XJ ( X351 ) 2009 - 2019

Intermittent issues continue? HELP

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2011, 10:31 AM
Received 43 Likes on 28 Posts
Default More satisfied owners than disspointed ones

Guys, keep in mind, there are surely more very satisfied owners then the ones griping about the car. I know 2 other people who bought XJ L SC just a few weeks before I did.
They never complained about even a single thing. Yes, they are less "picky" then me and most of the people on this forum.
Also keep in mind; people who have no problems or questions whatsoever won't even look at a forum like this. Much more the ones who run into problems or questions.
In other words, besides the enthusiasts and simply interested owners, you will find (with many things) that many more owners who have issues will go online, look for solutions and air their frustrations. Not so much the thousands of happy owners.
I would buy the car again. Because once all was corrected in one visit the car did not give me any other problems.
Liking or disliking the Entertainment/Navigation Screen ect is one thing, and certainly there are better. But remember, in EVERY car you will find something you won't like as much and would like improved. Its a matter of your personal preference of what it is.
But making statements like "stay away from the XJ as it will certainly be a problem" are in my opinion inaccurate and just a car bashing not helping others to make a balanced decision. It is a subjective opinion and if I would have picked a lemon, I would probably feel the same and make similar statements. But that would not be considered a balanced and objective assesment of the car. Just keep all this in mind. It's rarely black and white.

Old 01-17-2011, 05:34 PM
Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by gears
Guys, keep in mind, there are surely more very satisfied owners then the ones griping about the car.
I agree with this. At the same time as stated here several times, this price point of a car should not have such crude problems.

Old 01-17-2011, 06:05 PM
Received 49 Likes on 35 Posts

At this point in time I would never tell someone to stay away from this car because it is totally awesome. What I would tell them is if they are going to buy this car because of how new it is the dealer is just as important and that their working knowledge of the new XJ may play and important part of their enjoyment of their car.

Old 01-18-2011, 11:54 AM
Received 43 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by ExpatJag
At this point in time I would never tell someone to stay away from this car because it is totally awesome. What I would tell them is if they are going to buy this car because of how new it is the dealer is just as important and that their working knowledge of the new XJ may play and important part of their enjoyment of their car.
Well said. Thats how I see it.

Old 01-18-2011, 12:44 PM
Received 51 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by ExpatJag
+1

Old 07-09-2021, 01:11 PM
Received 23 Likes on 19 Posts
Default Don’t cry mister!

Not sure why noJagnomore is even here?!? Some people are miserable their entire lives and the only way for them to experience any happiness is to spread their misery to others!

On the premise that Jaguars are full of bugs and you have to go to the dealer every week, that’s ultimately ridiculous! No auto makers perfect, I guarantee that!

But my second Jaguar was a ‘95 and this was just a few years after, when the Internet was coming-of-age and you could access the national recall database.

After hearing on the news, ‘Toyota recalls half-a-million of this & some other auto manufacturer recalls several hundred thousand of that; and almost all the auto makers having to recall hundreds of thousands vehicles regularly at a minimum—I looked up Jaguar and that year it was SEVEN. Not seven separate recalls; like other auto makers constantly have; but seven vehicles were recalled! Somebody at the British plant probably had a fight with his wife the night before and had a bad day!

No one builds cars that well anymore and I’m sorry to say since Tata motors took over Jaguar; I don’t think they ever will again! But as much as I think my supercharged V6 sounds like a bag of squirrels compared to the V8 or even the big block 6 cylinder; (Originally a tank engine!) I can’t deny the power, performance and handling of my car!

Last edited by mc690; 07-09-2021 at 01:15 PM. Reason: errors