XJ ( X351 ) 2009 - 2019

Flat battery nightmare!

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2017, 01:27 AM
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Flat battery nightmare!

Hi,

So i have left the jag (2011 x351)for around 6 weeks and tried to get in it yesterday...

The battery was totally drained, doors wouldn't open etc.

After a battle with the key entry, I managed to get into the Jag and open the bonnet. I popped a charger on to the charging point and initially the alarm went off for about 10 minutes then stopped. I left it like this for about 4 hours. came back and it is still dead, boot won't open nothing happening inside the car.

Tried a different battery charger, this time the lights flash on very quickly then off again, left it like this for 12 hours, the car is still dead no power at all.

Tonight I am going to try and hook up a car to the charging point with jump leads and then try and open the boot (no I won't be starting the car from this charging point).

Does anyone else have any ideas or suggestions?

Old 06-15-2017, 10:13 AM
Received 10 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Flat battery Boot Open Procedure

I think you need to connect to the actual battery to recharge. I had the same problem and followed the attached procedure to get the boot open then was able to connect charger to battery to charge. Hope this helps.

Attached Files
File Type: pdf
FlatBatteryBootOpen.pdf (201.3 KB, 94 views)
Old 06-15-2017, 03:15 PM
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Hi, yes that's exactly what was needed. The RAC came out and he said the earth that I was connected to was probably one of the reasons it wasn't working, that and that the battery charger I had connected to the system wasn't really up to the job.

He hooked his van up and the boot opened within 30 seconds, then a couple of minutes as a slave and the car started. Left it hooked up to his mains for about 25 minutes and now it's hooked up to a mains charger for the night, fingers crossed that the battery isn't dead.

Incidentally, the car had a round 75 faults after it came alive, gearbox, breaks etc he cleared them all and they haven't come back on, yet!