XJ ( X351 ) 2009 - 2019

Confused....

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2015, 12:20 PM
Veteran Member
Received 211 Likes on 157 Posts
Default Confused....

Here is the Sport/Speed pack option description for Jaguar XJ...

SPORT AND SPEED PACK

Accentuate the performance character of your XJ Supercharged with the Sport and Speed pack, which increases maximum speed from 155 mph to 174 mph3 and includes a variety of styling enhancement. Exterior features include: 20-inch Venom alloy wheels, red brake calipers, aerodynamic front splitter and rear deck-lid spoiler, and Gloss Black mesh side power vents and black front grille with chrome surrounds. The more aggressive exterior appearance is matched on the inside by bright metal accelerator and brake pedals, 18/18-way heated and cooled front sport seats with adjustable bolsters, Piano Black veneer trim and a choice of two unique interior color combinations.

Available on:
• XJ and XJL Supercharged ($7,800)

No mention of the XJR style side skirts as seen in the pictures

Where can I get these for the best price? Can someone provide part numbers and best place to buy?

Are they aftermarket?

Attached Thumbnails Confused....-side-skirt.jpg   Confused....-bas_de_caisse8_xjr.jpg  

Last edited by polarisnavyxj; 03-11-2015 at 12:23 PM.
Old 03-11-2015, 02:24 PM
Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

Parts number for the side skirts are C2D31112LML / C2D31114LML.

I did try to order from 2 different USA dealers but was advised that XJR parts are VIN specific - meaning Jaguar will not fill the order w/o a corresponding XJR VIN.

Here's the response that I received...
After receiving youre-mail I did try to place an order for the side panels and they came up"Not Available". So I contacted Jaguar and they informed me thatthese are factory installed parts only and not sold as an accessory itemcurrently. I have checked the dealer network as well, but was unable to locate.At this time I have cancelled your order and have issued a refund

As an alternative, you can try to order 1 part from one dealer and 1 from another to get around the VIN number requirement.

OR

Try ordering from a UK dealer.

I contacted SNGBARRATT.com and confirmed that they do not have the same VIN restriction (no) and that the parts were in stock (yes). I am expecting delivery in the next 10days so I'll report back if they come thru as planned.

The following users liked this post:
Aubi (08-02-2017)
Old 03-11-2015, 02:26 PM
Veteran Member
Received 516 Likes on 414 Posts

We have 3 different packages here:

Speed Package increases maximum speed from 155 mph to 174 mph3 and includes a variety of styling enhancement. Exterior features include: 20-inch Venom alloy wheels, red brake calipers, aerodynamic front splitter and rear deck-lid spoiler, and Gloss Black mesh side power vents and black front grille with chrome surrounds.

Sport Package is on the inside by bright metal accelerator and brake pedals, 18/18-way heated and cooled front sport seats with adjustable bolsters, Piano Black veneer trim and a choice of two unique interior color combinations.

The SuperSport 510hp offered only the Speed Package
The Supercharged V8 470hp comes with both for the $7800.00
The XJR is Speed and Sport plus different springs/shock rates, wider wheels, wider tires, and the rocker panel you are asking about and badging.

Last edited by XJsss; 03-11-2015 at 02:38 PM.
Old 03-11-2015, 05:58 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by XJsss
We have 3 different packages here:

Speed Package increases maximum speed from 155 mph to 174 mph3 and includes a variety of styling enhancement. Exterior features include: 20-inch Venom alloy wheels, red brake calipers, aerodynamic front splitter and rear deck-lid spoiler, and Gloss Black mesh side power vents and black front grille with chrome surrounds.

Sport Package is on the inside by bright metal accelerator and brake pedals, 18/18-way heated and cooled front sport seats with adjustable bolsters, Piano Black veneer trim and a choice of two unique interior color combinations.

The SuperSport 510hp offered only the Speed Package
The Supercharged V8 470hp comes with both for the $7800.00
The XJR is Speed and Sport plus different springs/shock rates, wider wheels, wider tires, and the rocker panel you are asking about and badging.
Oh I get it...I have a SC that wasn't opted with the $7800 upgrade by the buyer.

XJsss where can I source the rockers at a good price?
La Capital Rue: What did you pay for the rockers plus shipping to US?

Attached Thumbnails Confused....-img_0283.jpg   Confused....-screen-shot-2015-03-11-4.04.26-pm.png  

Last edited by polarisnavyxj; 03-11-2015 at 06:11 PM.
Old 03-11-2015, 06:12 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by LaCapitalRue
Parts number for the side skirts are C2D31112LML / C2D31114LML.

I did try to order from 2 different USA dealers but was advised that XJR parts are VIN specific - meaning Jaguar will not fill the order w/o a corresponding XJR VIN.

Here's the response that I received...
After receiving youre-mail I did try to place an order for the side panels and they came up"Not Available". So I contacted Jaguar and they informed me thatthese are factory installed parts only and not sold as an accessory itemcurrently. I have checked the dealer network as well, but was unable to locate.At this time I have cancelled your order and have issued a refund

As an alternative, you can try to order 1 part from one dealer and 1 from another to get around the VIN number requirement.

OR

Try ordering from a UK dealer.

I contacted SNGBARRATT.com and confirmed that they do not have the same VIN restriction (no) and that the parts were in stock (yes). I am expecting delivery in the next 10days so I'll report back if they come thru as planned.
How difficult is it to find a XJR vin to give them?

Old 03-12-2015, 09:27 AM

Originally Posted by polarisnavyxj
How difficult is it to find a XJR vin to give them?
Good question...Honestly, I didn't think about that "workaround" when I was trying to find the parts. I am sure it can be done if the person was resourceful enough.

Old 03-12-2015, 10:32 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by LaCapitalRue
Good question...Honestly, I didn't think about that "workaround" when I was trying to find the parts. I am sure it can be done if the person was resourceful enough.

how much for the skirts? are you paying retail?

Old 03-12-2015, 02:57 PM
Veteran Member
Received 516 Likes on 414 Posts

I spoke to the parts manager at my dealer and apparently there are none to be found in US warehouse at all. He said there didn't appear to be a VIN requirement on the parts, but if an XJR had an accident and that part could be verified as needed with the VIN and body shop estimate requiring the parts for repair, that a special order could probably be generated. He also feels that in a year or so if inventory becomes available they might be orderable without a VIN.

The following users liked this post:
Aubi (08-02-2017)
Old 03-12-2015, 03:57 PM

Originally Posted by polarisnavyxj
how much for the skirts? are you paying retail?

Less than retail but slightly more than USA dealers.

Factory MSRP - $481.00 each
SNGBarratt (UK) - $419.00 each
Jaguar Merriam (USA) - $400.19 each

The following 2 users liked this post by LaCapitalRue:
AlexSaltLife (09-14-2015), Aubi (08-02-2017)