XJ ( X351 ) 2009 - 2019

had a little fling with an old love.....emotions rushing back!

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2016, 02:23 PM
Veteran Member
Received 206 Likes on 189 Posts
Default had a little fling with an old love.....emotions rushing back!

i've had every model XJ starting since 2003, they've all been either VPD or XJL's........except for now. about a year ago my dealer calls me up, tells me there's an AWD model on the showroom floor that he's willing to let go for stupid cheap. I went and test drove it...definitely noticed the difference in power from the 5.0L....but liked the fact that it was AWD since we do tend to get a bit of snow here. for the price, i couldnt say no!!

throughout the ownership experience, I was noticing the power difference more and more. also the 8 speed transmission was a little slow (compared to the 8 speed in my 3 series). I was getting bored but I was living with it.......untill i saw an XFR for sale near my house, test drove it.....and walked out of the dealership with it. now I have no use for 2 big Jags....so I gave it to my father to carry out the lease.

my wife recently underwent spinal surgery (everything went well thank god) but needed something comfortable to ride in to and from doctors visits the XFR was just too harsh for her....so I switched cars with my dad since the XJ is a cloud on wheels (my wife immediately noticed the difference).

its been about 3 months since i gave the XJ to my dad, and i've had it for a week so far.....and my feelings are all coming back. I love this car so freaking much! it just oozes comfort, luxury and sex! Despite how large it is, i forgot how small it becomes when you toss it around bends at speed! But then you immediately remember how large it is when you cant find a decently sized parking spot in the city

i know what the next step is, XJR, and now that the have it in LWB, its definitely the one! just waiting on my new startup to pick up a bit so I can splurge.