XJ ( X351 ) 2009 - 2019

Drivers report: How is your XJ/L doing?

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2013, 09:03 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

my 2012 XJ is doing fantastic. i took it in to solve a driver window squeak. Other than that, i still love this car. I wish i could wash it more frequently.

Old 05-27-2013, 07:19 AM
Received 49 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by Maybe_XJ
But wait... there is something better out there. I have been a Zaino fan for more than 8 years until I found a product called "Matrix Ceramic Coating".

This product has to be applied by a professional, takes a full day because the car has to sit under special infra-red lights. It's not cheap, costs about $1,000 to have it done. But how does it compare?... It doesn't, because it's much better.

Not only it makes the car absolutely shine like nothing else, but the beauty of it is that you don't have to do it again for at least 5 years. No more waxing, polishing, nothing. This is air-craft graded stuff. Not many detail shops offer this, nor they even know it exists.

But I'll say while Zaino is a great do-it-yourself product that yield good results, Matrix Ceramic Coating is professional grade that yield excellent results that last for many years. And you can go through as many car wash tunnels you want, the stuff doesn't come off. It is baked onto the surface of the car, making it stay always shiny. All you need to do is wash the car.

Here is the link The Best Car Wax Ain''t Car Wax! - The New Standard in Car Care
But wait!!! I had this put on my car.

Auto Paint Protection ? Car Paint Sealant - Automotive Paint Protection with Cilajet

Old 05-27-2013, 07:35 AM
Received 49 Likes on 35 Posts

Well I have had my 2011 Jaguar since december of 2010. I have a love/hate relationship with my car. While I love the design minus the blacked out d-pillars that I have painted this is car could be should have been so much greater. I spend way too much time at the dealer than one should with a car. It is actually there now as I am typing this because of a sunroof bug screen replacement and bluetooth audio issue. I just happen to see the 2014 BMW 750 Li and Mercedes S-Class. I no longer think the XJ is in this class. Price wise possibly. But other than that the XJ already seems old. The XJ styling is impeccable. The driving experience depending on the tires can be delightful. But being a small company shows. Things we expect from a flagship car at this level are just not here. An Audi A7 can compete with this car now. And while we like exclusivity that is not what Jaguar is looking for. They are not trying to be Bentley, or Aston Martin, or Maserati. They want to be BMW, Audi, Mercedes, or Porsche. And if that is the case just making beautiful looking cars isnt enough. They have to have the 360 approach. How do you get a BMW owner into a Jaguar? I'm not sure if they have enough money as a company to do it. I hope they can.

Do I love my car. Yes, as much as a person can love a car. Am I happy with my car? Not really. Would I buy another one? Probably not. I need Jaguar to start getting the simple stuff right. They stuff they can control. Do a better job at controlling the experience. Be Apple.