XJ ( X351 ) 2009 - 2019

coolant hose list

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2023, 09:15 AM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default coolant hose list

Hi everyone,

I have a 2012 XJL naturally aspirated

I want to proactively change out the coolant hoses on the car to avoid any issues. I have been looking for a list of parts to make sure I don't miss anything but haven't had any luck. Can someone point me in the right direction or paste the list in a reply. I've got about 66k miles but at 10 years I'm good to do any other maintenance that may be necessary based on time versus mileage so any other suggestions would be appreciated.

thanks

Old 03-09-2023, 11:53 AM
Received 204 Likes on 152 Posts

Originally Posted by dtrain911
Hi everyone,
but haven't had any luck.
You came to the right place - there are several posts in this forum that discuss & list parts including hoses to replace.
I don't know if luck will get you there though - you'd do better to put a little effort into it and read at least the titles of existing posts to find ones related to the cooling system.
It comes up at least weekly, so it shouldn't be too hard for you to find.
I myself actually replaced all hoses, pump, thermostat & pipes on my wife's 5.0L NA XJ last month, and if I didn't post details including part numbers about that it's because there were already a recent post or two that did.
You might be lucky enough that someone else takes the time to re-create the lists especially for you in this post.
I would look for them for you, but I'm hoping you have more time to invest in what you want than I do.

But keep the faith, because it certainly is in here & available in many discussions already written.

Last edited by 12jagmark; 03-09-2023 at 11:55 AM.
Old 03-09-2023, 12:39 PM

Thanks for the reply Mark,

I've done searches for : coolant hoses, radiator hoses, added the word "list", coolant leak, and water pump

I haven't found a post that contains a list of the hoses needed to renew the system. Any thoughts on setting up proper search parameters?

thanks,

William

Old 03-09-2023, 06:33 PM

It's so common that it's on a concurrent post called "Engine Repair or Part The Car". Look at the last response (although there will be subsequent posts the longer you wait) and a fellow forum member shared a reference in the post they were following that has a list of cooling system parts.

Old 03-09-2023, 07:06 PM

Thanks I saw this post but it doesn't actually contain a list of parts. The person posting asks for one and he mentions that he couldn't find one on the forum either. The reply regarding his request is a link to the sng barrett website which I have also been on. I can search for the parts and purchase them on their website (or any other) but I just don't want to tear down this engine and realize I missed something then have to wait for it to arrive. I thought someone would have put together a list of the parts so I could make sure I had everything before I began the job. I'll just place an order and hope for the best. Once I get the job done, I'll post a list that will hopefully be easy to search and find.

Old 03-10-2023, 07:28 AM

There are a couple of posts that include lists that have been compiled in this forum somewhere. I recall one of them with the input helpful Jaguar specialty repair shop in Georgia that the representative gives very good advice such as this. She did include a full list or two (keep in mind that some parts differ between supercharged and NA cooling systems), that other forum members contributed to and cleared-up.
There are some parts that aftermarket suppliers have aluminum parts to replace plastic JLR parts. The only one of those that applies to the NA is the small pipe from the rear of the cooling pump to the oil cooler. It's available at online suppliers such as AutohausAZ.
Actually if you go to AutohausAZ and search parts that fit your car, it will show you the cooling parts including hoses. Rock Auto has a couple, but not many hoses.

Last edited by 12jagmark; 03-10-2023 at 07:30 AM.
Old 03-10-2023, 12:11 PM
Veteran Member
Received 2,488 Likes on 1,950 Posts

Just be very careful of any list you find. Make sure and verify that those part numbers do in fact fit your car. Jaguar dealers have a on-line parts section and you type in your VIN so the system can verify your ordering the correct parts.
Just many variations out there!