XJ ( X351 ) 2009 - 2019

Intermittent Gremlins

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2013, 05:01 PM
Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Intermittent Gremlins

Well I've had my car for about six months now and I've had several things happen that are not repeatable or clear themselves or no fault code found. I love the car, but it does raise some concerns. Over the few months I have had the following happen:

1. Check engine light and limp mode: Camshaft alignment code, but not repeatable and cleared. Has not happened again

2. Screen stayed dark as if turned off when car started. Touch functions still worked, but it was dark. (screen was not manually toggled off). Turning off car and restarting did not correct. Staring car the next day was normal function. No fault found at dealer

3. Trunk (boot) closer did not work for several tries. (clicking sound when button pushed) Had to manually close. Corrected itself after a few cycles.

4. Eco start stop fault. Cleared when car restarted

5. Navigation goes blank and re initializes, during navigation.

I am not going to bring the car in as these are not consistently repeatable. They will just tell me no fault found.

Has anyone else had gremlins pop up and go away?

Old 08-27-2013, 03:36 PM
Veteran Member
Received 516 Likes on 414 Posts

The only issue I seem to have intermittently is the blind spot monitor "crashes" but resets in 10 minutes or so.

I have had screen issues from time to time and the best way to reset it was to turn off the car close and lock the driver's door from the outside and then set the alarm by pushing the outside handle button twice and the horns chirp 2 times then wait for 30 seconds or so and then unlock and get in and start the car the screen comes on after several seconds. From what I have found in my case is that my Iphone is in use of some sort (i.e. a call or listening to music)

Old 08-27-2013, 05:40 PM
Veteran Member
Received 594 Likes on 422 Posts

The only issue I had with my 2012 was the blind spot monitor crashed once. I suspect the reason was that in a road construction zone the blind spot monitor stayed ON for several miles due to the closed-in concrete barriers. Reset after an engine stop/start.

Albert