XJ ( X351 ) 2009 - 2019

Jaguar XJ demographics

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2011, 03:49 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm not an owner yet, but I will be ordering a new 2012 Jaguar XJL (unless I find a perfectly equipped 2011). I'm 39, and I have never owned a Jaguar. I'm switching from a 2010 SAAB 9-5 Aero (as the company is nearly dead), and the other car in our garage is a 2009 Mercedes SLK 350. As soon as I saw the new XJL in person, I knew I would be getting it. I don't like the fact that it's RWD (prefer AWD even though DC only gets 3-4 snowfalls a year).

Old 08-03-2011, 11:17 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am 49 and never considered the previous generation Jaguars (except for the S-Type R) or any manufacture’s sedan. On a whim, I stopped by my local Jag dealer looking for an advertised 2006 Pre-Owned S-Type R, which was of course sold.

I then discovered the current generation XF and XJ....love them both. These automobiles have amazing style, power and luxury. An added bonus, the Jags is not seen very often in my town. The Jaguar Platinum Coverage is the best luxury car warranty in the industry.

I purchased a nearly fully loaded (missing the adaptive cruise control...Thank God!) CPO 2009 XF Premium Luxury. I hope to keep my XF for at least 4 to 5 years and then move up to a XJ.

Old 08-04-2011, 09:50 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well I'm 36, and did consider a X-type way back in 2004 before I bought my Acura TL 6MT. Didn't like the S-type's tail or the super long XJs, and then along the way bought a smaller Rover, Lexus R450H, A4. Didn't even notice the new XJ until I was in the dealership doing some maintenance on my Rover, and had time to kill so I decided to chat with the sales person. Then went home and slept on it and decided to test drive some cars 2 days later.

So I tried the Panamera, E63, wife hate the S6 so Audi is out, no M5 for this year so no on that either, and then there's nothing left in the 450+HP class. The XJ SS had the best interior by far and best looks in my opinion. Couldn't deal with the Porsche's 4 seats and everyone else's more expensive for the same performance/luxury package so XJ was a no brainer.

My only regret ----- Should have gotten a XJL SS, sometimes I find myself wishing a little more legroom for my friends chilling in the back. Anyone think the dealer will let me trade up without getting killed on the trade-in value???

Old 08-06-2011, 07:29 AM
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by AZCrusher
I am 49 and never considered the previous generation Jaguars (except for the S-Type R) or any manufacture’s sedan. On a whim, I stopped by my local Jag dealer looking for an advertised 2006 Pre-Owned S-Type R, which was of course sold.

I then discovered the current generation XF and XJ....love them both. These automobiles have amazing style, power and luxury. An added bonus, the Jags is not seen very often in my town. The Jaguar Platinum Coverage is the best luxury car warranty in the industry.

I purchased a nearly fully loaded (missing the adaptive cruise control...Thank God!) CPO 2009 XF Premium Luxury. I hope to keep my XF for at least 4 to 5 years and then move up to a XJ.

To each his own. I love the adaptive cruise. I miss it when I drive my other cars.

Old 08-06-2011, 07:34 AM

Originally Posted by yuannyh
Well I'm 36, and did consider a X-type way back in 2004 before I bought my Acura TL 6MT. Didn't like the S-type's tail or the super long XJs, and then along the way bought a smaller Rover, Lexus R450H, A4. Didn't even notice the new XJ until I was in the dealership doing some maintenance on my Rover, and had time to kill so I decided to chat with the sales person. Then went home and slept on it and decided to test drive some cars 2 days later.

So I tried the Panamera, E63, wife hate the S6 so Audi is out, no M5 for this year so no on that either, and then there's nothing left in the 450+HP class. The XJ SS had the best interior by far and best looks in my opinion. Couldn't deal with the Porsche's 4 seats and everyone else's more expensive for the same performance/luxury package so XJ was a no brainer.

My only regret ----- Should have gotten a XJL SS, sometimes I find myself wishing a little more legroom for my friends chilling in the back. Anyone think the dealer will let me trade up without getting killed on the trade-in value???
I hope you can pull it off, but I don't see any way around getting killed on the trade-in. Car dealers seem to live for that kind of transaction.

If it helps (or, hopefully not), hurts, I will say the XJL SS it TOTALLY worth it. I LOVE mine. So glad I went with the trim pkg that I did. I would trade up, if possible.

And get the one with the adaptive cruise and light packages. Worth it, IMHO.

Old 08-06-2011, 11:20 AM
Received 49 Likes on 35 Posts

I love my adaptive cruise control as well though I don't use it much. I do use the crap out of the active differential control.

Old 08-21-2011, 08:08 AM

Originally Posted by ExpatJag
I love my adaptive cruise control as well though I don't use it much. I do use the crap out of the active differential control.

So how well does the adaptive cruise work at 160 mph on the autobahn?

Old 08-21-2011, 08:17 AM
Received 49 Likes on 35 Posts

I have actually never used it at that speed. Because at that speed I am typically driving way out in front of the car so I would actually react before the radar saw anything but I will have to try it.