XJ ( X351 ) 2009 - 2019

Costs and a Modified X351 3.0D

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2024, 03:54 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Costs and a Modified X351 3.0D

So the story of my car may be the best place to start here, I purchased myself a New To Me x351 just before Christmas, a 2014 vintage with 53,000 miles on the clock. Its the XJ Premium Luxury so has enough things to play with in the drivers seat for the next year or so.

I had to have new Tyres (and the wheels refurbished) on it so opted for the Run Flats in the first instance which gave me a jaw breaking ride, and after one continuously went down now have Two Run Flats on the Back and Two Normal tyres on the front. I know they should all be the same but my theory was that I needed to change the front ones from the Run Flats (as one had that deflation issue) and well I had spend enough at this point. I mitigated this decision by all four being top notch rubber and the fonts /backs are the same.

Prop shaft and Rear suspension was also shot so I got the first taste of what a "Proper Job" costs on the Jaaaggg

The car was a little unloved and (mainly due to it being the same size as a small ship) had some scrapes on the corners. All these got professionally done at a body shop. I thought at the same time I would have the Limo tints done on the rear.

It smelt like the smoker/drug dealer/wet dog that owned it before and still does a bit but the valet is due in a few days so this will soon smell more of winter meadows.

So the reason for the post is the Modified aspect of it. I had a Stage 1 Remap with some other areas electronically removed or actually removed (I cant say which on here) and the car that used to go like the wind now feels like it has had its chains taken off. I haven't had it Dyno' d (and wont do) but the dodgy chap that did it said "This will be about 340 now mate" which to be honest I think is about right.

Since the changes to the engine I do get a little smoke when it first kicks up from cold. I'm not sure if the MPG has been altered much as it seems to have reduced but that could also be due to me putting my foot down so much more while shouting Great Scott.

I'll let you all know if anything falls off in the next month or so, I think that is it for modifications and repairs. My bills come to about 4K so far so the piggy bank isnt going to stretch much more, but hell the XJ is one lovely beasty isnt it!

The following users liked this post:
Ondatrack (03-31-2024)