XJ ( X351 ) 2009 - 2019

ECU Tuning Group | Jaguar XJ/XJL Supercharged ECU Upgrade

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2012, 10:27 AM
Veteran Member
Received 594 Likes on 422 Posts

Originally Posted by icarus77
Bruce, I also just noticed that you stated 21:1 AFR, and then realized I had also done that in my OP. 12 was my dyslexic intent, but it still stands that it means nothing because the first runs didn't have the sensor.

On my na engines, I ran 13.5-15 AFR.

Apologies.
I'm with Bruce on the AFR values. 13.5-15 is fine for light throttle, low RPM cruising. For full throttle accelerations near redline RPMs I want to see the AFR set to under 12. When I programmed my high boost, twin turbo RX-7 I set my AFRs to be just under 11 at 8000 RPM. It is a bit rich there and it should be.

Albert

Old 08-03-2012, 03:56 PM
Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

I have the address of the 'shop' in Brooklyn NY. As luck would have it, the shop is right off the Belt Parkway. I must have passed 100's of times. I'll be going to NYC in November and will be stopping in.
510hp to 575hp. I did read 605hp somewhere - for $1995.00

~It's a GO~

Old 08-04-2012, 06:44 AM
Veteran Member
Received 357 Likes on 174 Posts

Guys, I have through this in the XF and XK sections with Bruce. The stock A/ does not change with the tune or the pulley. The Factory target A/F remains the same.

I hav mad many dyno runs on my XFR and on different dyno's to prove it and posted the slips in other threads. The sniffer on icarus dyno may have been off.
The tune with pulley from ECUTG is hands down the best, and they give you a nice tool to get the pulley off very easy unlike all the other tools.
I do agree the price is high for the tune and pulley but they do provide great results that other tunes can not match. And the service is spot on so that akes it worth it to me.

Far as power goes , my opinion is that max power gains on all jags except the -S models will only hit 565hp mark and not the 590-605 hp. But I dont care since the car pulls like a raped ape with no side effects. Even has been to the dealer many times with no issues.

Last edited by BigCat09; 08-04-2012 at 06:48 AM.
The following users liked this post:
Pa.Bill (08-05-2012)
Old 08-05-2012, 07:57 AM
Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by BigCat09
Guys, I have through this in the XF and XK sections with Bruce. The stock A/ does not change with the tune or the pulley. The Factory target A/F remains the same.

I hav mad many dyno runs on my XFR and on different dyno's to prove it and posted the slips in other threads. The sniffer on icarus dyno may have been off.
The tune with pulley from ECUTG is hands down the best, and they give you a nice tool to get the pulley off very easy unlike all the other tools.
I do agree the price is high for the tune and pulley but they do provide great results that other tunes can not match. And the service is spot on so that akes it worth it to me.

Far as power goes , my opinion is that max power gains on all jags except the -S models will only hit 565hp mark and not the 590-605 hp. But I dont care since the car pulls like a raped ape with no side effects. Even has been to the dealer many times with no issues.
Nice post.
When you state "All jags except the -S models will only hit 565hp mark and not the 590-605hp" You feel the Supersport 510hp will only hit 565hp?

~Thanks~
BILL------------------------->

Old 08-06-2012, 07:06 AM
Veteran Member

Yes, The XKR-S model has a diffeent exhaust setup than the rest that allows it to make a lil more power, not 605hp but a lil more than the rest of the units do.
Honestly, I think all the 5.0L S/C model make the same power and the tranny ECU is what seperates them all by limiting the output. These cars can make much more power if there were more tuners out there helping but what we have here is a super safe tune that pleases almost everyone.

Pa.Bill (08-07-2012)
Old 09-20-2012, 10:35 AM
Veteran Member

Guys, this tune is working very strong. Here is my proof that records can be set with it.

Old 09-24-2012, 11:34 AM
Received 44 Likes on 29 Posts
Default Missing Dyno Result Big NoNo

Guys,
I had established providers do ECU tuning on my Porsche and my CLS63 before. In all those cases it was a "send in ECU receive back in 48 hours" thing.
BUT in all those cases I was offered lifetime FREE re-flash AND free "back to stock" flash. Now, with the hassle taking out and sending in ECU there is no risk of customers abusing that policy. But never knowing when dealer could re-flash I would like to see unlimited free re-flash and in case of warranty issues a free stock re-flash.
BUT what I am missing most is WHERE ARE THE DYNO TEST RESULTS DOCUMENTED? In order to determine the actual gain there must be a DYNO test somewhere or how would they know what the gain is?
Can somebody point me to a page where the DYNO is posted.
I am almost certain I want to go that route (without pully) but there is no way I would do that without seeing dyno info. All the tuners I worked with previously provided those or simply had those posted as part of their specs.
So, please somebody point me to that and I am game. Also I still didn't see any feedback from anybody who actually did the tune.

Old 09-25-2012, 09:46 AM
Veteran Member

Gears: I have documented the whole process as icarus77 has. Just click the link in my sig to see the dyno,timeslip,videoes, etc. Everything you could ask for is there.
In this thread there is some dyno sheets and on ECUTG blog there is a sheet also.

Whats better about ECUTG is that they mailyou the laptop to do it so there is no waiting time at all. Anytime you need a change let them know and they will send the laptop to you to make that change or return to stock at any time you want. Very simple and since your doing it you can see what is done.

gears (10-10-2012)
Old 10-02-2012, 10:23 AM
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by gears
Guys,
I had established providers do ECU tuning on my Porsche and my CLS63 before. In all those cases it was a "send in ECU receive back in 48 hours" thing.
BUT in all those cases I was offered lifetime FREE re-flash AND free "back to stock" flash. Now, with the hassle taking out and sending in ECU there is no risk of customers abusing that policy. But never knowing when dealer could re-flash I would like to see unlimited free re-flash and in case of warranty issues a free stock re-flash.
BUT what I am missing most is WHERE ARE THE DYNO TEST RESULTS DOCUMENTED? In order to determine the actual gain there must be a DYNO test somewhere or how would they know what the gain is?
Can somebody point me to a page where the DYNO is posted.
I am almost certain I want to go that route (without pully) but there is no way I would do that without seeing dyno info. All the tuners I worked with previously provided those or simply had those posted as part of their specs.
So, please somebody point me to that and I am game. Also I still didn't see any feedback from anybody who actually did the tune.
gears haha i had a CL65, S63, ML63 hows the switch over to JAG?

Old 10-03-2012, 08:53 AM

The CLS63 was a bit more "brute". Or should I say "harder"? Bit more power and the 7 speed made a difference to the Jag. But the Jag is way more comfortable. The power "feels" less even so the numbers are close. The lower weight is a plus, the missing 7th gear a minus. I hear the 2013 will come with a 8 speed box.
The CLS63 Pretended to be more sporty than it was once I had it on the track. Was too heavy pushing hard in the front, killing my AMG brake disks (warped) and the trans went on strike several times due to over temp. So much for AMG on a real track rather than the street.
But I LOVED the 63 AMG engine. I wouldn't mind that enging in the Jag.

Old 10-04-2012, 08:13 AM
Veteran Member

Off Topic but heres my 2 cents : Last night Ray Catena Jaguar had a invintational to see the new All Wheel Drive Jaguars. The new tranny is nice and all, but now they are not mated to the same power plants. So if you want the new tranny you will get the 340hp AWD version. They must already know that the 510hp variant will lunch the new tranny to not offer in that trim.
Now the new F-Type has an all new 8 Speed " Quick Shift" Tranny that I think they borrowed from BMW? I know the X5M/X6M use our current ZF tranny and they have broken many of them with power upgrades like ecu tunes, bigger turbos, etc.
The max TQ rating of the new 8 speed is only 516FT LBS of TQ. That is not much of an improvement but has some other good plus', Read here: ZF 8HP transmission - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

So my take on what I have heard is the new Jags will add some more please, efficiency, and smoothness, but will add a tall stalk type shifter that I dislike very much and it will not hold much more power so for me being an R owner I would be out from buying one. It would bother me to look at that BMW stalk shifter all the time versus the current Rotary shifter we have which is unique.
I may move on to either a Tesla Model S, Fisker Karma, Audi A7 if I want to cruise lightly in luxury. I will buy a second car for a performance needs. Kinda miss the GTR, 997 type of fun.

Old 10-10-2012, 01:10 PM

Hi,
Thanks for the response. It is appreciated. I will check the link. Thanks again.

Old 11-13-2012, 02:10 PM
Former Sponsor
Received 40 Likes on 23 Posts

Hey Guys!

An ETG representative will be around Boston and Connecticut until Sunday. If any of you are interested in having your vehicles programmed, please contact me immediately.

Sorry for the short notice!

Kind regards,

ECU Tuning Group

Old 11-23-2012, 09:48 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Do you know if this upgrade is also compatible with XJs equipped with the Sport and Speed packs? Do you have a copy of this specific original software if I needed to revert back?
Finally, do you do any additional coding - like playing DVDs while in motion, deleting the Accept button in the Navigation, etc?

Old 01-20-2013, 01:29 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by avus9
Do you know if this upgrade is also compatible with XJs equipped with the Sport and Speed packs? Do you have a copy of this specific original software if I needed to revert back?
Finally, do you do any additional coding - like playing DVDs while in motion, deleting the Accept button in the Navigation, etc?
Bump for anybody with answers. Considering losing the XJL SC for an XJ SC or XJ SS with speed pack. Is there a problem with compatibility? Anybody have any issues since the tuning? Street performance reports?

Thanks!
PMMD

Old 01-21-2013, 04:44 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have two issues since tuning; 1) not enough open road to find the maximum speed, and 2) State Troopers

pmichaelmd (01-21-2013)
Old 02-24-2013, 09:16 PM

This is so tempting!! I am really thinking about this.

Old 05-31-2013, 12:48 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Has anyone looked into this lately? I would love to add extra horses to my XJR. I've done OBDII ECU remaps to other cars I've owned in the past and have been happy with the results.

Old 06-12-2013, 09:33 AM
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

ECU tuning Group will be my tuning group from here on out.

MY X351 is perfect with pulley, ECU tune, K&N filters, Mina exhaust perfect combo. keep up the good work :icon_flamethrow :

Old 04-08-2015, 09:43 AM

I am wondering how or do you have dealer performing upgrades here in Singapore?

I am looking forward to see how I can upgrade my current ride which is a 2010 Supersport.

Quick Reply: ECU Tuning Group | Jaguar XJ/XJL Supercharged ECU Upgrade