XJ ( X351 ) 2009 - 2019

Heated winshield glare

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2011, 01:41 PM
Received 171 Likes on 141 Posts

I have had my new XJ 10 days now and have had heated screens in 4 of my previous jaguars, even have it in my work van. I found the very first car that had a heated screen annoyed me for a few weeks as I found my eyes were constantly focusing on the actual screen as the sight of the elements was a new thing to me, you need to really make sure you are focussing beyond the screen and then you will not notice the elements, beleive me it does get easier and before long you wont even notice them.
Best of luck with the new car.

Old 03-13-2011, 06:52 PM
Received 49 Likes on 35 Posts

I find the heated windshield annoying at night. Like you said its due to the glare of the lights which look fuzzy and my eyes having to continuously focus.

Old 03-14-2011, 02:11 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I hate the heated windshield. Even with the worst winter in NY in decades I would take it without the heated windshield in a second. I asked Jaguar if they would do anything as I believe it is a safety hazard. They of course said nope.It seems that people who wear glasses and have certain prescriptions find it much worse. I have my vehicle 6 months and see it everytime I drive.

Old 03-14-2011, 04:30 PM
Len
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default heated windshield

I have the heated windshield, and I would have opted out if I had driven a demo with it. First, I don't think a whole lot of owners park their car outside in snow/ice conditions. Second, even if they do, its seasonal and the windshield issue is forever.

I have gotten a bit used to it but new passengers find it annoying.

Old 03-20-2011, 09:28 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have a heated windshield on our Land Rover LR3. I have never actually activated it nor did I notice it until I obsessed about whether or not I should have gotten it on my XJSC. You can certainly notice the lines if you focus on them, I choose not to, but to be fair, I do not wear glasses.

I do not have a heated windshield on my XJSC and I am fine not having it.

Old 06-25-2011, 02:25 PM
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I got the heated windscreen, but only because it came with a really loaded car that I got an otherwise good deal on. I think.

Anyway, the heated windscreen has caused no discernible glare, and I don't notice any lines or other visible distractions. I haven't had occasion to use it yet, other than to test that it came on when the button was pressed, but so far so good.

Old 06-26-2011, 03:31 PM
Received 49 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by gostratusgray
I got the heated windscreen, but only because it came with a really loaded car that I got an otherwise good deal on. I think.

Anyway, the heated windscreen has caused no discernible glare, and I don't notice any lines or other visible distractions. I haven't had occasion to use it yet, other than to test that it came on when the button was pressed, but so far so good.
I have used it and it works well. Its just the glare from it. I don't even know if I would call it a glare but more of a blurriness at night when light hits it.