XJ ( X351 ) 2009 - 2019

I am now a Jaguar owner!

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2016, 10:10 AM
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by XJsss
CPO is Certified Pre Ownerd and they have over 150 items they have to check and they have to do whatever it takes to return a car to "as built" condition taking into account some wear and tare for milege. CPO specs tires must be in good condition and have many miles left on them same with brakes wipers etc. etc. Did they give you the CPO warrany od 6 years (total from in service date and 100k miles) Certified Pre-Owned Program Benefits | Jaguar USA
Yep, I thought it was pretty cut and dry also.

The car was initially offered without the CPO certification. I asked about it and the dealer said the car was qualified to be CPO certified if I wanted. I said yes, so he called back a few hours later and said he had CPO certified the car - increase in price of $2,000. I suspect that they did nothing as far as the certification checklist goes, and merely enrolled it in the CPO extended warranty.

During the sales process, he pointed out that they had replaced a damaged tire. Of course, he was using what was a CPO requirement as a sales point.

So, yes, I received the CPO warranty.

I expect that Jaguar will honor the CPO and send me a key. Customer service was very friendly and said they'd call the dealership and call me back in less than 2 days. They did make a point to ask if this was my first Jaguar, which it is.

Old 01-06-2016, 10:35 AM
Veteran Member
Received 516 Likes on 414 Posts

I think you should ask to see the CPO report that the dealer's tech has to fill out and see what is on it as far as what was inspected and the results as I agree with you they may not have really look at it. Do all the tires match and have similar tread left? When they do authorize the second fob you will need to go into the dealer service department so they can program both of your fobs. Also, remind the dealer that you will be surveyed and you will be base your responses to on the experience you have had. This is something Jaguar is very very concerned with, need I say more. Lastly, if it were me, I would ask to see the Dealership manager when you do in and relate your experience with him or her indicate your concern if a true CPO report was filled out and it's accuracy.

Old 01-07-2016, 08:18 AM

Well, the dealership agreed to give me another key.

Jaguar customer service came through!

Old 01-07-2016, 01:00 PM
Veteran Member

Glad to hear that Jaguar is holding the dealer responsible as they, the dealer, have to pay for all items that need to be repaired or replaced for the CPO to be authorized by JLR. I found out that under CPO tires need to have a tread depth of 7/32nds and brake pads have to have more than 50% pad thickness, too.

Old 01-07-2016, 01:11 PM

Tires were almost brand new, so no problems there. I may have the brakes checked for pad thickness before I head in to get the key.

Old 01-07-2016, 09:17 PM
Received 41 Likes on 38 Posts

Glad to hear you presented your case to Jaguar. We're all hoping you get that 2nd fob.

Old 01-09-2016, 03:56 AM
Received 38 Likes on 32 Posts

Congrats, you will not be disappointed, I have had mine for 1.5 years now and I still feel like a 18 year old with a big grin on my face when I put it into Sport and Dynamic mode and give it some throttle.

Old 01-11-2016, 08:24 PM

Originally Posted by JamesTX
Well, the dealership agreed to give me another key.

Jaguar customer service came through!
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!

Glad to hear everything worked out

Old 03-07-2016, 08:04 PM

Well, the saga continues .... and ends.

When I went in to get the new key fob, I asked the dealer (different from the one that sold the car) to do a multi point inspection including pulling the wheels and measuring the brake pads. Surprise, he found that most of the pads were well under the 50% limit required by the CPO process.

So, I called Jaguar back to file a new claim, and they asked the selling dealer for their inspection paperwork. Of course, according to the seller, all pads were at exactly 6 mm. What a coincidence.

I told Jaguar that their dealer was a liar and asked them to call the local dealer and discuss the multi point inspection data. They must have agreed with me because Jaguar has agreed to pick up the tab for a complete set of pads.

Hopefully, that will be the last issue with this CPO process. While the dealer was a lying s.o.b., Jaguar North America was amazing. Great customer service.

The end. Hopefully.

Old 03-08-2016, 09:16 AM
Veteran Member

Think your getting the Jag inspected and worked on by another dealer was a good move. Especially since the selling dealer behaved in an unethical manner. I am quite certain the JLR will charge back to the selling dealer any of the expenses it takes to get the Jag a proper CPO authorization. Also, I hope you have found a dealer that you can have confidence in performing service and repairs honestly and correctly.

Old 03-17-2016, 07:40 PM

If possible, definitely look for another dealer.

Old 03-18-2016, 06:42 AM

Originally Posted by JamesTX
....Jaguar has agreed to pick up the tab for a complete set of pads.
And rotors. Nice.