XJ ( X351 ) 2009 - 2019

ECU Tuning Group | Jaguar XJ/XJL Supercharged ECU Upgrade

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2011, 06:42 PM
Veteran Member
Received 263 Likes on 203 Posts

Originally Posted by sales@ECU Tuning Group
Prior to reprogramming your ECU, we update it with the latest data straight from the factory and we tune around that. So when you walk into your local service center, they already see that you have the latest software. As time goes by, and if by any chance your ECU gets flashed back to stock, we offer 2 free reflashes where on the third, there is a fee.
That is not true if you take your car to a dealer with a driveability issue or if a software upgrade comes up on DDW or as a bulletin to be performed on next service visit the car will be reflashed to the latest software level. The tech will just go in & reflash the car. Jaguar are constantally updating the software on these cars & don't tell the dealers what they have changed. I would be very interested in the reflash for my own 2011 XJL Supercharged as well as customers cars.

Old 12-21-2011, 10:48 PM
Former Sponsor
Received 40 Likes on 23 Posts

Correct, just like all vehicle manufacturers and not specific to Jaguars, they are updating the software in the ECU whenever an upgrade is available. Because of this, we offer 2 free reflashes, where on the third there is a fee.

Old 12-22-2011, 01:04 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Ok, I've been following this thread since the beginning. I have dealt with Jags before. The guy knows what he is doing. He set me up with his custom tune and pulley for my 10' XFR. It was an absolute beast after everything was installed (tune and pulley). In fact it was such a beast that I ended up trading in the XFR and getting a XJ to bring me me back to reality. My XFR was scary fast (dyno'd locally was 556 to the crank), being in my early 50's it scared the crap out of me and I needed to be brought back down to reality. You guys want some serious HP and a need for speed, look no further he has what what you need!

The following users liked this post:
edobernig (01-19-2012)
Old 12-22-2011, 01:14 PM
Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Jimmy I am in my early 50's as well and I can't wait to get the mods done to my XJR.

P.S. sometimes that stuff needs to come out...lol

Old 12-23-2011, 06:55 AM
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Default ECM Questions

Still curious if ECUTuning would purchase the ECM for us and send us a tuned ECM we can just plug in. Seems like a no-brainer, especially if it's only $1100 for a new ECM.

ECUTuning, can you confirm the part # for the ECM...assume there's only one, but not sure if the supercharged is different than the non. The parts website shows 2, but seem like the same one.

Would be a great service if you could do this turnkey (again, would prepay for the service), so the car isn't down for two days.

Thanks for your help!

Old 12-23-2011, 05:19 PM
Veteran Member
Received 263 Likes on 203 Posts

I have to aske where the $1100. price for the ECU came from. I can verify pricing on Tuesday but that seems quite cheap. It is a common practice to ship your ECU out for upgrades, but unheard of for someone to invest is units for exchange.

Old 12-23-2011, 07:31 PM

Originally Posted by JgaXkr
I have to aske where the $1100. price for the ECU came from. I can verify pricing on Tuesday but that seems quite cheap. It is a common practice to ship your ECU out for upgrades, but unheard of for someone to invest is units for exchange.
I always got two units with other cars so I could have a stock one to put in for emergencies and $1000 is actually pretty expensive for an ECM only. Typically between $3-600.

This probably violates forum rules, and mod, please take it down if so, but the ECM is listed here for $1085:

HTML Code:
http://www.gaudinjaguarparts.com/partlocator/index.cfm?action=getJointLocator&siteid=214626&chapter=&sectionids=3,2413&groupid=2424&subgroupid=3833&componentid=10222&make=16&model=XJ%20Series&year=2011&catalogid=2&displayCatalogid=0
and listed here for $998:

HTML Code:
http://www.parts.com/oemcatalog/index.cfm?action=getPartLocator&siteid=2&chapter=ERB4726&sectionids=3,2413&groupid=2424&subgroupid=3833&componentid=10223&makeid=16&model=XJ%20Series&year=2011&catalogid=2&displayCatalogid=0

Last edited by icarus77; 12-23-2011 at 07:47 PM. Reason: add link
Old 12-28-2011, 09:21 PM

Correct, just like all vehicle manufacturers and not specific to Jaguars, they are updating the software in the ECU whenever an upgrade is available. Because of this, we offer 2 free reflashes, where on the third there is a fee.

Broken record here, but do you have a dyno comparison you could post? What AFR do you target vs. stock (curious how rich it is stock)?

Also, do you have instructions for ECM removal?

Thanks!

Dochands (12-29-2011)
Old 01-17-2012, 09:31 AM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Bump for dyno, afr, and ecu R/R

Originally Posted by icarus77
Broken record here, but do you have a dyno comparison you could post? What AFR do you target vs. stock (curious how rich it is stock)?

Also, do you have instructions for ECM removal?

Thanks!
I have a flash programmer. Can I email you the stock file, then you email me the mod file? That way I can go back to stock or rr flash tune as needed.

Old 01-17-2012, 12:00 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I wonder if this relay worth it and are the gains noticeable.... Even if it is I have another supercar I dont need my luxury S/C'd jag to hit +170mph and risk the warranty if it runs to lean. But the rush of accelerating is outrageous stock so I am very interested in a customer writeup on the pulley and tune...

Old 01-17-2012, 05:07 PM

Originally Posted by 11XJL-SC ATL
I wonder if this relay worth it and are the gains noticeable.... Even if it is I have another supercar I dont need my luxury S/C'd jag to hit +170mph and risk the warranty if it runs to lean. But the rush of accelerating is outrageous stock so I am very interested in a customer writeup on the pulley and tune...
You can think about it this way...if you tune a SC model, basically you get a Super Sport model, and you can certainly notice the difference.

The motors (internals) in all SC cars are the same motor in the XKR-S. Of course, I just want everything I own to be the fastest it can be...limo or supercar.

And admittedly, it's a neverending pursuit that I will not win until I can plop down $2M on the hopped up Veyron...then I'll want a jet fighter to space shuttle.

Essentially, it's a disease...we just make the best of the disorder. Also keep in mind that running "too lean" is also still controlled by the ECM and the timing retard will still cut you off. I sprayed a 700hp LS 427 with a 150 shot of nitrous and it found the "knock sensor" pretty damn fast...drove it another 15K miles after that .

I just gotta get off my lazy bum and send in the ECM...not a big fan of mail order tunes, but best I can find for the Jags.

Old 01-18-2012, 10:31 AM
Received 51 Likes on 48 Posts

Yes, this need for speed that we have is definitely an affliction! I just need someone to be the guinea pig on this and post some proof before I pull the trigger.

Old 01-18-2012, 01:20 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by HouTexJag
Yes, this need for speed that we have is definitely an affliction! I just need someone to be the guinea pig on this and post some proof before I pull the trigger.
Please view skforza's post on the first page of this thread. We reprogrammed his car not too long ago. I am sure he wouldn't mind if you contacted him for any questions.

Old 01-18-2012, 01:39 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by 11XJL-SC ATL
All tunes are completely undetectable to factory to diagnostics. If the service center reflashes your vehicle back to stock, we offer 2 free reflashes where on the third there is a fee.

We even tune for many dealerships. For dealership references, please contact us via phone at your convenience.

Originally Posted by icarus77
You can think about it this way...if you tune a SC model, basically you get a Super Sport model, and you can certainly notice the difference.

The motors (internals) in all SC cars are the same motor in the XKR-S. Of course, I just want everything I own to be the fastest it can be...limo or supercar.

I just gotta get off my lazy bum and send in the ECM...not a big fan of mail order tunes, but best I can find for the Jags.
Icarus77, you got it on the dot.

Every single customer has been ecstatic about the tune. Such a huge difference is to be felt when tuning the vehicle.

We have recently blogged about the XKR-S we have done. Check it out here

Jaguar XKR-S

Old 01-18-2012, 01:42 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by teachdocs
I have a flash programmer. Can I email you the stock file, then you email me the mod file? That way I can go back to stock or rr flash tune as needed.
Unfortunately, our software only works with our tools.

Old 01-20-2012, 03:13 PM
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Listen tuners. If your sitting here reading these threads and hesitating. You really aren't into it. Why? You own a xj. A supersport is 20k on top of the regular SC. What is 1500 really? Also for.synopsis haven't got it done yet. Don't need to. I owned a CL65 AMG,S63AMG, and ML63. And trust me the difference in power is unreal including, the tranny shifts much different on sports mode more responsive.

Old 01-21-2012, 09:38 AM
Default Trust me......

Originally Posted by Skforza
Listen tuners. If your sitting here reading these threads and hesitating. You really aren't into it. Why? You own a xj. A supersport is 20k on top of the regular SC. What is 1500 really? Also for.synopsis haven't got it done yet. Don't need to. I owned a CL65 AMG,S63AMG, and ML63. And trust me the difference in power is unreal including, the tranny shifts much different on sports mode more responsive.
I am glad to hear you are enjoying your tune and find the power unreal!
I would enjoy your synopsis in detail. I think there are some of us, me included, that simply need more information before buying.
Just because I am hesitating, doesn't mean I am not into it. It's not the $1500, it's the possible 20K for a new motor. In addition to the power gains, we need to see full dyno reports before and after including AFR, etc. Just saying that the ECU will adapt, is not enough for me. It is quite possible to exceed fuel delivery capacity and run into lean conditions for example.
Also, the butt dyno is great, but does it actually make the car faster? Quarter mile times, 0-60 mph, 100 feet as compared to stock are all typical results that a good tuner should have available on their products. They post brake horsepower, not rear wheel horsepower. I'm sure they didn't take a motor out of a Jag to get this result. It is estimated from the dyno RWHP. I have not seen any accurate report of drivetrain loss percentage for the Jag XF, although it can be estimated from a dyno result compared to factory specs.
All in all, I am glad to hear that your butt dyno is happy, but serious tuners who mod their cars simply need more detail.
Looking forward to some more detail!

xjb (01-22-2012)
Old 01-21-2012, 09:49 AM
Default Gotta have it.

Unfortunately, our software only works with our tools.
Periodic software updates from the dealer are the new norm and are not going away. Removing your ECU and sending it in for a flash is old school.
OBDII flash devices are cheap and readily available.
Protecting the vendors tune technology is also very easy to make it VIN specific.
The ability to reflash back to stock, and then back to tune yourself is a big deal. In addition, you can have more than one tune depending on the fuel octane you are able to get.
Paying $250 for a flash device, downloading your factory parameters, emailing the file, receiving an updated tune for $1500, then loading the new tune is the only way to go.
I urge you to move forward with this technology for your tunes. I guarantee you will sell more tunes and everyone will be much happier!
Thanks!

xjb (01-22-2012)
Old 01-21-2012, 10:32 AM
Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts
Smile

Believe you me it has nothing to do with the $1500. The issue I have is trying to find someone in Houston that can do the job and do it correctly. My car is either in my sight or tucked away in its room. I would think that Houston being the 4th largest city in the US, that it's here somewhere. Hell everything else is here. My search continues..

Old 01-21-2012, 04:43 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Realllllly?
Any one with a 2011 S/C Jag is not concerned with $1500
Being into tuning and being an informed consumer are 2 different things...
Any good tuner has dyno results and the best tuners sell programers which will keep thier tune and give you the option to flash back to factory...
Im glad you are happy with this product, why not post a youtube of the dyno session and dyno chart that shows the difference between the stock file and pully?
Thats a better question than why hesitate over $1500....

Quick Reply: ECU Tuning Group | Jaguar XJ/XJL Supercharged ECU Upgrade