XJ ( X351 ) 2009 - 2019

Jaguar InControl Remote premium question

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2020, 08:32 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Jaguar InControl Remote premium question

Tried to use my InControl Premium app (iPhone) with 2016MY X351 3.0D Autobiography - it reads travels, shows status, but lock/unlock and beep&flash does not work, saying communication error.
Also I do not see an option to start engine and precondition it

Any ideas?

Old 12-23-2020, 04:08 AM
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Dealer may have to enable/ register for service, also check subscription. My dealer had to activate for me as was registered to previous owner.

[img]blob:https://www.jaguarforums.com/3565cf15-652a-495a-80f0-eba777801132[/img]

Old 12-23-2020, 04:09 AM
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Old 12-23-2020, 02:26 PM
Veteran Member
Received 592 Likes on 362 Posts

D.D.D., is this a new car to you? It can take a few days after you register the vehicle over to your InControl account for all the subscriptions and features to sync up with the app. After the VIN is registered to your account (it sounds like yours is as it is in your phone app) then the next step in the process requires you to press and hold in the service/blue button in the roof console for I think about 10 seconds until it flashes. It uses the inbuilt SIM in the telematic module to send a 'here I am' message to prove you have physical access to the car. Then assuming your subscription is active then sometime within the next few days the Remote Premium features should appear in your app. (The telematics goes into deep sleep if the car is not started for 3 days, so make sure you keep using it while you wait.)

If you've done all that and it still gives a communication error, it might need a trip to a dealer to diagnose further.

Old 12-24-2020, 03:48 AM

xdave, thank you for detailed description how it work. I've paired it, it reads travels, so some kind of communication between app and telematics module work.
The car us brought from Germany to Estonia, I'm 2nd owner. Looks like my dealer does not know what is the problem, they sent request with all the configuration they read from car to Jaguar/UK and awaiting answer.
Dealer also claimed that remote start/preheat option varies country by country and and in Germany laws not allow to do remote engine start.
But anyway, I'm sure, if Jaguar claims that XJ have an option of preheating in Remote Premium whicsh should work in any country, it should be few clicks in main server @ Jaguar/UK/Global to unbind car from Germany and bind it to Estonia. During the time the car was in service at dealer I've got few thieve alarms with SMS, and contact was German Jaguar with +49 phone.
So, I guess that there should be something done by dealer and Jaguar main office.
I've called Jaguar by phone - very polite answers, they listened to me, I've spelled my VIN, name, phone - but no outcome. Problem is still there and no feedback

Old 01-18-2021, 05:33 AM

Originally Posted by xdave
D.D.D., is this a new car to you? It can take a few days after you register the vehicle over to your InControl account for all the subscriptions and features to sync up with the app. After the VIN is registered to your account (it sounds like yours is as it is in your phone app) then the next step in the process requires you to press and hold in the service/blue button in the roof console for I think about 10 seconds until it flashes. It uses the inbuilt SIM in the telematic module to send a 'here I am' message to prove you have physical access to the car. Then assuming your subscription is active then sometime within the next few days the Remote Premium features should appear in your app. (The telematics goes into deep sleep if the car is not started for 3 days, so make sure you keep using it while you wait.)

If you've done all that and it still gives a communication error, it might need a trip to a dealer to diagnose further.
I've got reply from local dealer, that car is built to german specifications. Germany does not allow remote engine start and dealer said that they cannot change country.
Weather is -10C now, I cannot use remote start/climate and dealer said there is no factory option for webasto

Where country information stored? Is it some database server in Jaguar/InControl system or it is some telematic module inside the car? Is there any hack how to change belonging country?