Got my 2012 XJL Supercharged

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2012, 03:15 PM
Received 49 Likes on 35 Posts

Welcome to the family.

Old 02-20-2012, 02:01 PM
Veteran Member
Received 167 Likes on 120 Posts

IMHO the short wheelbase looks better. And the new XJ only looks good in black or very dark hues.

Wolfy

Old 04-03-2012, 05:18 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Congrats on your new XJ. I also intend to purchase an XJL Supercharged sometime in the future. Regarding the ride quality, where I live the XJ comes only with 19in wheels which in my experience actually rode better than an S-class with 17in wheels & at least as good as a BMW 7-series (on 18 inchers).
I have a question regarding the XJ - Does it actually have illuminated steering wheel control stalks?
Thanks!

Old 04-04-2012, 11:39 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

A couple questions...
-Does the XJ have illuminated steering wheel control stalks at night?
-Are the power rear seats & butterfly headrests available in the XJL SC? I believe Jag offers it only in the SS variant.
Thanks.

Old 04-05-2012, 09:25 AM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Lexusboy
A couple questions...
-Does the XJ have illuminated steering wheel control stalks at night?
-Are the power rear seats & butterfly headrests available in the XJL SC? I believe Jag offers it only in the SS variant.
Thanks.
I don't believe the SC has the features you are asking.

Old 04-30-2012, 09:58 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Manager demo vehicles

I would recommend looking at manufacturer/manager demo units. Great pricing on those and they are untitled, so you get all of the benefits of new ownership. I got a GREAT deal on my 2012 XJL Supercharged. Had been driven by corporate for 5000 miles, untitled. Ended up below dealer cost after negotiations were finished. Also helped that I did it the last day of the month.

Best of both worlds to me!

Regards,
PMMD

Old 12-06-2012, 12:19 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hi Louis,

This is interesting - thinking about buying my first "new" Jag my wife will want to kill me so ofcourse I want to avoid paying MSRP. I read with interest the following:

Originally Posted by Holein1
I started with an Internet based request .... my final price was $9300 off MSRP .....
I would like to buy/order via a deposit a "base" F-Type 2013 the list for $69,000 MSRP, the only option I want is beleive it or not a garage door opener - and it seems just to get this one simple "enhancement" I have to buy the PREMIUM PACK (F-TYPE) with a MSRP of $3,000: which among other things seems to be the only way to get a "programmable Garage Door Opener for increased convenience at home". Note, I would love to just pay for an integrated "garage door opener" and skip the rest of the PREMIUM PACK (F-TYPE) if possible to save money.

So essentially I have a car I want 2013 F-Type (base model) $69,000 and one option PREMIUM PACK (F-TYPE) $3,000 for a total MSRP of $72,000.

I read that you can put down a deposit on a F-TYPE (fully refundable - as it must be in California) and custom order an F-TYPE. Can I negotiate any sort of deal here off of MSRP and what do you think would be my range in percent (%) off of MSRP if I do what you did.

I copied what I think is the relevant items in the thread from you below:

I started with an Internet based request for proposal from all the dealers within 70 miles.
Ask for Robert Katch at Galpin. He was great and very knowledgeable, unlike most of the sales guys at other dealers.
Yes. It's a 2012. The MSRP was $92475. You can tell Robert that Louis referred you. Tell him I was the guy that was referred to them by the people at Spyker.
It was pure discount on the new car. I didn't bring up the trade until the end of the negotiation. They were very good about my trade-in and they really tried to get the best price for me. They had my car overnight for their resell partners to look at and got me several hundred extra.

By the way, most dealer would only negotiate higher discounts on cars that they have on the lot. Galpin got me the specific car that I saw at Rusnak via a dealer trade; the car had just arrived at the lot and hadn't even been prep yet. Too bad for the guys at Rusnak, I would have agreed to a deal with them had they been willing to reduce it by just a couple of hundred more. Galpin's deal ended up being almost $800 better than I was asking for at Rusnak.
Essentially you bought "next years model" e.g. year 2012 at the end of 2011 in late December. Basically I want to do the same e.g. buy a 2013 F-Type in December of 2012. The big difference here for me (and maybe others) is A) that the F-TYPE cars are not at the local dealers yet - so nothing is on the lots yet and B) I would like to pre-order it with a deposit (yes Jagaur is taking deposits on the F-Type).

I would appreciate any advise from any member concerning ordering this $72,000 MSRP ($69,000 + $3,000) vehicle.

(attached: is a V8 the base F-Type is a V6 with different stock wheels f-type_ice_blue-image_crop_11pct.jpg)

Attached Thumbnails Got my 2012 XJL Supercharged-f-type_ice_blue-image_crop_11pct.jpg  
Old 12-06-2012, 02:08 PM
Received 149 Likes on 113 Posts

If the F-type is as popular as the XJ was when it was first released, you will probably not have much wiggle room in negotiations and have to pay full MSRP. I tried to get an XJ when it was first released and no dealer would take anything less than MSRP. In fact, I had some fairly honest conversations with a dealer and they told me to wait until the newness of the model wore off and they would be willing to deal then, but not at launch. I waited 9 months then went back and they were more than flexible in their pricing.

Old 12-07-2012, 09:45 AM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

It's hard to know this early in a brand new model what the demand will be and what kind of discount Jag dealers will offer. The best way is to just send your interest to buy to as many dealers as you can and see what they offer. You can then play the dealer against each other to bid lower than each other. There are always some dealers that are more aggressive with pricing than others.