XJ ( X351 ) 2009 - 2019

InConnect not connecting to 2016 XJL

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2017, 01:19 PM
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default InConnect not connecting to 2016 XJL

please direct me to the right source of information as I couldn't find similar issues reported for the 2016 XJL. I'm a new owner of the sapphire XJL and experiencing difficulties connecting the vehicle to my jaguar account Any advise in the right direction will be highly appreciated

The following users liked this post:
NewLester de Rocin (01-23-2017)
Old 01-23-2017, 03:19 PM
Veteran Member
Received 516 Likes on 414 Posts

not trying to be snippy here, but I would think your dealer would have helped you with configuring your XJL when you took delivery. I know that when I took delivery on my XJ the salsperson spent nearly 2 hours with me going over the features and connections. Didn't your dealer do this?

BTW congratulations on your new XJ may you have many years of enjoyment.

The following users liked this post:
NewLester de Rocin (01-23-2017)
Old 01-23-2017, 04:28 PM
Received 107 Likes on 78 Posts

Originally Posted by maxmir88
please direct me to the right source of information as I couldn't find similar issues reported for the 2016 XJL. I'm a new owner of the sapphire XJL and experiencing difficulties connecting the vehicle to my jaguar account Any advise in the right direction will be highly appreciated
I wish every dealership were so beautiful, but in the Tri-state area of the Northeast, dealers are notorious for, well... kind of pushing the owner out the door too fast when he takes ownership of the car. Even an excellent prestigious vehicle like a Jag or Land Rover.

It's hard to blame the dealer. NYC especially is a hard-pressure arena for the salespeople, and they drool at the last few seconds before you take the keys and drive out---they want to report to their manager that "one more car has gotten off the lot before the 30th of the month"

I also purchased my Jaguar in the Northeast US area, and though my salesman showed me some features, and set the Incontrol before I arrived to pick the car up... to be honest it would have taken him two hours to show me all the essential functions, and the InControl connection was inexplicably "disconnected" within a month of owning.

So, if you're not on great terms with your dealer, and can't argue with him, or don't want to create misunderstandings with him, you don't need to go back to him to set up Incontrol.

Follow this Link to JaguarUSA's owner account set up. Don't worry, it is Jaguar's official site (and something the dealer should have introduced us to as a helpful favor).

https://incontrol.jaguar.com/jaguar-...wner-web/login

You'll need your car to be sitting outside your window. Have the key ready in your hand, because you need to start the car and have the engine running for the first minute of the process.

Once you've created your account, follow the steps to register your car.
It's just a few careful steps, but they are really easy (you initiate it on you computer, and Jaguar does the complex telemetric work at their end).
Once you've done it, get into the habit of looking at your overhead console when you start your car in the morning. IF the ("blue") Jaguar Assistance light ever goes out, it likely means you've lost your InControl connection too, and will have to re-establish contact through the website again. (It happened to me...)

Post an update, and let us know you've succeeded.

Old 01-29-2017, 09:55 AM
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Update ...

When none of the suggestions to connect by new car equated any results, I was forced to call the dealership last Thursday and pass a few, less than pleasant, words as to what I am thinking about their way to handle it. It's been 3 days since I left the jag at the dealership - so far, they identified and replaced the defective module that is responsible for car's connectivity. They still have not been successful at activating the 3G services. Not that I need it, but what if this is a potential another issue related to other component... such as SOS, traffic updates, etc? I'm frustrated that these type of checks haven't been conducted prior to my drive off. They had a full week to do it. It's unacceptable service for a dealership that is competing in the luxury market. Their apologies are worthless to me ... and they haven't offered anything meaningful. So while I'm paying for a $90k+ car, i am driving a stripped down loaner RR Evoque that doesn't even have a navigation system which I happened to need for this weekend.
Anyway, a word of caution to the future buyers, have your dealership inspect all electronics ... especially that pertains to connectivity services. Or prepare to spend a considerable amount of time with your dealer on the day you are picking up your new vehicle.
On the positive note, the car is gorgeous. I will post my impressions when I get s chance to spend more 'pleasant' time with it.