XJ ( X351 ) 2009 - 2019

I'm Stupid for not posting for so long!

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2011, 08:23 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default I'm Stupid for not posting for so long!

Man, I posted on the forum August 2010 a few weeks after I got my car. There was no dedicated section to the 2011 XJ. Man so glad there is finally one!!

Looking at all the issues that people are having - well I went through most of them not knowing where to turn for advice. On top of that my dealer's service department is by far the worst I have EVER experienced.

I got mine in August 2010, it's a white xjl SS 2011 with a blac interior. I booked it in April and the wait felt forever. Am so glad to see a budding forum for the car. I won't make this a long read, just point out a few thnings.

I had the noise behind the sunroof as well and the dealership could not figure out what it was for the longest time, it however is finally fixed.

But now the interior reading light for the front passenger comes on magically while I am driving. This is very dangerous as it disctracts me and I have to manually turn it off and annoying more than anything. Anyone else experience this?

Another issue I have had in the past that had not happened since the updates - but actually did last week is that sometimes when I get in the car the side view mirrors will not automatically open!! The only way to rest this is to get out, lock the car, unlock and then it works. Very frustrating!

There's been a few other little things but nothing to get irritated by. Overall I love my car. It was the first SS here and I have yest to see another one in Houston. I know a doctor bough one in blue and got it a few months after me.

I'm just so glad AGAIN to see people on the forum with the same car.

Old 03-27-2011, 08:38 PM
Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by xjsupersport
Man, I posted on the forum August 2010 a few weeks after I got my car. There was no dedicated section to the 2011 XJ. Man so glad there is finally one!!

Looking at all the issues that people are having - well I went through most of them not knowing where to turn for advice. On top of that my dealer's service department is by far the worst I have EVER experienced.

I got mine in August 2010, it's a white xjl SS 2011 with a blac interior. I booked it in April and the wait felt forever. Am so glad to see a budding forum for the car. I won't make this a long read, just point out a few thnings.

I had the noise behind the sunroof as well and the dealership could not figure out what it was for the longest time, it however is finally fixed.

But now the interior reading light for the front passenger comes on magically while I am driving. This is very dangerous as it disctracts me and I have to manually turn it off and annoying more than anything. Anyone else experience this?

Another issue I have had in the past that had not happened since the updates - but actually did last week is that sometimes when I get in the car the side view mirrors will not automatically open!! The only way to rest this is to get out, lock the car, unlock and then it works. Very frustrating!

There's been a few other little things but nothing to get irritated by. Overall I love my car. It was the first SS here and I have yest to see another one in Houston. I know a doctor bough one in blue and got it a few months after me.

I'm just so glad AGAIN to see people on the forum with the same car.
the mirrors have done that a few times with me as well but if you press both mirror buttons on driver door panel at same time they will open up and close whichever you want...hope this helps

The following users liked this post:
xjsupersport (03-27-2011)
Old 03-27-2011, 08:39 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by MDJag
the mirrors have done that a few times with me as well but if you press both mirror buttons on driver door panel at same time they will open up and close whichever you want...hope this helps
Thanks!! My dealership did NOT tell me this!

Old 05-20-2011, 09:09 PM
Received 27 Likes on 15 Posts

The roof console is the same console as the xf which has a bulletin for the lights coming on by them selves. the bulletin is applying a di-electric grease to circuit board. if this doesn't help then the roof console gets replaced.