XJ ( X351 ) 2009 - 2019

Jaguar XJ 50 from 2019

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2023, 04:00 AM
Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts
Thumbs up Jaguar XJ 50 from 2019

Hello Everyone
I had a Jaguar XJ Supersport Diesel for 5 years the car was from 2010 and I really enjoyed driving it for 160.000km the car was 214000km when I sold it, never a problem with it
Now I bought again a XJ 50 diesel with the 300ps 700nm and 8 speed, it is a 2019 with 50000km
However I have some questions that you may help, is it really important to have a Sim card on it ? knowing I share my connection via wifi from my phone ?
I have the normal Meridian sound system, is it difficult or impossible to have the Sourround Meridian ?
Owners manual is in german and I am looking for any link for a XJ 2019 in english of french

In anycase the car is like new the previous owner ( just one owner) took good care of it
I've been driving it for a few days and did already 1500km with it
here some pictures

here some pictures

The following users liked this post:
ralphwg (02-04-2023)
Old 01-30-2023, 11:44 AM
Received 243 Likes on 184 Posts

Hi,
Wow. Very nice looking XJ.
SIM are not nessesary and as the system is propably still using 3G technology, the networks are soon gone, when whole world are running 2G/3G mobile networks down.
On Range forums users have been upgraded the audio systems. Since systems are same, the instructions should match.
Jaguar shares the owner manuals on their web (at least for newer vehicles).
Please check exsample from UK page: https://www.jaguar.co.uk/owners/hand...des/index.html

Old 01-30-2023, 04:15 PM

thank you

in gas Mileage it is not bad either ( 6.2 liters with the old one ( 275hp diesel)

and the one now

Old 02-02-2023, 05:21 AM
Veteran Member
Received 410 Likes on 281 Posts

Jaguar never made a diesel version of the super sport , the super sport version were all petrol 503bhp the diesel xj had 275 then 300 bhp . Just for the record

Old 02-02-2023, 11:01 AM
Received 243 Likes on 184 Posts

Originally Posted by George05
Jaguar never made a diesel version of the super sport , the super sport version were all petrol 503bhp the diesel xj had 275 then 300 bhp . Just for the record
Correct, but only fact in UK market.
There are market area differences about offered models. Exsample some markets XJ was available with 4cyl 2litre 241hp petrol engine.

Old 02-02-2023, 01:02 PM

Originally Posted by George05
Jaguar never made a diesel version of the super sport , the super sport version were all petrol 503bhp the diesel XJ had 275 then 300 bhp . Just for the record
Where you got that info from? I apologize to say, but your records are not exact

Here is a video I did from mine .. There is just an error while editing. I did not realize when editing, (XJL it is XJ) it is the normal wheelbase SWB
and the Supersport has a lot of difference compared to my XJ50 now, the headliner full in leather and also alcantara in some parts (sun blinds etc) as shown on video or pictures, the wood doors panels have a wave graphic on it very nice, 3 different leathers, for example on the doors the upper part is one leather and below another and plus the headliner which is another and plus alcantara in some parts, the front seats where the buttons are for adjustment, it is with leather, the rear central console where the air-con and heat seats etc for the rear passengers are in Leather, another particular thing only from the Supersport the glove box , middle console etc has a purple color very nice actually, very soft carpet all over, in the trunk the bottom has rubber lines with chrome metal around, there are all kind of stuff, dual view, Wi-Fi for headphones DTV TV DVD etc etc front radar and much more.

Last edited by Geoffrey Fake; 02-02-2023 at 02:27 PM.
Old 02-02-2023, 02:18 PM

and here my last pictures of it 5 days ago just the last day before I sold it the next day the car was 13 years old 220000km ( almost 137000 miles)

Last edited by Geoffrey Fake; 02-02-2023 at 02:20 PM.
Old 02-02-2023, 03:10 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,273 Likes on 699 Posts

I knew that leather headliners were out there. But I did not know that there were leather wrapped rear climate control housings. Now I have something else I want to get to upgrade mine.

I still don't understand the appeal of the canvas colored pillars in models with predominately dark interiors. I find it very distracting with the "focus on me" light color next to the ebony stuff, especially the B-pillar. I already fixed the pillars in my XJL.

Originally Posted by Geoffrey Fake
Where you got that info from? I apologize to say, but your records are not exact

Here is a video I did from mine .. There is just an error while editing. I did not realize when editing, (XJL it is XJ) it is the normal wheelbase SWB
and the Supersport has a lot of difference compared to my XJ50 now, the headliner full in leather and also alcantara in some parts (sun blinds etc) as shown on video or pictures, the wood doors panels have a wave graphic on it very nice, 3 different leathers, for example on the doors the upper part is one leather and below another and plus the headliner which is another and plus alcantara in some parts, the front seats where the buttons are for adjustment, it is with leather, the rear central console where the air-con and heat seats etc for the rear passengers are in Leather, another particular thing only from the Supersport the glove box , middle console etc has a purple color very nice actually, very soft carpet all over, in the trunk the bottom has rubber lines with chrome metal around, there are all kind of stuff, dual view, Wi-Fi for headphones DTV TV DVD etc etc front radar and much more.

Old 02-02-2023, 04:24 PM

Originally Posted by rothwell
I knew that leather headliners were out there. But I did not know that there were leather wrapped rear climate control housings. Now I have something else I want to get to upgrade mine.

I still don't understand the appeal of the canvas colored pillars in models with predominately dark interiors. I find it very distracting with the "focus on me" light color next to the ebony stuff, especially the B-pillar. I already fixed the pillars in my XJL.
Well all black would make sad small depressing cuffing style in such an elegant car, I absolutely love it with that color. but taste are different for everyone.

Old 02-02-2023, 04:37 PM
Veteran Member
Received 410 Likes on 281 Posts

Just typical jaguar , different specs for different markets , I was referring to the UK market . We like yourself have loads of diesel versions , all troublesome over her only a mater of time . But the latest long wheel base in petrol form after year 16 is a very very scare beast in the uk market , my research ( personal cousin who is an engineer and father my uncle was a chief engineer for jaguar in browns lane , ) there are only 25 models in petrol guise , loads in diesel but the Brit form will testify very troubled, good luck with yours , ps mine has the fully monty, tread plates booth plinth, diamond stitch , leather cirrus seats and leather velar roof , outside colour is odesy red was an SVO car . also the long wheel base and foot stools and massage with 5 options and tv s loads of TVs and tables

Last edited by George05; 02-02-2023 at 04:41 PM.
Old 02-02-2023, 05:06 PM

You have a full loaded great car, long wheelbase it is to long for me in the parking around here are crap in town and I drive mostly alone in it 99.9% of the time, regarding the diesel, I am absolutely happy with it as I do quite a lot of kilometers mostly home work and with such litle cumsomption I am not at the fuel stations every evening after a good ride during the day as the others, also I never had a problem with my previous Jag so the new one the XJ50 I hope have the same luck anyway it is just to be my daily driving car
for weekend and fun I have others

Old 02-02-2023, 05:11 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,273 Likes on 699 Posts

Originally Posted by Geoffrey Fake
Well all black would make sad small depressing cuffing style in such an elegant car, I absolutely love it with that color. but taste are different for everyone.
Interesting you would make such a comment that all black is "sad small depressing". I imagine most would disagree.

Glad you love yours. I had to fix mine. I prefer the pillars to blend/disappear rather than be the focal point whether viewed from inside the car (or outside).

The following users liked this post:
KiwiJon (02-06-2023)
Old 02-03-2023, 12:34 PM
Veteran Member
Received 2,426 Likes on 1,906 Posts

I checked my XJR and I "think" the rear AC panel is plastic with fake stitching in it?
At least mine feels like a hard plastic.

I do like the trunk mat with the rails on it! I don't have that and I have heard of the bright purple console liner too. That certainly stands out!

Old 02-03-2023, 02:07 PM

In my previous was leather, unfortunately the car is sold since a few days but from some pictures I have you can see it

and I loved also the lower part of the front seats with leather and white stiches was giving a nice finishing of luxury

Plastic in my actual 2019 XJ50 lower part of the front seats and the center console behind If someone will do it with leather would be interesting

Old 02-03-2023, 03:18 PM
Received 36 Likes on 26 Posts

did those rear usb plugins in serve any consistent purpose other than lighting up? would think the protrusion would be prone to being kicked by anyone getting in the middle seat

Old 02-03-2023, 03:31 PM

I did not have the original "plugs" so was 2 holes and I bought that just to fill it in but never no one used them and I maybe had 20 times people behind in many many years so basically is a space where it is mostly with no one

If someone is interested
Trunk lid

Last edited by Geoffrey Fake; 02-03-2023 at 03:34 PM.
Old 02-04-2023, 10:17 AM
Veteran Member

Interesting that your last picture of the rear AC panel does NOT have any stitching above the two "eyeball" vents?
Lots of variations. First time I have heard of the "Sentinel" version too and it's listed as above the SuperSport model.

Old 02-04-2023, 11:51 AM

Originally Posted by clubairth1
Interesting that your last picture of the rear AC panel does NOT have any stitching above the two "eyeball" vents?
Lots of variations. First time I have heard of the "Sentinel" version too and it's listed as above the SuperSport model.
I am just showing my 2 XJ cars .. one was the supersport ( sold) and now again i took another XJ the 50
The last picture it is my XJ 50 which is plastic around the air vents, which was leather for the previous xj.

Old 02-05-2023, 12:19 PM
Received 185 Likes on 120 Posts

Originally Posted by clubairth1
Lots of variations. First time I have heard of the "Sentinel" version too and it's listed as above the SuperSport model..
Sentinel is the name of the armoured version, as used by Prime Ministers (until recently)

Old 02-06-2023, 05:56 PM
Veteran Member

I hate to hear the monarchy has turned away from Jaguar?
What do they drive now?

Quick Reply: Jaguar XJ 50 from 2019