DTS Diagnostic Report

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2024, 03:31 PM
Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts
Exclamation DTS Diagnostic Report

Check engine light on DTC Diagnostic Report

Attached Files
File Type: pdf
NewXJ202403310254 EDIT.pdf (120.9 KB, 39 views)

Last edited by JaguarXJL15; 03-30-2024 at 03:54 PM.
Old 03-30-2024, 04:55 PM
Received 228 Likes on 175 Posts

How old is your battery(s)?
B13C5‑92 Secondary battery
U3003‑62 Battery voltage

And change your license plate bulb.

The following 2 users liked this post by Vasara:
dar2211 (05-08-2024), dmchao (05-08-2024)
Old 03-31-2024, 12:00 PM

Originally Posted by Vasara
How old is your battery(s)?
B13C5‑92 Secondary battery
U3003‑62 Battery voltage

And change your license plate bulb.
How do I remove the plastic cover of the light bulb I tried removing it with a flathead but it felt like it was going to break off so I stopped

I am more concerned about Powertrain control module(PCM)

U0447‑00 Invalid data received from gateway A Intermittent
P2066‑00 Fuel level sensor B ‑ circuit range/performance. Historic
P0497‑00 Evaporative emission system low purge flow

Old 03-31-2024, 02:48 PM

Originally Posted by JaguarXJL15
How do I remove the plastic cover of the light bulb I tried removing it with a flathead but it felt like it was going to break off so I stopped

I am more concerned about Powertrain control module(PCM)
The complete light module come out, not just a cover. Push the flatheat far enough in to press the spring clip.
Its same light module used in many fords. Check here:

Note: awoid touching bulbs with fingers or clean the grease afterwards off from them. The bulb will last much longer. (any conventional bulb)

As PCM faults currently are are not pernament type, in most cases they appear when battery voltage drops beyond level that all systems stay up. i suspect that these are not actually errors, just momentary powerouts exsample during startiing of the engine. Clear them off and check if and when they come back.

The following 2 users liked this post by Vasara:
dar2211 (05-08-2024), JaguarXJL15 (03-31-2024)
Old 04-01-2024, 08:21 AM
Veteran Member
Received 2,365 Likes on 1,863 Posts

Those lights did change over time?
I replaced mine with LED's and it was a great improvement. And it turns out the Jaguar lights are very common and used on many Ford's too.
But mine are a sealed unit and do not have a separate bulb? When I posted this a guy with a 2016 had a different set up?

Old 04-01-2024, 01:29 PM
Veteran Member
Received 354 Likes on 268 Posts

Unless you already did this before, I would clear the codes, drive around for a week or 2, and then check again. It's hard to know how old those codes are, and if they are still relevant.

Old 05-08-2024, 09:47 AM

Originally Posted by lotusespritse
Unless you already did this before, I would clear the codes, drive around for a week or 2, and then check again. It's hard to know how old those codes are, and if they are still relevant.
I changed the weak battery for a brand new one My engine light is still turning on about once every week

What is this non sense about losing communication with everything? rear seat climate which never even use and the HVAC system

Attached Files
File Type: pdf
NewXJ202405080716.pdf (120.5 KB, 25 views)

Last edited by JaguarXJL15; 05-08-2024 at 09:50 AM.
Old 05-08-2024, 12:33 PM

What is this non sense about losing communication with everything? rear seat climate which never even use and the HVAC system
I think you have some contact issue on connector exsample in central junction box, behind of centre arm rest of the back seat.
Systems are checked with every startup, used or not, and when you have intermittent dtc:s this means that there are issues what came and go. Most likely some CAN bus connector issue.
In theory it is possible to verify what devices having DTC are connected to the what CAN bus and then follow up and find the correct connector. I would start with all connectors on central junction box, because when going in, why not. (please remove battery minus terminal before working with connectors, but dont close the boot! Place someting or "engage" boot lock with srewdriver etc for preventing it closing!)
Check oxidition, dirt, moist, blackness from connectors and give spray of electronic cleaning on them.
If you find bad pin/crimp from connector its sometimes needed to remove it from plastic connector body for better access and maybe change it instead of cleaning. This might need a tool for removing the pin/crimp from housing and also specific pliers to connect wire to the new pin/crimp. Nowdays these tools are well available and not so expensive than before. Type of connector (AMP, Deutch..etc) are found on connector body. (i usually go directly for chancing the pins/crimps, but i happens to own all major connector type tools used on vehicles and most types pins/crimps on drawer, so its easyer for me)

The following users liked this post:
dar2211 (05-08-2024)
Old 05-08-2024, 04:09 PM
Received 86 Likes on 74 Posts

^ Yup, what Vasara said. I get intermittent U codes like that when it's really hot out. The rear control module is known to fail, I dont think a lot of people complain about it here, but I have two local guys who experienced the same thing as me. I just replaced it with a new one and I stopped getting those communication issues.

I do not see anything in your report that would indicate throw Engine Light (amber alert) but obviously its happening to you.

Old 05-09-2024, 11:44 AM

Originally Posted by dmchao
^ Yup, what Vasara said. I get intermittent U codes like that when it's really hot out. The rear control module is known to fail, I dont think a lot of people complain about it here, but I have two local guys who experienced the same thing as me. I just replaced it with a new one and I stopped getting those communication issues.

I do not see anything in your report that would indicate throw Engine Light (amber alert) but obviously its happening to you.
Where did you purchase the rear control module? price? do you a part number?

Old 05-09-2024, 11:50 AM

Is yours functional, or no?

Mine failed and was unresponsive, twice. I bought one used each time. Those same U codes stopped showing up for me. If yours is working, it's more of a deep dive in electrical connections.

Example (may not be for your car, but looks like this)
https://www.ebay.com/itm/27630945511...oaAoSTEALw_wcB

Old 05-09-2024, 11:54 AM

Mine failed and was unresponsive, twice. I bought one used each time. Those same U codes stopped showing up for me. If yours is working, it's more of a deep dive in electrical connections.

Example (may not be for your car, but looks like this)
https://www.ebay.com/itm/27630945511...oaAoSTEALw_wcB

ohh haha I thought you meant the control module for the whole car or something
you are talking about the control module for the rear climate controls ok I will check the connections

Old 05-09-2024, 11:58 AM

Originally Posted by Vasara
I think you have some contact issue on connector exsample in central junction box, behind of centre arm rest of the back seat.
Systems are checked with every startup, used or not, and when you have intermittent dtc:s this means that there are issues what came and go. Most likely some CAN bus connector issue.
In theory it is possible to verify what devices having DTC are connected to the what CAN bus and then follow up and find the correct connector. I would start with all connectors on central junction box, because when going in, why not. (please remove battery minus terminal before working with connectors, but dont close the boot! Place someting or "engage" boot lock with srewdriver etc for preventing it closing!)
Check oxidition, dirt, moist, blackness from connectors and give spray of electronic cleaning on them.
If you find bad pin/crimp from connector its sometimes needed to remove it from plastic connector body for better access and maybe change it instead of cleaning. This might need a tool for removing the pin/crimp from housing and also specific pliers to connect wire to the new pin/crimp. Nowdays these tools are well available and not so expensive than before. Type of connector (AMP, Deutch..etc) are found on connector body. (i usually go directly for chancing the pins/crimps, but i happens to own all major connector type tools used on vehicles and most types pins/crimps on drawer, so its easyer for me)

The connections to this box?

Old 05-09-2024, 01:25 PM

The connections to this box?
Yes, thats central junction box.

The following users liked this post:
JaguarXJL15 (05-09-2024)
Old 05-16-2024, 12:26 PM

Where is this sensor located "P0142‑00 Oxygen sensor circuit. Bank 1 ‑ sensor 3 Historic"

Old 07-11-2024, 10:38 AM

My engine light used to come on once every 2 weeks now its turning on every time I drive due to this error code U0447‑00 Invalid data received from gateway A this used to be intermittent now its permanent

1. Diagnostic Context: This error code is usually associated with a vehicle's network or communication system, where the gateway module (Gateway A) has detected invalid or corrupted data from another module or sensor.
  2. Possible Causes:
    • Faulty Communication: There could be a wiring issue, loose connections, or a malfunctioning module that is sending incorrect data.
    • Module Failure: One of the control modules (like a body control module or engine control module) may be failing or sending corrupted signals.
    • Software Glitch: Occasionally, software bugs or glitches can cause erroneous data to be transmitted.
  3. Diagnostic Steps:
    • Check for Other Codes: Sometimes, additional diagnostic trouble codes (DTCs) might accompany this error, providing more specific clues about the issue.
    • Inspect Wiring and Connections: Ensure all wiring harnesses and connectors related to the gateway module and the module mentioned (Gateway A) are securely connected and not damaged.
    • Scan with Diagnostic Tool: Use a professional diagnostic tool to scan the vehicle's network and modules. This can help pinpoint which module is experiencing communication issues.
    • Clear and Monitor: Clear the error code and monitor the vehicle to see if the issue reoccurs. If it does, note the conditions under which the error appears (e.g., specific driving conditions, temperatures) as this information can assist in further diagnosis.
    • Update Software: If applicable, check for any available software updates for the affected modules. Sometimes, manufacturers release updates to address known issues or bugs.
    • Consult Professional Help: If you're not familiar with vehicle diagnostics or if the issue persists despite basic checks, it may be necessary to consult a qualified mechanic or dealership. They can perform more advanced diagnostics and repairs using specialized tools and knowledge.
  4. Safety Note: It's important to address communication errors promptly, as they can affect various vehicle systems and potentially lead to performance issues or safety concerns.
Addressing "U0447-00 Invalid data received from gateway A" involves systematic troubleshooting of the vehicle's communication network and modules. By following these steps, you can work towards identifying and resolving the underlying cause of the issue.

Question is where is gateway module (Gateway A) located ??

Last edited by JaguarXJL15; 07-11-2024 at 10:45 AM.
Old 07-17-2024, 06:33 AM

Is bank 1 on the passenger side on these cars? or drivers side?

Last edited by JaguarXJL15; 07-17-2024 at 06:35 AM.
Old 07-17-2024, 08:26 AM

Bank 1 is passenger side (normally drivers side in the UK - easiest rule of thumb to remember). 1,3,5,7 passenger cylinders and 2,4,6,8 drivers on left hand side.

Old 07-17-2024, 08:28 AM
Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Did you need to program a new module using SDD when you replaced this?

Old 07-17-2024, 08:32 AM

No plug and play for most auxiliary modules. An ECU would need coding to the VIN for example.