they sort of look black at night. During the day, they appear less predictible than every other black car.

Good luck deciding, pretty hard to go wrong at the end of the day.

Old 03-20-2011, 10:23 PM
Veteran Member
Received 23 Likes on 22 Posts

Well, I'll add my two cents, which is go for a darker car to help hide the blacked out C-pillars.

Old 03-21-2011, 07:32 AM
xjb
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I ended up going with Ultimate Black, London Tan interior. After a few days of ownership, I would say I agree with almost all the recommendations here, both pro and con. When clean, it looks better than I imagine any other color looking. When anything less than clean, I can see every speck of dust. The car already owns me, but I love it. I have no second thoughts about the color, but ask again once pollen season cranks up.

Thanks to all for your advice.

Old 03-21-2011, 05:38 PM

Originally Posted by xjb
I ended up going with Ultimate Black, London Tan interior. After a few days of ownership, I would say I agree with almost all the recommendations here, both pro and con. When clean, it looks better than I imagine any other color looking. When anything less than clean, I can see every speck of dust. The car already owns me, but I love it. I have no second thoughts about the color, but ask again once pollen season cranks up.

Congratulations and enjoy! What headlining did you get?

Old 03-21-2011, 06:27 PM
Received 51 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by xjb

Great choice! Enjoy.

Old 03-21-2011, 09:31 PM
Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by xjb

get an Original California Car Duster to use between washes during pollen season...works for me

Old 03-22-2011, 06:34 AM
xjb
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Black. I will be interested to see how much it shows dust/lint. Looks great so far.

Originally Posted by jstewperry
Congratulations and enjoy! What headlining did you get?

Old 03-22-2011, 02:52 PM

Originally Posted by xjb
Black. I will be interested to see how much it shows dust/lint. Looks great so far.
Awesome! I got Jet Headlining too and really like it. No problems with dust/lint. I think it adds to more of a cockpit feeling and unifies the look with the Jet Interior and complements the London Tan Seats. Sounds like the only difference is that you have Ultimate Black Exterior, I have Botanical Green.

Old 03-30-2011, 02:18 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am trying to decide on color too... Black, Stratus Gray, Lunar Gray are among my favorites.

I am also curious about interior color... I am used to black in my last three Jaguars, but I like the Tan and Oyster too.. To those of you who have these lighter colors..How are they holding up?

Old 03-30-2011, 04:37 PM

Originally Posted by donfenn
I am trying to decide on color too... Black, Stratus Gray, Lunar Gray are among my favorites.

I am also curious about interior color... I am used to black in my last three Jaguars, but I like the Tan and Oyster too.. To those of you who have these lighter colors..How are they holding up?
My London Tan interior is doing fine after over 7,000 miles, but then it's not a real light color. I usually do a complete exterior/interior detail every year and there should be no problem until then (got it last June). Black interiors just get too hot.

Old 06-25-2011, 02:19 PM
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Stratus gray with oyster/ivory is absolutely stunning and I highly recommend it.

Old 06-25-2011, 03:29 PM

Where are the pics everyone?

You can't have a thread about color and not post any pictures.

Now let's see how beautiful the XJ's are.

Old 06-26-2011, 03:46 PM
Received 49 Likes on 35 Posts

I fell in love with Caviar when I first saw it at the Frankfurt Car Show back in 09. What was weird is that on the website Pearl Grey and Caviar looked almost alike and I almost ordered a Pearl Grey one. Thank God I clarified again with my dealer before I order. After I painted the pillars the car color it was perfect.

Last edited by ExpatJag; 06-27-2011 at 07:37 AM.
Old 06-27-2011, 07:32 AM

Originally Posted by ExpatJag
I feel in Caviar when I first saw it at the Frankfurt Car Show back in 09. What was weird is that on the website Pearl Grey and Caviar looked almost alike and I almost ordered a Pearl Grey one. Thank God I clarified again with my dealer before I order. After I painted the pillars the car color it was perfect.

I am a potential owner, and have also been considering caviar for the exterior color.

Oddly enough, a couple folks have mentioned it even in this thread, but the black pillars are something that actually DREW me to the car. I have never owned nor really had the inclination to own a jag in the past, but I love the lines of this new XJ - and the pillars represent one of the reasons that I have been back and forth to the Jaguar dealer versus the BMW or Mercedes: It is a bit different, and I like that! There are of course more differences, but from an aesthetics perspective, it is a plus to me.

Old 06-27-2011, 11:31 AM

Originally Posted by Hoss
I am a potential owner, and have also been considering caviar for the exterior color.

Oddly enough, a couple folks have mentioned it even in this thread, but the black pillars are something that actually DREW me to the car. I have never owned nor really had the inclination to own a jag in the past, but I love the lines of this new XJ - and the pillars represent one of the reasons that I have been back and forth to the Jaguar dealer versus the BMW or Mercedes: It is a bit different, and I like that! There are of course more differences, but from an aesthetics perspective, it is a plus to me.
Well Hoss you are in the small minority as the majority of the owner don't like the black D-Pillars. To dodge Interpid for me. I think the car looks awesome with it painted and it was money well spent. But on a differnt topic has anybody seen the daytime running lights on the Porsche Panamera? It certainly got my attention. I think its hot and different and I wish Jag hadnt got lazy and made our with the signature light and the low beams. And the fact that you have to go to the dealer just to have them turned on is stupid.

Old 06-27-2011, 03:20 PM

I would love to be able to turn on the LED's below the headlights by themselves (or if they would just stay on all the time regardless of whether or not the headlights are on) like they are in my wife's MB E550 coupe. That would look very cool. Unfortunately, Jaguar's idea of "daytime running lights" is for the headlights and LED's to be on all the time to meet Canadian standards and that is what you have to have the dealer program for you. Personally, I don't like my headlights on during the day.

Old 06-27-2011, 04:02 PM

Here is my deal Hous. If it's like that for Jag then it's like that for every other car company. But I know for a fact because I saw him do it that you can turn the daytime running lights on or off in the menu set up of mini. Explain that one. It would be as simple as blocking that feature for the canadian market but even so they could have done something like they did with the 12 model XF.

Quick Reply: Color advice