XJ ( X351 ) 2009 - 2019

Front driver side signal light not working...

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2020, 08:40 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Front driver side signal light not working...

Hey, I've replace my head light twice already. The first time I replaced it, everything worked except the signal light. So I returned it thinking it was the light. Then I bought another light and the same exact issue...signal light not working but everything else works. I've search for a fuse online but no luck. Have anyone ran into that issue or have a possible solution?

Old 11-04-2020, 09:39 AM
Veteran Member
Received 2,408 Likes on 1,894 Posts

No car info?
Year,model, engine?

Old 11-04-2020, 06:55 PM
Veteran member
Received 3,909 Likes on 3,211 Posts

Terry, I am making a few assumptions here, so, please bear with me. I have the diagrams for a 2012 XJ. Granted, these wires should be good for atleast the 2010 thru 2015 cars (non-LED headlight cars, but potentially even these). Lets first start with proving what works and what doesn't. If you turn on your running lights, does the yellow side marker on this headlight assembly turn on too? If yes, then we know that the ground wire is good. If no, then the problem is most likely the ground wire coming out of pin 1 (black wire) from the headlight housing. If it is the ground wire, then a simple hand over hand should find the problem as the wire should be grounded there near the headlight.

Assuming that the side marker light lights, then this leaves either a bad wire or the central junction box has an issue. This is where I would say that you need to disconnect the headlight and find pin 3 with a blue wire having a green stripe. The easiest check is to use a toner and put a tone on that wire and then check the fuse box in the back seat arm rest to see if the tone is making it back there. if it is, then you have a problem inside your fuse box. If you are not getting a tone there, then you have an open wire and using the tone, you can follow the wire bundle and where the tone stops is really close to where you will find the damaged wire that will need to be repaired. The toners can be found on places like e-bay for fairly cheap. The device that I am talking about is something like this: https://www.ebay.com/itm/RJ11-RJ45-C...MAAOSwR-9d4-sA.

There are tons of variations of this and once you learn how to use it, you will find it very handy. makes sorting out CAT5 cables and coax cables very easy.

The following users liked this post:
wombat (11-04-2020)
Old 10-31-2023, 03:39 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Terry Fleming
Hey, I've replace my head light twice already. The first time I replaced it, everything worked except the signal light. So I returned it thinking it was the light. Then I bought another light and the same exact issue...signal light not working but everything else works. I've search for a fuse online but no luck. Have anyone ran into that issue or have a possible solution?
Yes, I Do, had the exact same issue, I though I could use the Icarsoft LR v3.0 to reset the light, but said the vehicle didn't support, so did a quick fault erase and back in action, people now know which way I am intending to go. Jules